/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?
This day in history, January 27th:
AD 98 – Trajan succeeded his adoptive father Nerva as Roman emperor; under his rule the Roman Empire would reach its maximum extent.
1606 – Gunpowder Plot: The trial of Guy Fawkes and other conspirators begins, ending with their execution on January 31.
1868 – Boshin War: The Battle of Toba–Fushimi between forces of the Tokugawa shogunate and pro-Imperial factions begins, which will end in defeat for the shogunate, and is a pivotal point in the Meiji Restoration.

>News
CK2 DD38 - My kingdom for an interface
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-38-my-kingdom-for-an-interface.995951/

EU4 - 24/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-24th-of-january-2017.996110/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_that_proves_the_rule
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Africans_of_European_ancestry#British_diaspora_in_Africa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based

white

Based Erdogan

#
Thanks
So just 1 Venetian province and 4/5 Papal provinces to take in 30 years.
I should be fine.
Also once I have 50 imperial authority I can pass reichsform regardless or what the princes think right?

Playing in the HRE is such a clusterfuck of AE

Monks and Mystics WHEN

>India
>civilized

Reminder that this is the proper OP pic and therefore should be used next time.

What game

Yeah not really sure what to do once I have Italy back in, maybe bite Ferrara down to size. Does Genoa matter or not for the shadow kingdom event or nay I'm AFK atm

That's the correct IP, I just tested the ports and 1630-1659, the VIc2 ones, are fine on both UDP and TCP, what am I missing?

Here's the IP since I deleted the other post

La Plata

Why were all the good threads that were made before this one deleted?

When you will release your mod, Hitlermod?

not sure if it would make a difference but V2 ports are 1630-1641

Le Cancer

Alright, I fixed the port issue, does it work now?

k lads

based
t. Hitlermod

no work. Did you rehost after fixing the ports? Are you sure that's your public ip? check with www.ipchicken.com (not saying that you wouldn't know but other than that I can't think of what would be wrong, and I had that problem when I hosted once)

Did you ever think about finishing your mod?

Speaking of La Plata

>South America is so fucking boring. Absolutely nothing to do, shit resources, shit literacy, lots of immigration but shit pops to start with. You can't do a single goddamn thing without the US coming down to wreck your shit for no reason.

>Complaining about realism
Just git gud bro

Alright, I forwarded all ports necessary (Does the base host port matter? I just put 1630) Removed any firewall restrictions on Vic2, have the correct IP address and rehosted, try it now

PSGK

did you cheat?

I'm nearly sure your IP shouldn't have a .0. in it when hosting.

I changeownered away my provinces in Africa because it was a bit fugly and I didn't realize none of my pops would migrate there. And save scumming at times, so yes I was >cheating but I wasn't "cheating"

He didnt need to cheat to do that but theres no way he didnt savescum the justify war goals to hell and back.

Well shit, I have no idea how to fix that. Can somebody else host?

Why do you epic faggots keep forcing your ebin space game into the OP?

What do I need to revive Hellenism with Ancient Religions Reborn?

I'm already Italian but I get no events related to it. When I played as an Irish, I got the revival for Druidism right away.

Fuck off >ebinspacegame memer

how do i fix this problem with the hre religion view? i added one new religion and now the catholic icon popped out of the frame

I told you how 3 weeks ago

Space games aren't grand strategy.
>my super special definition
Literally everything can be described as "grand" and almost literally everything can be described as strategic. By this logic connect fucking four should be in there.
>b-but its been in there forever
So was Robmod, so was Vickymod, so was half a dozen other steamcordplaza memes, that is not a justification.

really? i mustve missed it. could you please tell me again?

How do you get institution spread? Ayyuthaya suddenly got Colonialism despite not bordering any provinces with it, then skipped Printing Press and immediately got Global Trade.

