/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General:

Borcha edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,360013.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HExlBHxQ_60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

[guitar solo]

reminder that blood and steel 2 is apparently a thing

>tfw you forget the link
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,360013.0.html

webm is unrelated btw

>King Ragnar has decided to confer Jeirbe Castle onto you
>ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT

the siege of palermo isn't going well

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

>accepting a Native castle
are you that desperate for a garrison slave?

fugging image

remimder stale memes are not culture

LONG LIVE THE KINGDOM OF SWADIA.

they're waving a banner to taunt me now

Is that really all you brought against 875 men?

Last remaining British soldier contemplates the battlefield. Battle of Fort Autism, 1879. (colorized)

Disregard that, I thought you were attacking. Well, that sucks then, but it can be done somehow.

yeah because we just did another defense earlier and conquered a bunch of fiefs
this was on the way back to europe to get more troops, the french took an opportunity to besiege a town
if i can fend them off then i can completely fuck the french offensive and maybe steamroll the rest of their fiefs without them recovering

>crossbow versus shields in 1257AD
You're probably going to beg them to put you out of your misery long before you get through their entire army

working so far
the bannerman keeps me company

what is?

Hey the WFS/Caribbean!/B&G:C! devs just released their latest game. Maybe now theycan devote some more time to B&G:C!

the stalest meme is you complaining about stale memes

Is this the Banner Lord?

>innocent man assaulted by dakota access pipeline protester while loading his peace-keeping device

>this is what rhodocucks actually believe

>finally get into serious mercenary work in 1257
>suddenly find myself involved in 2v3 faction brawl in eastern europe
>non stop fucking action
>kill most of the armies around and more come from scandinavia by boat
Slaughtering ebin vikings has never felt better.
I'm farming honor like a motherfucker too.

RIP Alberto Barbosa

So do you think Bannerlord will have battles with more than 2 sides, like the tournaments in Warband?

Would be pretty neat to have 2 sides having it out then a third one come in and join the fray. Though with how battles work I guess this could eventually lead to one giant cluster fuck with people constantly joining the fight from the over-world map.

if it's anything like tournament then two sides will kill each other while the third gets to pick off the weakened opponents

As you mentioned Warband's engine can already support battles of more than two sides.

The real query is likely the following:

1) Can you join a battle against both forces already engaged in battle

2) Can other forces interrupt an ongoing battle that you are already involved in

I suspect Talesworld will evade this due to AI vs AI vs AI logic on the map but it would be neat.

If I can't conquer 1257, nobody will get to play Bannerlord

Has there ever been an example of a battle like that in history which wasn't a horrible mistake?

If you're leading an army, and you see two enemy armies fighting, I'd think you would let them fight it out and attack after.

this
castle
is
bullshit

yes
F

who needs invisible walls when you can have steep hills.

Best case KO worst case your troops are trapped there all battle.

this
it makes absolutely zero sense

the day is ours
which castle is this

Mechanically it makes sense since battles on the world map can take hours if not days to resolve.

Even if the player did not freeze time when engaged in battle it may still be more efficient to just wipe them both out rather than waste food, morale, and time (opportunity cost).

if a Boyar defects to Swadia does his title change to Count? asking because I can't remember and it seems like lord titles are just stored as names, but I always thought lord titles changed

Yes

yes in warband
change to lord if they join player faction by default

interesting, in module_troops the lord titles are just part of the name string. titles aren't in module_factions either.

Its a castle in North Africa. This region I believe. Actually did this last night so I can't recall.

The terrain somehow screws with archer AI such that even if you position archers in logical places they will never fire.

That thing I am in has the worst characteristics of a ladder and a siege tower combined into one.

And it later empties out onto a bottleneck where ranged can shoot at you from your flanks while you are surrounded by infantry of different elevation. The side walls will also confuse invader AI, making them stuck even if there are no enemies there.

The only way I could take that castle was to suicide charge that bottleneck myself, clear out the area, and then manually order my infantry/cavalry to move beyond that area.

i think the starting ones are but then it's altered when they defect
gabes? i took kairwan and tripoli last night and i must've taken that castle a while ago since i don't remember, but kairwan and tripoli had perfectly fine siege scenes

>i think the starting ones are but then it's altered when they defect
it seems that way, the singular name string has the lord's name and title, the "plural" field just has the name. but I don't know where the game gets the title to apply to a lord once they switch factions.

module_strings maybe?

When you see it, it will be obvious. You start outside the castle flanked by steep hills. If you go up these hills you will see what are functionally death falls.

that's the one

hopefully it's just that fief since i already have it
>boyarina
kek

>complete claimant quest, arguably the longest and hardest quest in the game
>no EXP or other reward whatsoever

the reward is being the most important vassal in a kingdom that gets any fief you ask for

>when 3 fucking faggots with tiny armies siege down a city and your enterprises go to shit
I fucking hate sweden

>siege down a city for a month and a half***

If there is no implicit reward in supporting the claimant outside of exp or denars you are supporting them for the wrong reason

May as well be king. In fact due to inability to conduct diplomacy of any sort until quest completion starting your own kingdom may even be easier most times.

