Help a /k/ommando choose a new ride!

Hello Veeky Forums, /k/ here! I'm looking for a new (to me) car since my '99 Camry has finally shit the bed, and I've narrowed it down to the following prospects:

2017 Nissan Versa S, $9000, NEW
2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, $13,500, 50,700 mi.
2015 Mazda Mazda3 iSport, $9000, 89,550 mi.
2014 Chevy Impala Limited LTZ, $4500, 57,000 mi.
2014 Chevy Cruze 1LT Auto, $9000, 32,430 mi.
2014 Ford Focus SE, $7000, 28,250 mi.
2014 Nissan Versa S+, $7000, 47,100 mi.

My requirements are simple, I need a reliable car that has good gas mileage and isn't too expensive to repair. Handling, comfort, and looks come in after those three main concerns. I work about an hour away from my home, so I'm going to be in this car at least 10 hours a week for highway driving, and I want that time to not suck.

My budget caps out at $10,000, but I may be able to bump that for the Sonata listed above.

Please help me Veeky Forums, you're my only hope.

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/681177039/overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Sonata is probably the nicest, although most people here would probably go for the Mazda because it's more fun to drive and not Korean.

this

2014.5 Camry SE, nigger

How the fuck are those so cheap
I paid triple the price for my speed 3, like 12k for an 08

Nevermind, just saw your budget of 10K. Go for a 2011-2012 Accord maybe, or a last gen Mazda 6

That impala is suspiciously cheap

mazda if you want the funnest car / hyundai if you want "luxury"

He probably meant to put 14,500

Get the Mazda3 isport good highway mpgs to come to you and save the other 1k for repairs that it might need later down the road. P.s. just don't be a chode and waste your your money on the latest camo bdu's that promises you to go undetected in any environment or other /k/ related stuff kek

Fair, I was really checking out the Mazda since, yeah, fun to drive is always worth a bit more.

Luck, I'm guessing. Then again, I live just near St. Louis, so I'm traveling for most of these, which sucks.

Wildly so. The company was good enough to get back to me on it when I asked if the price was a fuckup, but they've been quiet since I asked if it was a salvage car or some shit.

Downside I forgot to mention with the budget is that I'm hoping for 2014 or newer since the bank I'm getting the cash from gives better rates for "new" cars, thus 2014 or newer.

Also, couldn't find any super great deals on an Accord around here, which sucks since I loved the one my folks had.

First, nice tank. Second, sounds like a plan. Third, nah hombre, I'm not a tacticool gearqueer, the dumb shit I blow cash on is patches.

because speed3 suffers from heavy rice tax. muh turbo, etc. plus, a lot of people hate the way the next generation speed3 looks so the 2008 is likely in higher demand

>2017 Nissan Versa S, $9000, NEW
Avoid this thing like the plague
>2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, $13,500, 50,700 mi.
Too many problems. I'd avoid this one too
>2015 Mazda Mazda3 iSport, $9000, 89,550 mi.
>2014 Chevy Impala Limited LTZ, $4500, 57,000 mi.
>2014 Chevy Cruze 1LT Auto, $9000, 32,430 mi.
>2014 Ford Focus SE, $7000, 28,250 mi.
>2014 Nissan Versa S+, $7000, 47,100 mi.
Avoid this thing like the plage

You'd probably be happy with the Cruze, Impala, Mazda3, or Focus though.
Test drive those cars and see which one you like best. I will say though, that Impala is the best bang for the buck on that list.

Throw that list into the trash and buy a $3k Civic + mods

buy a 2015 versa, unless you value your safety in a crash

Simple mods?

A couple of them, perhaps?

or reliability. cuz the Versa is unreliable too.

Good notes, thanks man. Would you say the Impala is worth a roadtrip from St. Louis to Florida?

Also, what is it about the Versa that's so plague-like? I've seen some mediocre reviews, but nothing this outright bad.

Man, I've barely got time to go car shopping on a day off, no chance can I swing getting a Civic and making it all sporty with mods. It'd be fun, though.

That bad, huh?

>2014 Ford Focus SE, $7000, 28,250 mi.
this is probably what i'd choose.

>good gas mileage
>easy repair
>front wheel
>good handling
>it's ok for comfy
>kinda stylish

just avoid non domestic cars

All these cars are shit and/or probably salvage titles or have too many miles per year. Post your local Craigslist. Are you trying to finance 10k like a fag or are you paying cash? Also, how the fuck did you manage to kill a camry?

