>NEWS
darkestdungeon.com/radiant-update-the-squiffy-ghast/

Previous Thread

mandatory jester, dont even care it took me a shit ton of time to do

>buy DD like a year ago
>get my ass handed back to me
>"user, don't stick to your heroes, use them as a tool and replace them"
>get better results

But it just feels so empty now and even more of a grindfest.
I'd rather farm with the same group all the time and have favorite champs instead of playing capitalism Qatar simulator.

Does anyone have the snab crab pic
I scavenged through the booru and all i found was this

That's just a case of needing to get good. I've had the same group of four that go on the majority of my expeditions over nearly 200 weeks since I first assembled them.

That's why you upgrade stagecoach early, have an A-Team and a Team full of expendable newcomers

I should revamp this

Sure, it's not like we can stop you

This is a fishman's dream, imagine how easy it would be to crit some shirtless fuccboi in the gut

Which dungeon has the best enemy design?
I personally like the weald the most, the mushroom theme is eerie and fits the dark atmosphere of the game.

So I have like a pimped progress team with all kinds of upgrades and random plebs to farm low tier for them?

Basically.

I always have 4 open slots for throw away level 0s to send into impossible missions and die so my quality guys can stress relief/sanitarium

Cove or warrens. Eldritch and body horror respectively. It's funny how eldritch horror always seems to be something that comes out of the deep.

Threadly reminder that over-confidence is a slow and insidious killer.

time well spent nigga, dont ever doubt that.

It's fucking amazing, man. I love it so much.

thought you liked the soft chest one

saved nigga

[STRESS HEALING INTENSIFIES]

The sea is scary as fuck

To think we just know about 3% of our seas

I like stacking stun trinkets

Will you be making a new save for the patch?

Holy fuck I just finished reading HillBilly issue 4 and then they bring this fucker in.

Also I'm surprised this edit I did still exists

Most likely, yeah. I hadn't thought of it until today's little bit of news, but when I was reading it, I thought I should.

[STRUMS FURIOUSLY]

Our past always stays where we left it

Do you think the Crimson Curse will be permanent if you contract it? Or at least hard to remove it?

I have a file that I use to experiment with all the different things the game has, so I'll probably delete that one once the update comes out and try Radiant mode, then Stygian mode.

I imagine it'll be harder to remove than your typical disease or quirk.

If there's a penalty for having it then it's either going to be something you have to go out of your way to get or something that can be removed by some method.

I'm going to cum!

They've been going with some alternative routes for all these new champion enemies. I'm curious what that means for the Warrens, considering they already have a stress/mark enemy, a Stress/Disease enemy, a bleed/prot tank, a beefy heavy hitter/stunner, a two space debuffer/marker with bonus mark damage and a super heavy two space shuffle nuker. It has some of the most diverse and annoying enemies in the game, what could they add to it that will make it a bigger challenge without falling into one of the same roles?
Yeah?

It's going to function just like Never Again. Once your characters go through a vamp dungeon they contract it permanently. How mad would you be?

Maybe getting the curse is like going into the Darkest Dungeon-- adventuring in the Court will give it to you, and you can then choose either to keep it (presuming that it gives some sort of benefits) or remove it (so as to not get hammerman angry, and to avoid possible downsides)

>tfw you from an alternate universe posts the same idea at the same time.
Spooky

If it opens up the door for sub-classes, I'm down for that. Sub-classes in that, say the character is now part Vampyr or some shit, they gain different stats or abilities, or camp abilities, etc. So there would basically be such a thing as a Vamp At Arms or Vamp Robber or Vampiquarian, etc.

Probably not the case, but other games have done it before, so it made me wonder.

Vampsader?
Vampwayman?
Vampster?

>Vampmaster

>Instead of having a dog, he commands swarms of bats

>Cry Havoc becomes a party wide +Debuff +Move Resistance ability, at the cost of inducing some Stress on the party
>Loses Blackjack
>Loses Guard Dog
>>But Hound's Harry now gains an actra 2-3 bleed damage
>Gains a new ability in Guard Dog's place, wherein the bats siphon health from a single target to heal the Vampmaster

I meant in Lick Wounds' place, shit.

>Enter Swine Prince with Leper, BH, HM and Arb
>Only two battles the whole way to the boss
>Spend the whole camp time on buffs and don't get ambushed
>Kill SP in 4 rounds and one shot Wilber with the Leper
2EZ GG

Friendly announcement/reminder to all people having trouble with Hunger Procs: There are a limited amount you can have per dungeon depending on the type and you will never run completely out from only checks if you buy the max amount.

Yeah, figured this out way early on. Started buying max food no matter what.

