/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Post about the game Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Patch 3.5 Trailer
youtu.be/4kA9aAdIDG0

>Patch 3.5 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d90ea3ee6d083eaba4f22e5deefe934b0a0a464e

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 Gung Ho for GARO Collaboration
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001753.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previous Thread:

Tfw no elezen gf

I will marry Yunny~

DONT CREEPSHOT ME REEEEE

>tfw gonna tap this and most won't even get to see her butt

Feels good man

Looking for a bf to buy me expensive gifts and shower me in affection

I lose my shit every time I see that picture, OP. Thank you.

i'll eb you

why in the FUCK isn't there an option to queue for PvP with AST filtered?
literally the most overpowered class in the entire game holy actual shit

I miss Aon...

Want me to be your pocket gf?

>tfw been gone since patch 3.15, probably coming back one of these days
There's a shitload to catch up on. Is there anywhere that handily compiles the stuff you need to know, where to go to kickstart the new MSQ stuff, how to easily/cheaply upgrade your gear, etc., for returning players?

i need something to pump..

is this the start of a new epique meem

I claim this thread in the name of all the brave warriors playing Seal Rock.

Congratulations, mate ! Which did you get ?

Here's another you might like.

Hello my friends what is up how are you enjoying this Garo pvp event
Here is a hip reference, I am dabbing

I want aranea and gyoni to spitroast me again pst

>cute
>elezen
>scholar
*throws marriage papers at u*

>He/she has bright colored hair with highlights
>He/she has bright colored eyes
>He/she avatar posts
>He/she uses a terrible hairstyle to look unique
>All the meanwhile they prefer to main a DPS class

Me unless you're a certain someone

Convince me to use this last fantasia I have by telling me which face i should use and I'll be it.

Face 4.

Yeah sure okay.
You were too late all positions filled we wish you luck in future endeavors please leave your resume.

>Makai Priestess's Skirt
>Clearly a pair of shorts

I'm convinced Primal outright never does Seal Rock

>>He/she has bright colored eyes
You know, people in real life have bright blue eyes.

>tfw you finally webbed your crush and now you're bored

Half of the reason I'm actually leveling BRD is so I can shoot faces in Shatter and Seize.

An excellent dab, friend.

YAMEROOOOO

Quit the game

>still watching the other three members of my party get blown up by Extreme Caution in Baelsar's Wall

This is fine.

You don't kill them. You CC them while you kill someone else on their team and make them watch.

Just run whatever dungeons you can for Lore tomestones to get yourself up to i230, unlocking the 60 dungeons along the way. Most of the quests to unlock those that aren't in the MSQ will be in Idyllshire. MSQ will be at House Fortemps, and clear Alexander: Midas so you can unlock Alexander: The Creator to start getting i250 gear. After that, it's mostly grinding out Scripture tomestones and clearing The Weeping City of Mhach so you can run Dun Scaith for i260 gear.

Well you could always cuck them

How do you like our makeovers?

I don't really care for most of the armour besides the DRG set, but I'm really glad everyone is PvPing again so I'm having a lot of fun.

BRD is really really fun in Seize. I've been playing mostly BLM up to now, which is also fun, but trading a bit of damage for the mobilty of BRD has been a lifesaver. Warden's Paean, Repelling Shot and Shadowbind can get you out of a LOT of bullshit lol. BLM can do that too but only if you have an ally to Aetherial to, I feel a lot less reliant on my team as a BRD.

Glad I got off Primal in time, then. After my daily I always just queue up straight for Seal Rock. I pity anyone who has to endure playing the terrible mode that is Shatter.

>people always ask what to do when they resubscribe
>the game hasn't changed and has released the same content for years
C'mon, dummies. It's not hard.

I'll take the catman to bring home with me.

Ok

>several other people like abe and that one monk who wiped his group because he wasnt getting a good parse who are bigger offenders to fflogs autism
>images like this get made instead because its still "cool" to make fun of ippiki

Really makes you think.

You have turned me emo, are you happy now?

This is why so many start burning through pathetic losers.

