/twg/ - Total War General

FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>No Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.
Waiting for Bretonnia

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

NECESSARY mod packs
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005554297/myworkshopfiles/

Old thread: you actually kept my changes to the OP you lazy cunt/madman

1st for fuck Marienburg

>embed
what did he mean by this?

LIZARDS WHEN CA?

Can't wait for Kroak's Deliverance of Itza to do less damage than flock of doom

you waited way too long for that sweet, sweet port

>tfw AE

6th for brotherhood!

What happens/happened here?

>Man-thing doesn't know
I mean nothing in particular my fellow human, praise hammer man

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

I want more Time Commanders.

Skaven capital.
Massive city of humans above ground, Stunties below. Got along swimmingly.
Mystery man approached to help magically finish a massive dickwaving tower project for the humans.
He did so, tower was spooky. A bell chimed 13 times. Skaven were born.
Humans got fucked, everything was spooky, rats ate all the food. Humans kicked down stuntie doors to get at their food after they barred the entrances. Found nothing but many more rats.

Skaven are the best agents of Chaos.

Total War: Horrifying Nightmares when?

This stupid man-rats claim again. Please stop spreading these stupid rumors. Man-sized rats do not exist, whatever you saw was more than likely a mangly beastmen mutation.

Any more of this "Skaven" posting is subject to witch hunter justice.

>Mystery man approached to help magically finish a massive dickwaving tower project for the humans.
He did so, tower was spooky. A bell chimed 13 times. Skaven were born.

there somewhere to read more on this? sounds interesting

Does Total Warhammer run better on windowed borderless or fullscreen?

Lizardmen LL speculation lads.

>Kroak
>Mazdamundi
>Kroq-Gar
>Tehenhauin

I think Mazdamundi and Kroq-Gar are the most likely by far.

I'd offer hypothesis on the rest of the (assumed) expansion races, but both flavors of Elves are obviously getting the wonder twins and mommy and crispy respectively.

What about Skaven?
I don't know near as much about them as my Lizards.

Thanquol and Queek?

Oh, beat me to it.
Cheers.

all good

fugging horrifying

So that stuff the dwarfs yell, the Khazuid Khazuik or whatever. What does that mean?

lotr ripoffs

See the last thread.

It translates to "The dwarfs are on a warpath."

I don't get Total Warhammer. Army comp just seems random. I try to fill out my army of Greenskins with Orc Boyz, while having a doom diver, orc boar boyz, black orcs, goblin archers, and I still get trounced by tunnelers and hammerers wiht ease.

Hammerers are more expensive than any infantry you have and should thus win.
Miners are shit but have AP, so don't send Black Orcs against them.
Basic Orc Boys are pretty shit. Big'uns are much better.

Abuse the broken doom diver and use your increased mobility to flank them.

Stunties don't kill shit too fast(except at range). So hold with some units and absolutely obliterate one stuntie flank at a time. Systematically move along their lines doing this.

Your archers are pretty useless in general unless you also have da rusty arrers also shooting at the same target. This would absolutely demolish hammerers by the way.
Do use monsters, stunties have nothing for anti-large except cannons and slayers.

>This whole dilemma
Who or what exactly are these elders? I mean, why is it talking about cake & cocks?

Their Halflings. Halflings are fatasses and they ride giant birds into battle.

Whats an effective early game army composition for the Empire? It's quite a shock coming from basically every other faction, I could be clever with faction/leader mechanics with other races but Empire seems more like about abusing the auto-resolve with lectors and militia.

>no decent artillery until tier 4 and mortars are priced and tiered too high
>tech upgrades to basic troops take for fucking ever and don't seem fitting for the investment required
>human generals are rendered obsolete by arch lectors but get no CD reduction on their paltry prayers for some reason
>wizards take an obscenely long time to get

There's other stuff, but Empire right now just feels like a shittier version of Dwarfs but with cavalry and the worst building chains in the whole game.

Is the custom battle Balance of Power bar the same as the one you see in the campaign before a battle?

Does anyone here use the lore friendly greenskin officer mod? I can't fucking get it to work, it says it should be compatible with every mod that doesn't re-balance units, and I have no mods that do that.

Rock the boat!

they're*

Generals of the Empire can get to Griffon mounts which are spectacular.

Their building chains are a bit jarring yeah, everything is like a tier higher than with anyone else.
Doesn't really matter much as you're mostly fighting others with the same roster anyway.

Mortars are fine.
Reiksguard are superb cavalry for Empire-stomping.

In general you want crossbows or probably more preferably, free company.
Shit missiles wreck shit troops. Then you finish with Reiksguard while holding with swordsmen and spears.

Anything with mobility is a better version of stunties.

or more simply "the Dwarfs are coming!"
Little more weight to it that way,

>griffon
god damn it.

>that clean takeover of empire lands instead of wild expansionism into random foreign lands

I admire your style. Also I've never gotten that event before, I'm sad now :(

I need new content for Warhammer.

Where do we go from here? Should I expect the first expansion next?

Free Bretonnia next.

Then next expansion.(Although maybe more lord packs or some shit inbetween.)