>Go on short Warren run
>Bring along 12 food, honestly feel like I'm overy doing it
>Get three food checks before I clear five rooms
>Fourth check, no food, take penalty
>Already know through scouting that a curio is two tiles away
>Fucking Dinner Cart...
>Sitting on four unused Med herbs...

Fuck you two RNG.

>"Hey user, I saw you and your team going around this dungeon and wanted to see if you want to see my corpse collection, wanna take a quick look? Is just one battle, you can finish your quest later, right?"

Does anyone know how much the Pitch Black Mod changes the Collector? I haven't played it myself and haven't seen any gameplay of it, so I've only heard things around here.

Chain stuns and Trapezohedrons will come your way, but only if you post "Surprise, Collector!".

Can anyone give me a good reason to not drop my Crusader and Leper and just keep around 6 Hellions? Maybe more? I feel like shes the only real front line fighter.

Crusader is meh over all, and Leper hits hard if you get him with good trinkets, but fuck if he gets out of position he's useless. But my hellion hits as hard as the Leper, can jump ahead if she gets knocked back, can self heal DOTs, and snipe back rows... I mean just seriously I can't think of any other character that does better as a dedicated Row One bruiser.

Crusader and Hellion have the same damage range and the Crusader gets the bonus on Unholy as well as having higher HP and a better crit chance. He also has better overall camping skills and functions just as well in second position as in first.

I was never really that big of fan of the Hellion. She really wants position 1 to use Iron Swan, which is fine, but between that and her camp buff, makes her somewhat inflexible. Her basic attack is ok, on par with the crusader and slightly weaker than the Leper, but is certainly servicable. Beyond her ability to reach out to any position (Although requiring multiple skills to do so), she's one of the only two classes that can stun multiple enemies in one attack.

The reason I don't use the Hellion all that much is her relatively fragile nature when compared to the Leper and Crusader, her near complete focus on dealing damage, and the stun, while great when dealing with multiple heavy hitters in the front line, debuffs her attack and renders her main facet somewhat lacking. The multiple skills needed for a variety of offense limit my ability to equip her other, useful skills (I feel like the basic attack hitting row 1 and 2 and Iron Swan are both a given, along with her great stunning capability; this leaves one slot for either her position fixing breakthrough, her adrenaline rush, or her "If it bleeds..." to strike position 3), leaving me forgoing some of the more utilitarian skills to better accommodate her ability to apply damage to whatever target needs it the most at the time.

The stun, although great, necessitates the use of a stun trinket to increase reliability, and is no better against double rank heroes taking slots 1+2 (Where double slot targets usually are) than any other stun available to the Crusader, Houndmaster, Plague Doctor, Vestal, or Bounty Hunter, while excluding the Crusader, all have additional flexibility on their range. On top of needing a stun trinket to get the most use out of the Yawp, I'm losing some damage on her for a few turns afterwards and the stun trinket means no other, more useful trinkets to use as well, such as something to improve her lacking health pool.

When you get down to it, the Hellion is just as tanky as the Bounty Hunter on the front line and less tanky than a Houndmaster. In a way, she's somewhat similar to the Highwayman, and faces similar problems to his use in more difficult dungeons: A laser focus on applying damage to targets with only minor concern for utility.

Compared to the Leper and Crusader, she'll go down quicker when focused, and deal similar damage to ranks 1 and 2. The Leper has the advantage of a decent sized self heal that also greatly increases the chance to resist further blights and bleeds and a self stress heal that reduces the direct damage he takes, along with a damage debuff to enemies and a corpse clearing move that doubles as a movement ability against the enemy party. Compared to the Crusader, she's losing out on a medium but flexible heal and a stress heal, both of which can do wonders to decrease the attrition of one's party in any dungeon.

In short, I find the hellion sits in a weird place between the strong marked target damage and stuns of the bounty hunter and the tankability and utility of the Leper and Crusader. Her defining features, a rank 4 direct attack as a front row character and a double stun to ranks 1+2, wind up overshadowed by the considerable utility of the holy frontliners and the damage output and stuns of the Bounty Hunter.

Crusader is good off-healer of HP and Stress

But i only have 1 crusader the whole time and his name is Reynauld :^)

Who has the best Utility abilities in the game? Including party wide, single target and self abilities?

her main strength is dealing with whatever is more threatening first, then giving you room to breathe.