Stop talking about EU4, I haven't played it since they fucked up the diplomacy system and I have no idea what people are talking about

>tfw you share a religion with +70% of 15th century Sub-Saharan Africa

I bet this was funny in your head.

So?

Your whiny-ass bitching every single day is annoying. No one gives a shit, no one even touches half the games/mods on the infopic that ARE "grand strategy."

Is the HRE view the only one where it's out of place? I've only done EU3's and if you add a new religion it skews every place it shows up unless you add another frame in the .gfx file

>lets fill the infopic with non grand strategy games!
>no
>why not
>because theyre not grand strategies
>so?! oh my god fucking autists ruining this general im going back to /r/paradoxplaza

yes the hre view is the only one thats out of place. i added one frame to all gfx files

>When you realize the in-game Persian empire is based on the weak sauce Parthian Empire and not the based Achaemenid Empire.
Look at this giant fucking blob, holy shit.

I'm planning on converting to V2
Norway holds northern Mexico/Texas, that will be a Norwegian-American state
Leon holds Central America, I assume that will turn out like OTL Central America
Should I take Central Mexico?
Should it be a Mestizo country or do they get DANED
I want it to be semi-realistic (though obviously this is far from realism, I want it to at least be sensible alt-history)

What did they mean by this?

let Leon take Mexico so they can defend from the other Iberians
Or show Europe so we can make a better decision

>chsndi

Autism, hated that shit in HoI.

Germanics colonised by killing the natives and settling the land, latins colonised by fugging the natives and taking their precious metals, as a Germanic race it is your duty to kill the natives and settle the land.

check the hre.gui file then and see if there's frames for religion icons too. If there isn't you may have to adjust the positioning of it manually

Is Hearts of Iron Grand Strategy or a Wargame?
t. subhumanslavshitters

Here is Europe
Borders will be fixed before conversion
I partitioned the Ottomans before starting just for variety's sake

Easy, Mehmet.

>le speaking an extra language is bad meme
t. (((anglo)))

>slavniggers whining that characters in their language look like characters in our language
Either fuck off to Russian /gsg/ or learn to accept we don't give a fuck about you.

but dont you fucking dare use a ß instead of a B

Wow Guyana is such a prosperous and white country, so is most of Africa and India

Anglos are honourary Latins

>pretending you chose to speak another language and didn't have to in OUR (the anglos) world
i love this meme

Those are letters, not fonts, ergo rendering them as a Latin pseudo-font is retarded.

>not the right last thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_that_proves_the_rule

>implying africa wasn't being settled before WW2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Africans_of_European_ancestry#British_diaspora_in_Africa
>implying india isn't too populous to settle

Lad the only reason America is white and not Brazil-tier is because the climate was similar to Europe and you couldn't just bring niggers to farm cash crops, except in the South, and guess what that place is full of niggers. If Spain, Portugal or Canada had colonized New York it would be as white as it is today. And if the Dutch had colonized say, the north of brazil it would still be a shithole

>If Spain, Portugal or Canada had colonized New York
>Canada

>Ragusa doesn't own Ragusa
>that disconnected Polish Danzig
>Swiss port
>that Iberia

I... I don't know user i was looking at /pol/ at the same time

Making the Dutch GREAT again.

I probably meant if Portugal or Spain had colonized New York OR Canada then...

Okay, explain Australia.
>climate similar to Europe
You're oushing that in the American South, but the Australian climate is NOTHING like Europe, for starters it's in the southern hemisphere, so the winters and summers are the other way around and it's hot as shit, the only part with a Euro climate is Tasmania.

Britain only sent healthy white stock there, and then Australia followed "white Australia" until the '70s.

Also, look at British colonies in the Caribbean, non of them were BLEACHED but there is a visible difference between the whites and blacks there, in south America it's just various shades of brown.

I don't know why but Germanics and latins just colonised differently. Belgium, a mixture of the two, got confused and started chopping off peoples hands.

