I just wanna go fast in a newer car

I want a second car as a fun alternative to my daily and I've been looking at financing a ~10k car to build my credit (looking at putting 3-5k down immediately on it for low rates) and paying double or triple payments so it's payed off.
No, this isn't the best way to build credit, but considering how little I spend my money it'll be a better fit than another credit card.
Car I'm currently looking at is a 1st gen Mazdaspeed3
>FWD
Yep, but it's also got a 0-60 in under 6 seconds, which isn't bad
>4 cyl
Only 8 cyls I could finance in this price range are 2006-09 mustangs, and I really do not want those. 2010 at minimum.
>why not get a Miata
I also wanted 4 doors and a hardtop.
pic semi related.

Any other options you'd recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

vehiclehistory.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, if anybody is able to run a VIN check that would be great.
JM1BK34L781114771

V6 accord 6mt, 8th gen has 280hp and it's way more reliable than the speed3.

I don't know what 8th gen is mate, give me model years.
Only reason I'm able to ID the MS3 is because there were only two radically different gens.

vehiclehistory.com/

looks fine to me

Kinda worries me, it's been in Nevada and I know Nevada uses road salt. Don't these occasionally have issues with rust? It's listed for 9,995, and MS3's don't pop up often enough for me to really get a gauge on price.

2008+ V6 models all have 280hp

Out of curiosity when I look for specs you have two different 08 Accord V6's pop up with the same HP/TQ ratings, one about 100 lbs heavier, but the heavier one has a recorded 5.9 0-60 and the lighter has a 6.1? It's not a very big difference but one is faster than the MS3 and one is slower lel.

The coupe is about 80lbs lighter than the 4dr. It's a midsize while the Mazda3 is a compact.

But i mean both are listed as "coupe" they just have different styling, IE has a grille with horizontal lines across it and the other has mesh. I know the JDM/USDM styling was different so I'm wondering if the faster one was JDM only.

The source you're using is wrong or the higher trim is heavier (fog lights, leather, navigation etc all add weight)

Also one might be the automatic and one might be manual, manual should be lighter.

>financing 5-7k
Just wait poorfag. Pay cash for an F-body. Stop pretending you need 4 doors.

>Implying I couldn't outright buy a car up to 15k and be fine on personal finances
As I said, I need to build credit and my card isn't getting enough use, as I have very few expenses. (1 meal a day, 20$ gas every 5 days, 2 packs of cigs a day)
the rest goes towards paying bills then into savings, but I've found out that means jack shit without a credit rating when I tried to upgrade to a better house. So here I am financing cheap fun vehicles to build credit.
How's your day been? Will you bother to read this like you didn't bother to read the OP?

I built a 800 credit score just by using my CC without financing a car. You don't need to throw away money and create stress to get good credit. I actually have a 2010 accord and I financed it for 3 months then paid it off completely for credit recently (paying it sooner than 3 months causes a penalty, at least here anyway), but I definitely wouldn't do longer than that.

They'll force you to pay for warranty and shit if you finance so add another 1k to the bill.

I'm glad -you- did user, but if you haven't noticed, I've stated now (for the third time) that I already -have- a credit card and it is -not- building my credit very well due to it -not- being often used.
>warranty
Not every credit union forces that, mine didn't have it in the terms
>3 months
That's why I'm putting 5k down on it immediately cupcake, I can pay it off double or even triple a month and not breach that, and if something comes up I can fall back and pay my minimum monthly payment. Car gets payed off, I thrash it to shit.
Win/win. I get to have fun, I also get one step closer to moving to a nicer house.

10k is shit for a fun car. 20k would be better.

This... you really open up a lot of options. Anything MY 2010+ and ~$10k Isn't likely to be fun unless you buy some maintenance basket case, super high miles, or salvage titled car.

2007-2011 civic SI sedan also pretty much checks all those boxes, if you want another option. No turbo to worry about, but that also means it's harder to get more power if you want it.

FiST

Just get the new 2017 si when it comes out.
should do 0-60 in under 6 secs, and have heated seats, moonroof, comfy seats, decent fuel econ, and 4 door practicality.
dump your current dd and just get the new si. best of both world and wont need to care for, pay for, and store two cars

>dump your current DD for something you have no interest in