I use yawp, swan, breakthrough adrenaline rush on her.
If the backrow is the problem i swan->breakthrogh to hit the 4,3 ranks before any debuffs are applied, then with trinkets at least 2 ywaps cahinstunning the front 2, to either finish off the back, or heal up. since at this point, she already done her part as the damge dealer, it no longer maters if she gets debuffed to hell and back, she only needs to stun and heal herself.
If there are musliple soft niggas like dogs or spiders, i open up with breakthrough, then again: just use her to chainstun whatevers left. In this case, the most crucial is the first turn, where she deals max dmg, and after that taking out 2 guys form the fight is worth more.

She is the best pos1, bar none. If all she had was her stun, she would still be hight tier, but with the ability hit all ranks, self heal/cure, she fits into every party.

Batman

>party wide
Killing everything is a major asset to your party

>single target
Again, pulling or knocking back a single enemy at any time is great utility

>self abilities
This is where Batman shines. Every turn, his [Snort] ability activates, providing major stress heals for himself, allowing the party to focus on the enemy (or whatever is left of them)

Batman has the best utility

technically crusader: heal, stressheal, stun, multipos and singlepos attacks, pos-correcting attack and godly camping skills.

but for useful purpuoses i would pick houndmaster with guard, stressheal, selfheal, stun, multipos and anypos attacks with bleed, mark, debuff, and xtra dmg on marked.

DEUS VULT!

WE HAVE RETRIEVED ONE OF THE ONCE HOLY ARTIFACTS

Poor skellies, just minding their own busines then BAM! suprise crusade on their asses

OUR HOLY STRIKES SHALL CLEANSE YOU FROM THE EVIL!!

>That character name
freaking neat

We have fought well, my friends.

Is it better to take on the Shambler in low level or high level dungeons?

In my opinion, low level is better since the rewards will still be the same

Gotta agree with on this one. It's less investment, less work and you get the same trinkets.

Many fall in the face of chaos, but not this one.

Not today.

Did they show the new cove enemy already?

It's right in the OP.

Ah, alright, thanks. It's a bit strange though, since he will be the only regular spirit enemy in the whole cove. Unless I'm forgetting about someone.

So, I've been having terrible framedrops since few updates ago and generally a much worse performance than I had before. Is there any fix for that?

Question: Starting a NG+ run. Got to the point where I have about 8 level 3's and I've killed about 5 apprentice bosses. I've got the Sanitarium quirk treatment cost reduction to max and I've been more liberal about spending gold to remove crippling quirks. My question is I randomly rolled this Houndmasters quirks. I didn't do much quirk locking in my regular run, should I drop the 16,000 on this guy to lock 3 of his awesome quirks or do I save that for later in the game?

I would definitely lock Beast Hater, but I would let other ones pass.

Both of the flat 10% ranged increases and Mankind Hater? None of them are worth keeping? Also, does Mankind + Beast Hater stack when attacking the manbeasts in warrens?

Ah, sorry, I misrembered what these quirk do. Yeah, I would say all of them are quite worth it, but I'm not a big fan of locking quirks because of how much it costs.

Is there a mod to turn this into a 10-15 hour game with same level of difficulty?

I simply do not have the time to complete this game normally.

There's the less grind mod

devs are patching one into the game next month

I was 1 week to late to get the achievement fug

woops wrong pic

Devs are implementing a shorter version of the campaign which should halve the time to complete to 40 hours.

>4 Crusaders

I need this in my life.

why tho

Completing it in less time takes away from the long-lasting memory it will create at the end.

Are there any videos of a crowd watching someone play Darkest Dungeon?

I want to see people share the feeling of exhilaration you get from rolling a Virtue

Are you fucking kidding me? Are you really saying that I can't send back the guys who killed Shuffling horror to the Darkest Dungeon again? Is this shit permanent? I want Reynald and Dismas to kill the final boss so I can get the fucking achivement.

Holy shit, I'm so mad.

Get fucked buddy

Better start a new save now :^)

What do the different grave stones signify?

how haunted the grave is

>tfw no Darkest Dungeon at GDQ

It indicates what Resolve level the hero was. The ones with red tentacles just mean they died in the Darkest Dungeon itself.

I want to use the leper... but ugh, what the fuck? I can do three random runs without a leper, and not once does my party get pushed out of position. Then I go in, with my leper, wearing heavy fucking boots, and hes been knocked around twice already! Straight to the back of the line! FFS I just wish he'd stick on a black mask and scream out some Rosa Parks bullshit!!

It's good and bad. On one hand, you can't send your chosen heroes again, on the other, you get to keep them and free up space in your roster.

:)

I'm afraid of getting a fourth party member to level 5 because the Vvulf town event will become possible. Can I send a party of beginners to the dungeon and immediately flee from the mission in order to stop buildings from being destroyed?

Yeh. You'll lose one of those heroes, but it'll reset the town event.