/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

RIP Roamers edition
New operator Jackal preview: youtube.com/watch?v=NfAWNNMBrCU

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell Info
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=yEJtuNIW-RI
youtube.com/watch?v=jE1h-IMLefY
Upcoming Changes to Pro League
reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5odf7q/year_two_of_rainbow_six_siege_competition/
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Patch 5.3 is live.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228-Patch-Notes-Update-5-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Flawless Victory:

gay

First for horseface operator

Third for jackals foot fetish

>yfw Jackal is a 2/2 defender

Finally an operator who speaks to me

>mira already shown with chunky
>jackal has a full length rifle and redundant gadget for defense with echo, valk, and cav around while attack has only claymores to deal with roamers
why do people still think he's gonna be a defender?

>defender
He's clearly going inside the building in the teaser

I mean pulse is outside in his op video, tachanka was actually tearing ass through a wall directly to the outside with no cover in the bope reveal vid, etc.
I mean I agree, he's an attacker, just playing devil's advocate

My dude, you doubled up the link for the video. It was already included in the OP, look

>there will inevitably be a round where Jackal follows footprints in a circle until he gets stabbed in the back

Jackal is going to fuck over Cav and Pulse so hard. Roaming Rooks and Jaegers also on suicide watch.

yeah and it's blocked in the US so it's worthless

>Jackal is obsessed with IQs purple shoes

>Bitte hör auf mir Jackal zu folgen
>Te seguiré hasta el fin del mundo mi amor

That would be pretty stupid, but there will inevitably be a round where two roamers will try and bait Jackal into a trap for sure, at least a month after the release, since at the beginning if Jackal's weapon is as good as Hibana's then prepare for sweet scrub roamer tears

So does this trap cover both windows or neither?

I'd say neither

Do you think each of the operators will have different footprints so Jackal could eventually learn who he's following by the patterns, shape and size?

That would be both super cool and super weird but I doubt it

if one of the devs has a serious foot fetish, yeah

They should. It would certainly help identify who it is

There should just be three for each armor type.

>Hipfiring with a pump action shotgun
Holy shit this is amazing

I just started playing but the FBI benelli is god tier. Suppressed saiga is cheeky breeky too. Haven't tried pump actions.

10/10 image

>region locked
Shit trailers

Would teammates be able to see footprints as well as Jackal?

JackalxCaviera new OTP

Caveira chasing Glaz while Jackal follows her footsteps when?

What do competitive players dislike the most about rainbow six siege? Real comp players not kids that only grind ranked

Have a Webm

Dreams DO come true!

Jackal info from the site
>equipped with the C7E and PDW9 as primary weapons, and the ITA 12S and USP 40 as secondary weapons

That'd be a weird threesome.

So operators share secondaries

That secondary shotgun on defense sounds interesting

PDW9 will be another MP5

Probably not, I feel like his site is based on his own visor

>That secondary shotgun on defense sounds interesting
Probably the closet we'll get to a Defense version of Sledge desu

Then why have a giant fucking forehead light

Either it enables his visor to be able to pick up footsteps or it's a way to counter him when he's using his gadget

>uk

Will walking backwards fuck with his ability or at least confuse the player?

We need a defender with reinforcements that he can rip off the wall.

Will Jackal only be able to see the enemies foot prints? I feel like it would fuck him up if he could see both his team and his own foot prints

I'm sure it'll be defender prints only, like how Pulse only sees attacker heartbeats

are you sure this doesn't prove defenders are heartless monsters?

so I have 100k renown now, is there something good I can spend it on or should I just go with the diamond skin bundle?

all attachments for all guns

got the season pass 2?

nope but i'm planning on buying it irl money

so do it then diamond camo is nice bragging rights

How do I stop spraying?

click and don't hold click

>Walk into room with camera on the outside

> See jackal follow.

Aint that hard

You guys didn't hear it from me but SK operators got scrapped for possible Turkish/Mexican ctus

Still lack luster

Yeah, but how do I do that consistently in an actual match?

