Would you ever buy a new car?

Would you ever buy a new car?

is he going to stab her hand

Of course, if I can afford it.

Yes, I am going to buy a new MX-5 this year.

Of course. There's just the problem of both having the money to buy one and finding one you like enough to own forever.

>tablet sticking out of the dash

>steering wheel on the wrong side

Yes, in about 6months time I'm going to buy a Aston Martin DB11 with cash

I did it once and probably never again. The depreciation is just to much. If it was a car i planned to keep forever maybe. But cars today are made with the intention to be treated like paper plates - use em and throw them away (or spend a fucking fortune to keep them running).

Any future cars i buy will be slightly used ones that already hit their first two year depreciation hits.

Hell yeah once my used mazda3 breaks down. Its the only way you can get a rust free car here in ontario.

Steering on the right side

All you have to do is visit Veeky Forums for a week and realize how bad of an idea it is to buy a used car.

Nah definitely not. Gotta give it a little time for inherent problems in whatever model to become apparent. Also a low mileage used car is just as good as a new one just cheaper.

Yeah I think most of us know, but it's still quite a nice experience as long as you're financially stable enough to buy it

I personally never trade in my cars or get rid of them until absolutely dead, so it's not like I'm getting rid of my older reliable cars even if it may seem irresponsible to not use the money from the trade in for the new one

Every new car is a new adventure and they are absolutely mine and I know it will always be one of my babies.

I only buy new cars and always buy them outright, no financing, but then again i'm not poor.

yep just did

if i would've won the 100mil powerball, then i would've bought you a new car also

I would never buy something less than 5 years old. Too many horrific defects come out of the factories to take that gamble.

no

I just don't like how the top of the door panels is finished in the exterior colour

That's a funny way to say 'renew my bus pass', user.

>buying an iCar
>becoming the botnets mobile good goy
>willingly making your car stealable to anyone with fifteen megabytes of software and a bluetooth device
Of all the things I hope you guys don't do, this is the most serious.

I've only bought 1 new car in my life and I'm never going to do that again. I ended up taking a bath on it due to depreciation. Personally I much rather buy a model 1 or 2 years old so I don't have to worry about that super sharp new car depreciation.

If I can afford it, sure. If I can't, then it's a slightly used car for me.
I don't care about depreciation; I'm not planning on dumping 90% of my income into payments, or using the car as an investment, other than investing in my well-being and comfort, like my current car was.

no

only cucks, dumbasses who cant wrench, and pussies buy new vehicles

if you have a new car, you cant call yourself an enthusiast

>dd newer car to work
>protect cars I like from road salt and nogs

Yep, bought my first non-hand-me-down vehicle a few months back and no ragrets. Since there's no penalty for paying it off early, I'm building credit for 18 months then paying the rest in cash.

Having payments sucks, but it just means I can't buy a new gun every month.

>not DDing a car you like

I've done it 3 times. Better for me to own rather than to fiance because I have the funds

>putting tens of thousands of commuting miles on a car you like
Are people actually this retarded?

>being miserable most of the time you drive because you don't like your car
Are people actually this retarded?

t. poorest of poorfag

>>putting tens of thousands of commuting miles on a car you like
>Are people actually this retarded?

A car isn't a fucking shrine, and sitting is frequently worse for them than driving.

If you had a hot gf and an ugly gf, would you ignore the hottie so you didn't put wear on her cunt?

That's why you spend the weekends with the cars you like. You get to put regular miles on them without fucking them up within a 2-3 year timespan.

i did at age 24. i got a titanium trimmed ford fusion with all the tickboxes I wanted - heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, great sound system, moonroof, etc. and 0.0% financing.

obviously it is a luxury and yeah you do suffer from the massive loss in value in the first three years, but I got the car I wanted, know that it never had a shitty driver in it driving like a maniac/destroying shit and the full vehicle history. for me, over five years, to get the vehicle i want, is worthwhile.

Why yes I would buy a Mazda 626 mps off the deal- oh wait that car was never produced...

