/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1025

Elves did nothing wrong Edition

Previous: News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (IT WILL HAVE WAIFUS EVENTUALLY)
>Tyranny is out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (Crowdfunding ONLINE)

Sales:
DA:I Goty Edition 19.99$ (Origin PC & Playstation Store)

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Breaking with Divine Leliana and persuing Lieutenant Cora

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to feel the change!
youtube.com/watch?v=7AdZTBtzA4I

Friendly reminder that Andromeda is nigh..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GG5JmqIVGHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Miranda...

2nd for I pre-ordered Mass Effect Andromeda.

Holy hell I didn't realize it was new bread time already

Meredith did nothing wrong.

I had some personal things I liked about DA2 but it was horrendous on any objective scale
I disagree, I'd say:
DAI ~ DAO >>>DA2

See, while DAO didnt' have the wide open spaces of DAI, it knew how big it wanted spaces to feel and packed them with a fair amount of content that was meaningful and well conceived. Resources for potions or bits of loot seemed intentional to the motif or story that a space was trying to convey.
Its character abilities typically had some bearing in the lore and they functioned about how you'd expect given their history. Combat was pretty typical CRPG so I didn't expect my blood to be pounding.

DAI's big issue in terms of its actual gameplay is that it goes for two wings without accomplishing either. Its combat is neither responsive nor substantial-feeling enough to pass for action-combat (which DA2 did okay with, despite being animu), but that same lack of response and the attempts to make combat faster and streamlined rid it of the depth needed for it to be an okay CRPG.

ME2 >> ME3 > ME1
I put ME2 above since it had solid gameplay (with pretty solid zone design in my opinion) with solid writing that worked well together. The explanation behind what characters could do, how powers worked with the lore and how the Reapers were still somewhat mysterious

tl;dr: I'm still salty Tyranny (aka, Hellsing the video game) isn't getting an expansion or sequel

Best husbando coming through.

Who are you user? Do you ever actively post?

I don't get the appeal of garrus.
Maybe it's cause I'm a guy but I didn't even like him that much as a friendo.

also, respostan my sick critique
Not rushed, just poorly executed and lazily conceived.

Like, DA:I we were promised entire systems that weren't included. Like not just certain missions or areas, entire mechanics were cut and they weren't cut for graphical intensity that the 360 would have been able to handle.

I mean we get to build our base a bit but it has effectively no outcome on anything other than some cosmetics. No one comments on them, they don't affect any meaningful mechanics. Why include that if they were intended to be cosmetic from the very beginning?

You can explore and establish outposts and forts but there's both fewer than suggested in the previews for Inquisition and they serve way less of a purpose than advertised.

Garrus is a tryhard bro archetype, dull as fuck. People only like him because he's nonhuman.

I shitpost.

It's his voice, the fact the looks up to you and admires you to the point of trying his hardest to be like you. Even though he fucks up being Shepard 2.0 he sees that Shepard either doesn't give two shits that he's a fuckup or wants him to forget his fuckups and move on. He then stays stuck to your side and watches your back like a loving hawk.

I would have loved to have a Batarian terrorist over Garrus. Or some Volus super-jew who is only able to go onto the battlefield in a trillion-credit mech suit.

Like this is why I thought ME2 was so much better, you had characters (even the returning ones) with better character arcs and more well conceived psyches.

Like Garrus is explicitly being a Shepord donut steel in ME2, whereas he acts like he's a real nigga in ME1 and 3.

I'll get Andromeda when I can lead-on and friendzone characters. There should be 4 romance states for every character: Romance, Rivalmance, friendzone them and broke up.

This app was a really interesting bit for ME3. It's one of the reasons I liked it so much and forgave a lot of its shortcomings, the game had a solid hub world and had enough character-interactions that it felt pretty fresh most times I picked it up.

The characterization and interactions in ME3 are.......tied for first with ME2, I'd say.

He and Varric are very similar, they're both characters the writers try to force in the "best bro"/bff role, so whenever the PC interacts with them, they act super chummy even if you barely ever talk to them or take them anywhere

Except Varric often acts as the deus ex in the story while Garrus just follows.

>When DA: I came out, I did this same thing, where I shared with a few people in a private message and everything that she shared (including the including of "with great respect" line and the inclusion of real nudity) were accurate, so I'm totally confident that what she shared with me is accurate again. I only asked her about romance/sex information for now, but I can probably get more information later. Many of you might remember this from back then.

