Does Veeky Forums miss Oldsmobile?

Does Veeky Forums miss Oldsmobile?

>auto manufacturer literally has "old" in the name

It deserved to die off imo. You just can't have a successful make called Old in any year past 2000, heritage be damned.

No not really.

Compared to what Chevy is doing, yes. I truly believe the eggheads was at Cadillac and Olds

I remember the Alero was our family car when I was in kindergarten. It was pretty comfy, but I was only 6 so what the fuck do I know?

aurora>intrepid

Would have been great to see a new 442 competing with the current pony cars

>heritage be damned
lol

...and Pontiac, Saturn, AMC...

actually thought Oldsmobile was targeted for elderly people because of "old" being in it.

GM went pants on head retarded with axing Saturn (which they were finally using to import almost-not-watered-down Opels), Pontiac (which had finally returned to it's powerful V8 RWD roots), and SAAB, then GM turned their floating land barge brand for the elderly and niggers into their sporty luck brand for no fucking reason other than to compete in the already bloated luxury sports sedan market.
What the fuck GM.

You'd be suprised to know that through the 50s-60s Oldsmobile were the young professional's car. They were the Yuppies' car before that term even existed

>Oldsmobile being ahead of their time.
It adds up.

Yes.

Massive pillars, no viability, modern styling. I can only imagine what monstrosity GM would deform it into.

>implying they wouldn't just slap a """retro""" grille onto a Camaro
You overestimate GM.

I love the 1968 Toronado. I'll try my best to get my hands on one of those

It's literally a rebadged Monte Carlo.

nononon scratch that.. I meant Chevelle.

Yes

why can't gm compete?