>play dickplomacy today
>make a sandnigger character who i will use to unify the east to create an eastern sultanate
>win tournaments, get gear, get wealth, build myself an army of about 75 sandniggers
>go to war with khergs and rhodoks, see this as an opportunity to make money raiding villages
>on my way to a village, get caught by 150 khergits with lots of lancers and veteran archers
>army gets decimated, try to retreat, get caught
>imirza noyan rapes me in my asshole
>manage to escape after a few days of getting routinely sodomized
>get caught by bandits, get sodomized, they cum all over my face and stomach
>i escape again, walk off into the mountains and commit suicide, delete save out of shame

how was your day?

>a slanteye
>with a sideways vagina
>in charge of anything
baka desu senpai

>raiding villages
>get raped
There is justice in this world

>thrusting instead of cutting
Do people here actually do this?

I don't see the problem so long as both warriors are using proper polearms

youtube.com/watch?v=HExlBHxQ_60

>get caught
>by 150 khergits

I can understand why the Bannerlord devs are wary of releasing information on gameplay features that may change.

But why in the world aren't we getting teased with random lore tidbits? At least some teasers on the faction soldiers, sovereigns, and claimants.

dont worry
we'll see a new blog in about 25 days

muh 10 sarranid horsemen and 50 footman were annihilated

Cleaving is going to be so much fun. Infantry is actually going to be powerful when you can go around the back of an infantry clash and hack up multiple enemies at a time.

>inb4 they make 2-handers unplayably slow to compensate

>Cleaving two-handers are unusably slow
>All polearms lack cleave
I will be legitimately angry

At least that's just a variable that can be modded. The important thing is that the mechanic is in the game to begin with.

I want to believe

hopefully

>it is hard-coded into weapon category rather than a flagged parameter

only stuff like that in warband is penalties based on weapon class

So what you are saying is that there is not only the possibility but clear precedence

>cleaving is going to be so much fun
You do realize that in order to get cleaving, we have to get Bannerlord first? Personally I think we should petition Taleworlds to fire the Ginger and have them hire Saxondragon for PR. The lore for Bannerlord would improve immensely.

not really since literally everything is done with flags

Polearms don't get enough love, but chopping polearms in particular don't get nearly enough love.

I hope you guys aren't implying that you want cleaving cavalry charges to be a thing.

finally

This would primarily affect the Hafted Blade and how many people seriously use that weapon mounted in Native anyways? Unless you are flanking an unaware archer line getting that close to incoming infantry to actually do a cleave with a low reach weapon is already extremely dangerous, especially in mods where horses aren't tanks.

Many swinging weapons such as the Poleaxe and Glaive lose their swinging capability once mounted. This can be balanced by modifying the moveset in a similar fashion.

>want to marry Kenshin
>also want my own kingdom
Is this doable?

What about that Dynasty Warriors mod?

>Many swinging weapons such as the Poleaxe and Glaive lose their swinging capability once mounted.
those weapons shouldn't even be usable on horseback

>Can't recruit sovereigns
>Can't turn factions into vassal states
Bannerlord needs to FIX THIS

>those weapons shouldn't even be usable on horseback
take
that
back

ching bing bong polearms aren't like european polearms

WHAT THE FUCK HOW THE FUCK DO I GIT GOOD AT THIS GAME REEEEEEEEEE

Playing Floris, can barely keep and army of 30 men standing for a week at best. Is it better to only have troops of one kingdom+ mercs or can I use any troops? morale seems to go down when I race mix

>Floris

>floris

>Floris

The modders should make fewer pretender waifus and more noble/hero waifus. Kenshin and Saber aren't even that great in the games they come from.

>floris

>floris
you only have yourself to blame. If you are new though, then save up enough money through tournaments or doing quests for guildmasters/lords to purchase an enterprise in a city for weekly cash flow. Mercs cost something like 1.5x more per week compared to their kingdom level counterparts of the same level so you should really try to get kingdom if you can afford the time spent training the. troops get +/- morale based on who they fight, so if you have rhodok troops and you kill ehodoks their morale will go down but if you have swadians and Swadia is at war with Rhodoks, you kill rhodoks and their morale will go up

>have 15 castle/village fiefs in my name
>find out about tax efficiency
FUCK

Are archers the worst units in Gekonewer? The Cutting damage bows are just laughably shit, especially when the alternative is spammable pikemen, musketeers, and powerful samurai units.

While peasant archers are a joke Samurai archers were the most powerful units in the game IIRC.

Is the slash damage arrows a Gekonewer thing? I could have sworn base Gekokujo had pierce damage bows.

they're still good because of lmao no shield

>Marshal force is so massive I can only deploy 1 soldier out of my 240 troop army
This is a serious problem considering that my companions tend to get 30% kills minimum