>So here's what she saw for romances:

>She saw three different scenes. There was a male/female scene, a female/female scene, and a male/male scene. Default Scott/Sara were used in all of the scenes. There were two LI's shown.

>The male-female scene and the female/female scene both were with Pee Bee. She first described her as a "sexy blue alien lady" but then I showed her a picture of Pee Bee and she said that it was definitely her because she recognized the distinctive black eye stripe. In these scenes, there was nudity (breasts and butt for both Pee Bee and Sara and butt only with Scott).

>The male-male scene was with a human male. She described him as "brownish, but not black -- maybe latino or arabic -- face scruff, a high and tight haircut, and an average body". There was no nudity in this scene. There's romance dialogue, a fade-to-black, and then they wake up in bed shirtless together (so kind of like the Kaidan scenes in ME3, I'd guess). I described Liam to her (british accent, black guy, "cool hair") and she said it was definitely not him. Not sure who this guy is, but I feel pretty sure that he's not Liam. I've been speculating that it might be Reyes?

Andruil is a man.

Andruil is Sera

Why don't you respect xir gender identity, you transphobic, cis piece of racist shit?

You guys were wrong, DA2 is really comfy. Much better than DA:O. Combat is quicker and more responsive, story is less tryhard epic shit and more down to earth, Kirkwall is pretty cool, the game has an actual art direction, Gamlen a cute... Why do people not like this game again?

>Jaal, bi romance for Scott and Sara (no nudity for Scott scenes)
>Reyes, gay romance for Scott (some partially nudity)

Just keep playing and you'll see yourself why it's considered bad. First few hours of DA2 are very good.

If you're first coming into the series with DA2 I can see why you (general you) might like it the best, but a lot of people who hate it had been with the series since DAO first came out. They had to go from the Warden's epic adventure to Hawke's, which mostly consisted of them being shat on by fate.

>straight romance has more male nudity than gay romance
sounds dumb enough to be true

I have 200 hours put into DA2

Imo Varric was tolerable in DA2 but was completely useless in DAI. He was only there to introduce Hawke and have one good scene with the Wicked Grace bit

DA2 has some good points but it's also got some absolutely atrocious parts.

Pros:
>Non linear story
>Kirkwall feels like a real home that people live in (at least compared to towns in DAI and DAO)
>Wide range of relationships that can be built with other characters
>All characters aren't just world-building pillars for various factions, they mostly exist outside of the mainstream cultural veins (surface dwarf, blood mage, slave, pirate, fucking abominations, qt priest fembois)
>Solid action combat tbqh

Cons
>Textures and graphics are bad for the generation compared to even Mass Effect 1
>Re used assets out the wazoo
>lack of feeling of control over final outcome

I liked it a lot. If I had to pick which DA game I would actually replay for enjoyment, it'd be DA2.

Isabela was a fun waifu to emotionally torture.
>Isabela...you will always be...
>my friend

I kinda want to buy Inq on origin since I finally built a semi-decent PC but I already have the GOTY version on PS4 and have almost finished my 2nd playthrough. Give me advice /dag/ pls

i love sera 2bh!

Doesn't surprise me, ME's always been a wee bit behind on the gay shit compared to DA.

Did you enjoy DAI's gameplay? Are there story routes that you particularly think will be interesting?

For its length and the lack of significance your choices make in Inq, I'd say just save your dosh and save for Tides of Numenera or Tyranny or some actually good RPG.

Titanfall 2 might still be on sale, that's pretty good and it's got some top tier praise-givers

Honestly I think I preferred DA2's combat, though I think I just prefer pressing a button for every attack instead of holding it down. And considering Tyranny's on my wishlist and I still have Shadowrun HK to play I think you're probably right. Thanks user.

>Cora's probably straight
Oh boy it's gonna be the Cass reveal all over again

I actually came to DA2 straight from DA:O's expansion.
Alright, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up yet but it feels like I've stumbled upon a hidden gem.

I'm not that user, but I also really liked DA2's smaller scale story, made me care way more about the characters and the city, even if it did look like crap. I also liked the party members and the banter between them as well.

Almost all my friends I've introduced to DA have liked DA2 over DAO, so don't feel weird if you still prefer it in the end.