Nyo

whats the deal with the ilvl270 relic quest? of all the lvl60 dungeons I've done since 3.5 I'm still on the first glowing rune with the anima glass

But is has.

>this is considered beautiful in europe
holy shit we should've nuked you instead of saving you in ww2

Ok I just unlocked the binding coil of bahamut but there are five "turns"

Where do I start? If my item level is about 110 is that good enough?

This is a game post.

Ive liked playing DRK some here and there. But im a tank noob and this may sound stupid. But when is the best time to use Def cooldowns? I always feel that i just kinda mash them out whenever and im never really sure when its best to use them.

For example is there a enemy threshold where something like shadowskin or dark dance isnt really needed? Or something like convalescence. Is it better to use at the start or on reaction when health gets low?

I figure its at least okay that i actually use them. But at the same time i dont want to waste them in situations that they are kinda a waste of CD (At least i sometimes feel it is).

No. I don't remember what happiness is, if that cheers you up.

cringey

farm the shit out of a1s

Shirou...

>thinking anyone in this screen is serious

Perhaps bombing yourself silly

How has it changed, user?

They're still releasing 2/3 dungeons a patch, progression raids on even patches, alliance raids on odd patches, and an Extreme trial.

When has this been different since at least 2.2?

Hello /xivg/, are you ready for a fun weekend?

You're good to go up to turn 5 with ilvl 100 but I doubt you will find anyone that doesn't just unsync it and boosts through.

The utility of BRD is pretty crazy with shadowbind and blunt arrow and stuff, I'm excited to check it out and hopefully have a bit more fun in PVP. I was playing BLM and if I stepped a little out of line I usually got smushed into oblivion.

AM I

You start by ignoring it completely.

Use cooldowns when you're anticipating high incoming damage - maybe it's a big attack, maybe you pulled a lot. You'll learn this through experience, pay attention to the damage you take.

name of bottom right most cat?

post stupid idiot meowers

Why? Isn't that content I need to do? Or do I just keep progressing through Heavensward?

Wait hold on, can I get a pic of what all the elves look without the silly get-up?

its Eun Kai

it's outdated raid content that has no value other than story and a handful of glamour items and titles

NO.

No. It's not content you need to do. You could ignore it for the rest of your life if it so pleases you.

Yes, only because I'm still being a shitter and working from home tomorrow. Now I've been given power in another Free Company I'll probably be a loser and autism company projects, too, while playing Berseria

no way

That was surprisingly helpful. Thanks, user!

Oh, well what about the Crystal Tower? I've been trying to do those FATES to unlock it but they haven't been spawning.

Exactly the same.

Maybe this weekend I'll actually kill myself

same thing, outdated raid content but the glamour is more valuable since there's no crafted alternatives

>watching an ebin relationship die in real time

I wish I had popcorn.

>be DRK
>only have 2 crowd control abilities
>only one actually works 85% of the time
>look like a retard trying to stun and bind healers as it continues to have no effect on them
>ast completely ignores you and continues carrying the enemy team
>game ends
>0-1200
>want to tell your team that you're sorry for letting them all down
>can't
I was supposed to protect them Anons....

xD we r so wacky!!!

which one

That doesn't look like a fun time.
Oooh! Sounds good! What FC?
Don't do this user!!!

whose?

I sure hope so

Shit, I'm starting to feel like I got into this game way too late.

Why not? I just want to know how they look normally as I don't think I've noticed them post.

first themepark mmo?

L A and every single dick in DRAKN

Im ready to schedule our EB ceremony of course.

>bottom right has a veil

my dreams
ruined

;_;

Welcome to theme park MMOs.

Just a small one some linkshell friends started. I'm probably just gonna use the garden for jute and obsess over airships a second time. It didn't take as long as I thought it would to actually get it to rank 8, though. Expert delivery truly is a miracle

No, screw you :(

I'm going to go with then!

>people spend their time in a videogame so they have stuff to shitpost with on Veeky Forums

today i learned people can sink even deeper than you would think

Which helmet should I go for until I get to grab the Diabolic one?
Sadly the Odin helmet doesn't fit at all.