>If you had a hot gf and an ugly gf, would you ignore the hottie so you didn't put wear on her cunt?

comparing cars with woman, stay virgin 'n nevr change Veeky Forums

Yes, never lease unless your a fedora wearing populist that needs to show off a car they can't afford. Getting further in debt for something they don't actually own.

probably not
and the safety features they keep adding are deterring me more and more

yes, but only i was was really rich, or if its a car that i know will appreciate in value

Of course. Only a retard would buy a sports car used. If you have the money, always buy new performance vehicles.

Example: BMW M4
You want to buy it used? Sure, go ahead. Enjoy having already 15k redline mileage on it.

Only ever a sports car. Something unraped I can baby its first 2k miles and keep garaged. Real question is which car is worth that, and thats actually reasonably affordable (sub 100k)?
And other than that, whats the fucking point?

Probably not. For any given price point there's an older car that's better in every way unless you're looking in the very top end of luxury or performance but I'll probably never be in that range.

Bought a 2013 Accord new, great daily and feels good knowing that I am the first owner.

Only if the deal were so balls blasting good that it made no sense to get a used one

because of the huge amount of value it loses when you drive it off the lot!!

Since I don't change cars every 2-3 years like many people do, I don't get hit by depreciation that badly, it tends to even itself out after a few years.

Also, unless it's a very common car, finding a good example of a car you like is usually a bit hard.
Want an SI? all riced to hell.
Want a wrangler? all wrong engine (i4), or broed out, expensive.
Want a truck? RUST and BRO stuff, auto everything, shit configurations, the exact cab and bed you want isn't as common as crew cab + short bed, or it's a fleet truck that's already been raped to hell and back.
German car? Owner didn't pay attention to service intervals, everything breaks, everything is expensive, interior is worn to shit, probably was owned by a white suburb kid and then by an arab afterwards.
Cheap car? Was treated like a cheap car, so you get shit.
Classic? either expensive as hell, or overpriced for what it is, or terrible version, or "restored" like shit (think bad paint, retrofitted shit stereo, bad wiring).
350z? it's an auto, or a riced manuel.
Sti/evo? do I need to even explain this one?
And so on, and so on.

Buying a car shouldn't be stressful.
So the DD is new, I pick it up the way I want and keep it the way I like.
Also they are cheap if you buy between year or gen changes.
BUT I keep an eye open for any used car I might want to buy and keep.

From a financial perspective, buying new makes sense if and only if you plan on keeping the car until it's no longer worth repairing (drive it into the ground).

And yes, I would and have. And no, I haven't resold, and don't intend to.

Why would I buy a new car for 30k+ when I could get a fun 80s car, customize every aspect, rebuild the engine and suspension and get 200-300HP out of it for less than 10k?

besides, most new cars look like shitty bars of soap or are "crossovers".

Bought a base 13 Accord for 26k and I already have over 150k miles on it.

Was well worth it for me as my commute is shit as the city my job is in is expensive as fuck.

Drug dealing is booming?

Mechanic here
>No

Very surprised at the responses ITT t b h. Knowing Veeky Forums (or, at least those who shitpost), I would've thought there'd be way more "no, just buy a civic" posts, but some anons have actually bought new.

You know, my dad and uncle always said to never buy new and never deal with dealers. That was when I was younger. However now, even with the awful depreciation that occurs upon driving the car off the lot, your situation might just be fit for buying new (or so I assume).

I've owned used poopboxes ($1000 or less) and they have done me well. However, some companies like Mitsubishi or Kia or Hyundai offer a crazy TEN YEAR or 100,000 mile warranty that is seriously enticing to me -- especially as I don't wrench and hate the mechanic's.

Anyone here own a Hyundai/Mitsu/Kia/other make with a 10 yr/100k warranty?

the Sport trim has a more classic head unit, but no LSD

Yes, if subaru would ever FUCKING SELL IT HERE REEEEEEEEE

>"sport"
>no LSD
>bullshit still sticking out like a sore thumb
>autotragic

Would you like to come in and try again?

Not with my own money, no.

I work as a travelling (contractual) PT so knowing what I have done on my car works the best because of (usually) long commutes.

Bought a '14 Escape S, maintenance has been done every 5000 miles by my dealership. Have never had a problem other than a compressor problem (under warranty) and recalls.