Tyranny is probably my favorite RPG of the past 5 years, maybe even past that.
It's got 4 unique endings and character writing that isn't trite and predictable.
It's also got some interesting thinkan material if you've watched Hellsing Ultimate ever

I'd even say combat is in Tyranny is better than DAO and DAI, if you slogged through those before

she's wearing a latex jumpsuit, she is not meant for wlw

Shadowrun is a great series

Well, you can also do night-guard as a militia by taking out gangs in each chapter. The tasks you do actually make sense for you to since you're part of the community.
Each chapter has a more focused set of themes and story threads since each chapter has a self-contained climax, but they logically lead up to the Mage-Templar War when you follow them chronologically (incidentally, that's the whole point of Cassandra interrogating Varric).

Plus, I though the friendship/Rival system was more interesting than the "If they hate you, they'll stop talking to you" system in DAO and DAI.

Funnily enough, it's thanks to a lot of people on /dag/ that I want to play Tyranny so badly. I'm just waiting for it to go on sale then I'm going to pick it up.

Yeah I agree, I just finished Dragonfall and loved it. I'm really looking forward to HK, though I still need to go back and play Returns

Are you new to the DA series? Have you been on /dag/ before? Have you played DAI yet?

I am just curious user.

>want to play Tyranny but have a shitty laptop
life is hard

Returns is the least good one. Dragonfall > HK > Returns
I still liked all of them though

Rivalmances rocked cause of the sheer amount of hatefucking you could do. The idea of Hawke and the significant other just beating each other sensless as they were being pounded into the pavement is just erotic.

Yeah the friendship/rival thing was really interesting, though I don't think I ever got anyone to go full rival. I think some of it carried over to DAI for example with Cass if her disapproval goes low enough you get that scene where's she's drunk and shouts at you which was kinda cool. I don't know how much further than that it goes however i.e I don't know if she leaves after that point or sticks around and is unhappy about it.

Me2

Yeah that's the general consensus I'm reading around the web. Though if I enjoy HK anywhere near as much as Dragonfall I'll just want to play more shadowrun so I'll probably play Returns at that point.

Dragonfall was great, HK was okay. Returns was sort of an okay intro to the series since it has the same essential mechanics but the least content. Also the shittiest city.
Still, it was okay. It's a lite rpg. Not too much plot divergence at any given time, enough relevance in your stats for a 10-12 hour game to feel like you are making real decisions. etc, etc.

Id like for a shadowrun game to have more non-combat gameplay bits for the various sub-groups
>Interact with your totem spirit regularly out of battle like any other teammate
>Check diagnostics and wiring in your augments
>Surf the internet in an extended way with your brainjack
>take care of your weaponry
>Manipulate magical focal points to optimize spells, outside of combat
>explore the astral plane more

I was in that position user, I feel your pain.

I got Anders to full rival and by the time he goes full akbar, he's clearly admitting that he's in a lot of pain. He tells you that he's been starting to black out as Justice starts a more and more hostile take over and begs you to end his life.

The great thing about DA2 is that it simulated real relationships more accurately than the Kirito-Player Character we get in most Bioware RPGs. In real relationships, you end up changing a bit, as does the other person.

ignore pic related, just my dream template for a bioware protag in the future

how...how shitty are we talking? It's not that hard to run, I ran it semi-well on my macbook's gpu

What I meant was I had a laptop that I used to use for pc games then I built one. I should've been more specific. :/ Idk how well my laptop could run tyranny tho, I haven't played it yet.

great concept

too bad all the DA2 lis are garbage

They may be garbage but it makes it all the easier to enjoy very violent rivalmances with them.

Wow, I actually like that idea of anders way better than the whole "I want to be a martyr" holier than thou thing he had going on if you got full approval. I'll have to try it if I ever get back to playing through this series.

you have top tier taste user

I really liked Isabela

I can't format for shit :(

and broken logic chains. In the world of Dragon age 2 those poor oppressed Mages that eat puppies and kill your kids so a Demon will help them throw a curve ball better, we need to help them. "What? No, the Templars are unjustified let me admit everything that happen to you and everyone here is my fault and become Nyarlathotep from Blood magic I never use." I was laughing so hard at the sheer volume of stupid. That said, the game is a great test to see if some one is guided by emotions or logic because the only way to sympathies with the mages is to focus on their oppression and how cute they all look while ignoring all the death and destruction they do on what seems like a daily level.

