G37 vs S4

Considering to replace my IS350...
>Infiniti G37
>Audi S4 (B8)

Which is the better upgrade?

S4 but the wagon.

Do they have B8 wagon in the states? I thought that was only with the 4.2.

Are you a brown person?

Caucasian as fuck, sir. Will I get car-jacked driving the Infiniti?

To be honest I don't think so, same as NADM has no A5 sportback.

Personally I'd go with the S4, it has better aftermarket support, IMO the interior is more comfortable, and the quattro AWD system is the best for snow short of a proper locking center diff and axles, if you need to worry about that.

Just this Monday at my work I drove an A4 out of a plowed in snowbank but couldn't get 325xi out of the same bank.

G37 with a manual.

>upgrade
Another IS m80

Some questions:

>Audi S4
How is the manual transmission on these? Seems many people actually recommend going with the 7-speed S-Tronic. Word is it's very snappy...

Is it completely retarded to own one outside of warranty?

>Infiniti G37
I would only consider manual with this one... But still, how is it?

How is the 3.7 engine compared to the old 3.5? Seems like many auto journalists complain how course and unrefined it gets at high RPM's.

Are Infiniti interiors really that bad? Seems like every used G35 has the driver's seat leather tearing. Hoping G37 is an improvement...

The competition will still be slower compared to what you got you fucking stupid moron

Wish, but I'm not fond of the 3rd gen's predator grill. IS-F would be nice, but still too pricey on the used market.

Neither

>get an S3

It's a very quick car for sure... Just lacking in some other key areas. Who exactly am I supposed to be competing against?

These are cool little cars. Not sure how I feel about the styling.

They're annoying. not bad per se, just weird little things.
No headroom if you're 6ft or up. Roofline drops too much at the door and you often crack your head on it. No rear seat room. Cupholders are in a bad place and you have to tilt your coffee over to get the cup in and out. Dead pedal is on an odd angle and will cause you ankle pain after a while.

It's a fun car for driving on weekends or in short bursts, but it would be hard to live with.

>just weird little things
Yeah. Probably fun to drive, but just looks a little dorky to me.

So rule out the G37 because it's a cunt hair slower to 60? Seems reasonable.

Sucks cause they're as big as the a4s used to be (they've been creeping up in size and are as big now as the a6s used to be), and the new rs3 has the best engine Audi makes. I'd totally go for a used rs3 in a few years but I just can't get over the girly circle hair dryer vents and round yet pointy styling. It's trying too hard IMO and will take some serious getting used to.

I'm sure today's Mini Cooper is larger than a '89 Honda Accord lol

>quattro AWD system is the best for snow short of a proper locking center diff and axles, if you need to worry about that.

I'm outside of DC.

Last winter we got fucking 3 feet of snow. Now it's nearly March and I'm still waiting for anything more than a light dusting. Needless to say, it's a bit unpredictable for us.

G37 looks like ass.

Keep the 350 or go for the S4 OP

>Are Infiniti interiors really that bad?
Yes. Their leather and interior plastics are not to the standards of Lexus.

One flaw of G-series
Drive by wire accelerator lag, owned a G35 and wasn't happy with full throttle the first few seconds
I'm pretty sure Infiniti hasn't fixed it in the Q-series either

>lol nissan

If you want a car that is more sporty and a lot more fun than your lexus was at the expense of some comfort then go for the G37. Get the 6MT. If you want something more comfortable but further from sporty then look at the S4. The G will obviously be a shit ton more reliable and far cheaper to maintain.

I bought a G37 IPL from an Audi dealer and the salesman was giddy on the test drive. Said he loved the shit out of his S5 but it was nowhere near as fun as even riding in the G.

Might as well get a Golf R at that point, they're the same thing.

The VQ37 is a huge improvement over the VQ35. I had an altima se-r prior to my IPL G and can agree that the 37 is much smoother and likes higher rpm much more. Remember they make 80% of peak tq at 3k rpm and rev to over 7k so you don't even need to see high rpm unless you want to.

My cousin had a IS350. The interior is more refined and comfortable than the G, softer. I haven't had any issues with the interior on my car, seats are holding up fine.

C class coupe

The s4 obviously... The g 37 is still a Nissan lol. Crummy interior, shit engine, the s4 is built better. Avoid the early b8 for it's oil consumption. Try to get a b8.5

>an overpriced VW with extra leather or an overpriced Nissan with extra leather
You really couldn't waste more money if you tried.

>Avoid the early b8 for it's oil consumption. Try to get a b8.5
Ugh. This is annoying because I prefer how the B8 looks.

I don't understand this mentality. It's a waste of money simply because a cheaper brand exists under it?

No, because there are better alternatives.
Lexus, BMW, Mercedes. Hell, even Cadillac if you want fun.

But you seemed to take issue with it existing alongside Nissan and VW. That was your initial argument for it being overpriced.

Why do you not take issue with Lexus and Cadillac? They're overpriced Toyota/Chevy, right?

You're paying Merc/BMW/Lexus/Cadillac money for literal VW/Nissan parts.

I'm not I bought a 10 year old A8 and just use VW parts for repairs. Feels good being smart.

Who the fuck are you? Get out of our argument.