>Good notes, thanks man. Would you say the Impala is worth a roadtrip from St. Louis to Florida?
Should be fantastic on a road trip
>Also, what is it about the Versa that's so plague-like? I've seen some mediocre reviews, but nothing this outright bad.
I considered a Versa years ago. I test drove both body styles (the normal sedan and the Versa Note hatchback), and all 3 transmissions (5 speed manual, 4 speed automatic (only on stripper base models with no options), and a CVT automatic).
The 5 speed felt like I was moving a wooden spoon trying to stir a bowl of melted rubber.
The automatics were better to drive but it was still shit to drive.
On top of that, my best friend is a tech at a Nissan dealer. Those CVT cars (which 98% of them are) commonly come in for complete transmission replacements, usually once every 30,000 miles. So they're not reliable. Nissan USED to make great cars. Quality went downhill when Renault bought them in 2002, and it got worse in 2007 when they insisted everything have a CVT.

I have something of a fetish for the W body such as the Imapala, ask me what you seek to know inquiring one

Meant for

>just avoid non domestic cars
Any in particular, or just all of them, and why?

I'm worried on the salvage titles, but everyone I've called about has been kosher, so I'll double check before making a purchase. As for financing, yeah. I've got not much money, and zero credit, so might as well build some now. I killed the Camry by, well, by getting it when I was 17 and it had ~135k miles. It's been in a few accidents, I never remembered to change the oil until two oil changes should have passed, and I skidded into a curb which fucked the alignment. No point spending more than the car's worth to keep it rolling.

Fuck me, I'd heard some about CVT cars being less great, but holy crackers, I never knew it was that bad. Real shame, growing up I always liked Nissan cars.

Well, here's the listing for the Impala, is there anything that screams issue beyond it not having full body pictures?

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/681177039/overview/

I really like Impalas, and have high hopes for this one which I figure will be dashed upon the sharp rocks of reality once I see more of the car.

Because it's an enthusiast car

My partners 2L 6: $9500 AUD from dealer
My 6 MPS: $17500 AUD.

just all of them. parts are more expensive. and they are more difficult to maintain when something goes wrong and both of those reasons go hand in hand

If you get a new car you're buying a new set of problems. Especially that cheap. Get a credit card if you don't have one and use it to pay for repairs and pay it off every month. In a year you'll have decent enough credit that they won't rape you on the interest. Does the camry burn oil or run badly?

Also, how much cash do you have for a down payment?

Lots of miles for the year. That is way below market value though, did you check the Carfax yet? May have been a rental or some such. I'm sure you can find similar ones with lower miles too. That powertrain was implemented in MY12 and on

Why is there so many MO people in /k and none on /o?

Another user who lives near st louis

>parts are more expensive
>harder to maintain
Citation needed

True, that makes sense. I'm getting a credit card for just that, and thankfully my folks are co-signing so my interest isn't totally shit. Camry runs alright, leaks transmission fluid all day and shakes like an epileptic right now due to alignment issues. It also has O2 sensor issues that never seem to be fixed.

$2k, maybe a bit more depending on how long I can wait and save. ~$3k if I make it to the end of the month.

>Lots of miles for the year
Makes sense, I'll buy the carfax if I think I'll decide to really go in on this one.

MO is based for guns laws, and it's the main big city in the Midwest. Where at near STL user, maybe we can go shooting sometime?

Valley park. I'm nowhere near responsible enough to own a gun. Roomate always yells at me for painting him accidently with his. Buy I will say putting holes in shit is almost as fun as riding the baiku

2k plus a credit card will fix the camry with money left over. You probably just need a wheel and control arm. Keep it until you're in a better place financially.

Subarus 97-01
Volvo 240 wagon (this how you destroy tank)
Old Diesel Mercedes
E30 BMW
Throw in a German tater masher for the gearshift, stuff nuggets and spam cans in the trunk and off you go.

Fair, but it gets issues routinely. It's had the whole exhaust system replaced twice since it rusted through, the serpentine belt shredded itself, the shocks are weak and bouncy, again, and I'll be honest, for as much as the car is fun to drive, I want something different. Just wish more of my options were manual, since shifting is so much more fun.

Monroe quick struts are 100 bucks a piece. If you buy a non-oem cheap exhaust don't be surprised when it rots out. Maybe spray the underside of your car off you lazy faggot. You might really want something new but you can't afford it.

T. Someone that just spent 2600 bucks to fix his civic worth 2600 bucks.

the impala hands fucking down

fully loaded big ass boat for 4,500??

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

Versa S - NEW

>actually suggesting a CVT shitbox that's less reliable than a Yugo

Don't 2012-2014 focus's have terrible transmission issues?