>Non linear story
where the hell is that? It's one of the most on the rail games Bioware has made.
>Solid action combat tbqh
I need to know the bar because there have been a lot better but I feel you are coming from some specific stance.

To be fair the Orsino thing really was out of Bioware's hands because EA wanted another boss for the mage route. That said, they could have handled it better.

I doubt that was an issue and a EA thing. There could have been a dozen ways to make that same boss fight happen(with the monster even not being Orsino) with out doing a 1 for 1 in both play choices and making him the main reason Hawk's life went to shit.

I actually do too, especially rivaled

Non-linear is the wrong word.
Nontraditional and more Slice of Life-oriented is more what I meant.

I've played DMC3 and 4 and Bayonetta. I'm not saying DA2 is great but it's serviceable in the same way that ME2-3's gunplay was pretty solid.

It's why DAI is such a disappointment, not even the combat was as good as either of its prequels.

Lets make a character, user

>Non linear story

>you are force to follow all the story points before you can progress a year
>everything you do leads to the same outcomes

The guard captain's romance was the only thing that had any sense of differences and that demanded you just didn't do anything. All the other followers have the same outcomes and still are romanceable. Wait I'll add one I forgot, you can sell the elf back to slavery. But that's it, everyone's play thought is the same short what mood they took with it. It wasn't like Dragon Age: Origins where you could really fuck up the world depending on both actions and what you did first verse later.

how can people play crpgs without voice acting? I would much rather read a story book

how can people play crpgs with voice acting? I would much rather listen to a radio drama or watch a movie

>pigfaced

are you homosex? sera is GORGEOUS.

Thread is dead user..

ah~!

>tfw no drunk comfort sex with aunt Cora
>trying to satisfy her carnal desires while daddy is asleep in the next room over

>tfw no drunk comfort sex with daddy
>trying to satisfy his carnal desires while aunt Cora is asleep in the next room over

No, it’s not the lighting.
No, it’s not sunburn.
It’s not the screenshot you chose, a weird angle, or a filter.
No excuses, no whitewashing.
This has been a PSA

>tfw no drunk comfort sex with daddy
>trying to satisfy his carnal desires while aunt Cora is asleep in the next room over

Cora wearing progressively tighter outfits because Peebee's youthful looks make her insecure.
Cora becoming embarrassed after you start undressing her and discover she's been wearing shapewear all along.

>Fenrys and "fave" in the same phrase
lol!

Daddy asking you to help him take off his armor...

Replaying Inquisition after a long while, and I noticed something kind of weird. Mainly, after you complete the mages/redcliffe mission when you go back in time, Alexius just immediately gives up when you jump out of the portal, why is that? I mean, Dorian says that it's only the two of you who get pulled through time, so why is Alexius seemingly aware of what happened?

To him, and everyone else in the room, you likely just blipped in and out of existence, so is there something I missed that allowed Alexius to see the future too?

C9Sneaky

He saw you and Dorian escape his most powerful time magic through the portal. What else he could do to stop the Inquisitor?

Alexius is not a bad guy, he only wanted to help his son and Corypheus showed him the way..

Forgot to mention, the Inquisition soldiers killed all his Venatori guards. No way he could fight back.

I imagine what happened, like what everyone else saw was: he sent you and Dorian into the past, but then you and him reappear just a few seconds later. He knows the one trick he had has failed so he gives up.

He was just an old man trying to save his dying son, the time gimmick was the only thing he had to use against you. Plus Corypheus was just using him anyway.

Broken elbows...

So is the bad future in DA:I still real and exists as a separate timeline or did it get erased the moment you defeated [Ancient Evil]?

Mr. Elbows is emotionally broke, yes......

Only "our" timeline matters. The other timelines, the other versions of us... they're disposable if necessary.

qt Josh.
youtube.com/watch?v=GG5JmqIVGHU

>Mr.
>.
Excuse me, that's wrong.

whoops!

I was going to make an agender joke but I don't know if there's a neutral version of mr/ms

Ser Elbows.

xher elbows?

Everything exists...everything happens user.

what the fuck

how is so attractive

qt glasses

>Morrigan starting to resent Kieran because nobody wants to marry a single mother

The warden is alive though and if that changed then she would just move on to kieran