You can't plant Tobacco or Cotton or whatever in Australia so there's no point sending niggers there. Also was slavery outlawed by the time Australia was a colony or what?

>Polish Danzig
Don't worry it's in the hands of its rightful owners
I only let Ragusa live because they went Protestant, so now half of the Serbs are Protestant while half are Orthodox
If they don't retake Ragusa by the end of the game I'll make them a different tag

>Britain only sent healthy white stock there
You mean hardened, criminal degenerates.

>Danish culture
now THIS is a fucking meme.

Lewdanon, are you around? I want to discuss some stuff about the mod.

>Ms tromp
>implying shes not getting fugged by barron

>meme
only the finest

>Polish, Czech and Silesian almost exterminated
pls fix when u convert, add some minorities

>Gascon

Honestly someone needs to make a mod for EU4 with a based and white Latin Britain under the Pendragons

Fixed literally everything wrong outside that German clusterfuck

>not knowing the anglo ways
Lad, you have latin blood, so you can never truly understand the mindest of the anglo. But allow me to try and educate you.
When we want to genocide Ireland, do we march round, shooting taigs in broad daylight? By heavens, no! You must be covert. You manufacture an artificial famine and then propogate it's success. We did the same in India and Persia, and probably to the Mau Maus or the Malays, I forget.
We want to colonise Australia, a barren continent where no man would willingly go to? Why, we convict people of petty crimes and send them there, of course.

You see, our ways are ways of gentleness. We never make our intention known lest we need to backtrack later on. I doubt you'll be able to grasp this as these unique characteristics were granted to us by our Celto-Germanic heritage. The ingenuity of a German but the fiendishness of a Fenian.

What's the point of that OPM Bulgaria? Should give it to Wallachia.

Wait what are you "Fixing"? It's only 1636

>user thinks people learn English to enter the Anglo world and talk to Anglo "people"

>pls fix
that is fixed lad
Prag is German

What kind of fucking name is Prag?

>i learned to speak english so i could speak to my countrymen who also speak my native language
hmm

HAIL TRUMP!
HAIL OUR PEOPLE!!
HAIL VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, g*rmany must be destroyed

Negroes, please.

Difference between Anglo colonization and Mediterranean colonization was that Anglos were there to settle, they were SETTLER colonies.
Spaniards and Portuguese were there to EXPLOIT the land and just work.
Anglos had religion and family, they were there to live off the land, create a new place. Same goes for Australia, it was a penal colony, yes? They were stuck there, they had women, they HAD to LIVE there, they had nowhere to go back to.
Spics had nude brown Amerindians and no women, so they mixed and they fucked. At that time, there were even "castes" in South America because of this, they were there to work.
It has NOTHING to do with climate.

Brazil was (majorly) white until 1888 because before that we got Europeans from all over Europe, Italy, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Slavic lands, we even got some Confederate Americans.
1888 was when slaves were released into society. There were more slaves than white people in Brazil, we got most of them in the slave trade.
Not only that, but ever since it's creation, Brazil was corrupt. Dom Pedro created Brazil out of boredom and sold "nobility titles" willy-nilly, it was born corrupt, then due to the excess of bureaucracy, the lower classes also became corrupt (to avoid the bureaucracy).

Which is why you mostly see white people in the South (which is why the SOUTH IS WHITE meme exists), because there Europeans that settled went to the South that wasn't settled. My great-great grandparents that came from Italy and another family also of Italians basically founded a city in the countryside of a state in the south.

Also, Portuguese are already moors.

AModestProposal.png

Most EEs speak something closer to American English and are more connected to American media and entertainment, so get off your high horse Britcuck.

t. EE

t. eternal anglo

But they're there to work because the climate allows you to plant cash crops, there's also a lot of gold and silver and all that shit

So you're saying Germanics were capable of thinking about the long term effects of their actions but Latin catholics simply wanted to smash and grab like the subhumans they are?

My hospital wall has stopped the disease from spreading.