Did 60000 miles in 3 years I owned the car, mixed with highway and city miles, including a few long road trips to other states.

Buying new is kinda like a safety blanket to most people, knowing how your car has not been molested/(could've been).

Also, I have a couple of friends driving Kia/Hyundai both have the same problem, it's a shitbox with glitter on it, and has seen the dealership more than twice for problems within the first year. They probs got lemons but they did buy Korean

The whole range has CVTs in Australia which is no fair.

thats a real old school thing to do, leaving the last 2 inches or so body coloured, i think they might of stopped doing it in the mid 80's

its a neat little throwback

>drive a 40 year old landbarge daily
>bought it 8 years ago when they were dirt cheap
>in the meantime the car has actually appreciated because boomers
who would've guessed?

If I was obscenely rich, yeah sure. Why would I care about burning 30% of the car's just by driving off the dealership parking lot.

I think you should be saying
>if I weren't obscenely poor
Because you don't plan on buying a car new just to sell it as soon as you get it. You keep it around for a long time and if done correctly it can last a long time. It's not just for rich people.

Anything that I would never sell even if I became destitute and had to move back in with my parents or live in it. Viper, ND Miata, maybe a few more. More bikes that I would buy new. I got this and want to buy a Super Duke next year.

I usually buy 2-3 year old cars with under 35k miles.

You avoid the crippling 1st and 2nd year depreciation while still getting a basically new car. It saves you about 10k so you can get more options or even move into a luxury segment that you otherwise wouldnt want to pay for new.

This. I bought a late 2011 model in early 2014, saved about 20k rather than buying the newer face lifted version (all it was was a front bumper). Allowed me to move up the range for a higher trim too, for brand new entry level pricing. Had 30,000km on it, ex-executive car, and was maintained to log book reccomendations too (all entries by the dealership who sold it to the company).

I have heard tons of stories of dealerships not honoring warranties because of loopholes and other things.

This thread is interesting.
I have bought maybe 20 used cars 6 from dealers.
In the last 2 years i have bought 2 new cars. Both i actually have equity in (if i was to trade in i would get more then is left on my loan) and one is still sitting at what i payed for it. 1 year old Jeep rubicon MSPR 42k bought for 35,7 blue book 35.2 in good condition 19k miles.
The other is a 4runner i owe about 19k on and KBBs for 31k Payed 42k for. Both i put about 4k down and have a 1.29% rate @ 48 months from my credit union.
Neither have had a single problem besides a check engine light on the jeep due to me forgetting to tighten the gas cap for 10 blocks or so.
The main reason i went new is because most used cars you have no idea what they have been through or what has/has not been done to them and i didnt want to risk getting another maintenance nightmare like my last car.

Bumping for more. Up from page 10 we go!

I've never not purchased a new car
poorfags btfo

So you've never purchased a car at all?

>yet ANOTHER buttblasted miata driver

I did, first ever NEW vehicle, other vehicles I've had were 5-10 years old.

>buy truck
>have financing through bank
>have discounts via costco and employee pricing through family
>haggle with them over next week, get it reduced a bit
>pick up truck, sign for it blah blah
>I ask at time of signing if everything is good to go, deals worked etc
>told yes by salesman
>have truck in my possesion for 2 weeks
>get a call from dealership
>say theres a problem with a the truck
>dont know who called me but show up
>get taken over to financial department
>they said deals didn't work
>Told I need to pay out of pocket, something like $4,000
>I ask if they know contract law, as we signed for a specific price and how they cant come back and change it after the deal is done
>they call me a liar, dishonest etc
>I tell them to go fuck themselves and they're a scamming DISHONEST car dealership

Left, never to return, also wrote the corporate HQ, BBB etc to complain.

Not just because of this experience but I'll never buy new again, 1-2 years old is fine

Yes
> New M3

>being miserable anyway since im sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for 40mins...if only I were driving my manual beast-car this would be bearable

this is tards actually to believe

Never. The last few model years are pretty much the same car and if it's the first of a new model year usually there's problems to iron out. There's never any reason to actually buy the latest.

Plus $30k cars are like fucking $10k used after 50k miles and a few years. You're pissing away money, just overwrite the farts from the previous owner with your own.