There's no secret just think about it and try to do it more.

you can also just lead him into traps by walking into areas and expecting him to follow those footsteps, only for him to see your gun pointed right at him.

>The burst mode is normally employed as an intermediate fire mode between semi-automatic and fully automatic, although some firearms lack a "full auto" capability and use a burst mode instead. For instance, the M16A4 (the standard-issue service rifle of the USMC) has, in addition to the semi-automatic mode, a three-round burst mode, which replaced the fully automatic mode of the previous M16A1. The reason for this replacement was the massive waste of ammunition and very poor performance of soldiers who fired their rifles in fully automatic mode during the Vietnam War.

Yeah, okay

when i started playing shooters i would fire, count to 3 really fast and then let off

I love how people talk out their ass with Jackal on reddit

>I feel like he won't see much usage higher up in rankings unless he comes with frags or breaches.

Esport shitters trying to infect this are the worse

They literally said the same for Caveria and I see her constantly in diamond

So Jackal is AssaultRifle/Shotgun and Pistol/Machine Pistol

>unless he comes with frags or breaches.

Am I just inexperienced, or wouldn't you want different gadgets if your operator's purpose is to counter roamers?

Hes

Assault rifle/SMG and pistol/shotgun

We aren't certain about the shotgun yet. ITA 12S suggests shotgun, but could also be (for example) a pistol with 12-round capacity.

People like frags alot

I personally would love Capitao more if he had breaches

frags are always a bonus, if your specialitiy is finding someone holed up in a corner, a frag is a great way to get them out. Breaches let you approach them from different angles. What would you rather? stuns?

Jackal looks like a stuns and breaches kind of guy

Yeah, and how often do you see Trashveira in pro league play?

I was thinking claymores & stuns.

Thank you all, the counting thing in particular is helping. I hesitate to use burst mode since I'm a bit scared to completely remove my panic button in case I'm in their face or something. Just want it so I can turn on the panic button at will, instead of every single engagement.

>shotguns as secondary

Dick is diamonds.

give blackbeard frags

Even if they get in your face a lot of guns can kill most operators in 3 shots.

So is the spanish bitch going to have some bullshit overpowered gadget?

everytime i hear the *THUNK* of someone getting caught in a welcome mat the surge of melatonin i get is incredible.

>original animation has all of 5 frames of movement localized to his eyes and about 12 shades of color
>webm
look I get webums are superior and all but this is kind of overkill innit?

It makes your skin darker?

>surge of melatonin

I don't think it is the beartraps making that noise...

She upgrades or otherwise enhances other operator gadgets, we knew that when she built Tachanka a shield.

Okay, nukemdukem

>Melatonin = Melanin

your ass is grass, and I'm the weedwacker

>because she can pick up a wrench and weld metal together, she will have a bizarro nebulous "upgrade" ability
she's an engineer no doubt, but how in god's name would you upgrade, say, caveira? or kapkan?

Do the laser sights have any usefulness in this game?

>melatonin: a hormone secreted by the pineal gland that inhibits melanin formation
so he's getting whiter instead
don't let the argies hear of this, lest the nation become one big field of bear traps

I wonder if this question is answered in the FAQ in the OP.

It is

She makes Kapkan work out.

Melatonin makes you sleepy niggas.
I would know, I buy melatonin supplements to help myself sleep.

upgrade cav with lesbianism

Haven't played since a bout a month after the Canadian operators were released. Thinking of hopping back in. How fucked am I gonna be?

p fucked desu

She upgrades defender Gadgets, not defender abilities.

well you avoided skillbeard and the pulsocolypse, spawnpeeking and roaming are at an all time high though and I guarantee you your teammates will be more retarded than ever before though, and you have to learn to
>not get buttraped by hostile huehuebrs
>look out for both blackeye cams and invisible roombas
>deal with twitch drones during setup
>not peek faceshieldman
>tie a noose for when you get to defend 3f bombs on favelas
>not waste explosives on montagne
>not run into kapkan's new and improved lasers
god there's been a lot honestly

>avoided skillbeard

this, consider yourself lucky