Next expansion isn't confirmed to be, but nothing makes as much sense as the New World. This belief is only reinforced when CA reference matching the size of the first release. Which nothing but the New World will do.

High Elves and Dark Elves, Lizardmen and probably Skaven.

im so ready for dino murder elfs

I'm more ready for dino murder dinos.

This is why you always send away the stranger from Albion folks.

pls someone

>warhammer lore

literally who cares

I personally prefer "It's a good day for somebody else to die" myself.

The thousands of neckbeards that worship Arch the mighty.

Why would anyone accept "help" from the eternal anglo even if he weren't a chaos worshipper?

Time for a big creamy screenshot dump!

Todbringers sexual conquests are the stuff of legend

I cleaned this up in photoshop a bit, but the filesize ended up being to big so here is the suck version.

>Ask for help
>Get history fag response
I don't know why I expected any different

Gelt realizes the folly in wearing all metal while battling a more powerful metal wizard.

What the fuck do Skaven eat? There's supposed to be billions of the little bastards, but they all live underground.

>birdboi
I like it, moar

This is a hisfag only thread, know your place

Well they're rats so basically anything they can find and once that runs out, each other I'd assume.

Dude, most Warhammer Fantasy fans are fans of history as well. Hell the founders were.

>make two posts
>60s cd
>on fucking Veeky Forums

>teleports behind you

Please don't acknowledge the hist/fantasy split beyond ironically indulging.

Hi Arch.

Damn I love that quest battle. Especially if you have lots of artillery and you can continue raining it down on norscan fucking shits.

Poor little Gelt boy

now post the aftermath with kholek and archaon's corpses littered on the ground

Isn't Papa Kholek, he uses a giant hammer

everything pretty much, including other skaven and rats. They pillage food in secret as well

I know, it's just that my father introducing me to Warhammer as a lad actually jump started my interest in real history.
The first time read about the 100 years war in school I was like, wait I have seen this before
Also continuing dump

Babbies first get

Nice digits senpai.

t. lolgen

I never get these when I am trying to manipulate world events.

EOQ

I had a little venture into Bretonnia to:
A. Help Leuencour take down Mousillion (spelling bad)
B. Establish something on the Western side of the mountains in case Chaos stomps me into mulch (didn't happen)
C.Have a nice little province to launch crusades into Athel Loren from.

Sigmar is basically King Conan

Naginata samurai or katana samurai?

Always polarms

What should my army comp be as Empire? On Turn 61 and just lost my army of Swordsmen, Spearmen, Pistoliers, Mortars and Crossbowmen to some jackass nordlander spamming Free company militia

How is league these days?
Legit question, I quit back after a jungle overhaul I particularly hated.
I think the burrowing champion came out right after it?

1-4 greatswords 1-4 crossbowmen/gunners(depends on who you plan to fight)
1-2 artillery
2-6 flanking units (demigryphs are really strong so I'd show restraint)
The rest to join greatswords in anvil, halberds or swordsmen depending on who you plan to fight.
Or you can fill that with free company of your own for more of a black powder feel.

As a vague guideline.
Bring an empire captain if you need air support for your lord. Light, Life, Shadow and Beasts are the good lores. Though light only for the net and the anti-undead passive.
Fire is passable. Celestial is shit. Metal is shit but that doesn't concern you on HERO selection anyway.

Outriders/Pistolliers are pretty damn shit, I'd only use them if you're up against missile cav and you don't want to deal with them any other way, or if for some reason you still have very little else to flank with.

Steam Tanks are your strongest unit, show restraint there as well. Or go full Panzer Group if you want I guess.

Flagellants are either frontline infantry, flankers or worthless garbage depending on who you're up against.

Don't you just love it when an ETHEREAL FUCKING GHOST is blocking a full stack army from crossing a a bridge?

no

Spoopy

redpill me on the wood elves, how are they in multiplayer?

How can gelt boy even ride a horse? He must weight like 3 tons

Magical horses

Very good lore of life deathstar with Durthu.
Treekin and Eternal guard are both exceedingly good units.

Otherwise some semi-mobile less tanky but more damagey version of that with cav and missiles.

Alternatively you go all out on glade lord and waystalkers and the rest fast units and kite around for 60 minutes straight cheesing with arrow of kurnous.

Not Empire/VC good, but not bad either.

Except against stunties who almost hard-counter them as generic stuntie magic resist counts against being clubbed in the face by a tree.
But then Welves can kinda come back by spamming wildwood rangers who are legitimately overpowered(CA confirmed they were overbuffed accidentally) and good against armor.

>Literally the warhammer version of Rats In The Walls
Why are rats so scary?

How does everyone always have so much cash? I hold half of the flatlands as the vampire counts and have barely enough of an army to keep what I hold, and have an income of like 1-2k with maybe 500 gold banked at the end of each turn.
Is it the trade?

Trade helps a lot. VC have the worst economy in game by far.

Trade does indeed help a lot.

But in case of vampire counts, the best way to make money is rush City V and make libraries + vampire crypt

Oh hello there, Skwisgaar.

assuming youre unmodded CA have no concept of game balance so just sack->occupy and it'll net you obscene cash with no downside