What does Veeky Forums think of the brz?

what does Veeky Forums think of the brz?

Better than the frs

Shitty car for shitty people

Missing 40-50hp and 30ft/lbs

it's a poorfag triggering godmachine

Slow, heavy, dogshit interior, generic and forgettable styling overall, hilarious depreciation in every market outside of the US due to superior alternatives.

It's basically the perfect faux sports car for faggots who care more about appearance than performance.

The FRS and GT86 is a car for fuccbois who want to look fast.

The BRZ is a sports car for the refined gentlemen that drives as a hobby but isn't shackled by cars of his youth and looks forward instead of to the past

A good car to learn how to drift in a FR for beginners

It's babby's first sports car.

It looks sporty and handles well, but doesn't have nearly enough power so it's safe.

My friend has one and justifies it and claims he isn't into cars the same way I am, but you can nearly hear the regret in his voice.

I've talked him into modding and hanging out on the brz forums so I think once the modding bug bites him it will be tolerable.

Just sad that you have to dump $3000 into an $18000 car to make it what it should already be.

The affordable sports car we needed, but not the one we deserved based on the average busrider'a perception of it. Planning on picking up one with a blown engine in a few years when they're nice and cheap.

Good chassis, great handling, thats about it. slow and pretty basic.

Good platform for engine swaps though, tons of aftermarket for that

its a fantastic car.
Might get it and mod it for time attack

It was so close, but it really needed to be around 230hp/200tq range and have smoother power curves. The way it behaves through the rev range is atrocious. I've driven the manual and auto, I care for neither. It feels like my girlfriend's Corolla s.

tune it. its literally a car designed for the aftermarket

That's the thing though, you shouldn't HAVE to tune a car that is clearly designed with sport in mind to make it just tolerable with the lacking power it has. Especially not for the $25,000 msrp they are asking for.

I found Subaruwrxfan in the Wendy's drive thru and beat him with a wrench until he shit blood. Similar scene after my 9th cup of coffee in the AM.

>18000 car
Where? All the ones I see are 25k+, and even some of those have salvage titles.

Seriously I see some for 15k-19k the cheaper ones are almost always automatics though.

Joint holder of the most car of the year awards ever with the GT86, second slowest deprecating sportscar on the market after the GT86. Triggers Veeky Forums's snowflakes who can't afford one. So get one.

Is this new and in Canada??? a super low mileage in my area usually is 20k

Then why does it have a 12:1 compression ratio?

A good chassis with an engine that was doomed to be hated from the get go, toyota wanted a High revving N/a engine and went to subaru, a company that makes a normal revving engine and has a turbo on it.
It honestly should have had the N/A 2.5 liter in there or the wrx engine, or even had put a supercharger on there, fixed the dip and no one would be complaining.
It's an entry level sports car, there has to be sacrifices, but stock power shouldn't be one of them.
I like the car, but it needs to be modded for me to have fun.

this
/thread

Doesn't understand the difference between dynamic and static CRs.

But it's the same car

Spanish user here. It is cheaper than GT86 since the Subaru doesn't have an excessive amount of accesories like the GT86 and therefore is a little bit lighter than the GT86. Also the Subaru looks prettier than the GT86 for me. And the thing I really like about the BRZ is that for 2k euros more (same price as stock GT86) you have full leather interiors while the Toyota only have a more expensive version with automatic transmission (who would want to pay 2k more for an automatic car?).

how the fuck did he manage to get it to look so wide in this picture, without even throwing on fender flares and larger tires. my head is full of fuck right now.

>een dynamic and static CRs.
>>>
> Anonymous 02/17/17(Fri)03:09:43 No.16681904▶
>
>But it's the same car
WRONG

god tier chassis, shit tier engine

Needs a tarbo

Does it have at least a super/turbo? What's the point of making it look fast if you ain't gonna make it fast?

Okay if you wanna mod it.

Gonna be a decent catch in like 10 years when it's price goes down.

It should've been AWD with a tarbo (a fucking subaru after all), whereas the GT86 could remain as the n/a RWD variant.

Got a Red BRZ in Canada with 40k on the clock for 20k$

>a red Subaru
kys

>what does Veeky Forums think of the brz?

This here is a problem. People think about car things they should not be thinking. People make it to be something it is not. It is not a bad car but people see something that isn't there and they get mad because of it.

First of all, let me say that I am old school subaru driver (not memer or ricer) and if car sales were driven by just what people think, toyotabaru wouldn't be there. Nor any Subaru for that matter. But some manufacturers offer something more than generic plasticky FF shitbox with downsized turbocharged 3cylinder with power of lawnmover and pricetag of small appartment.

Think about this - Toyota wanted to make a successor to very popular hachi-roku. That car was ugly as sin, underpowered but fairly light, easy and fun to drive. It wasn't very powerful compared to other sports car of its perior but it was cheaper and thus became more plentiful. Over the years people used to tinker with them and improve them because they saw potential and it wasn't going to make them bankrupt - it was making them happier. Toyota saw potential because with the exception of Miata, there is no lightweight two-door FR car with affordable price tag (Talking brand new cars only). They did it. They did not recreate it, they just got inspired by heritage of small, sporty, underpowered car that was FUN to drive because you drove it - instead of modern cars where you engage launch control, switch ESP modes, blip paddle-shifters and turn a wheel connected to variable ratio electric power steering...

1/2

>implying Blue looks better

"No"

Blue does look better and is the best color for a Subie. Don't be a Mitsupleb who uses the red color.

Well I prefer the red on a BRZ.

2/2

In my opinion if Toyota did this alone, with some I4 engine and marketed this as their own car, it would become cult.

Unfortunatelly because they own shares of Subaru they decided to invite them to this project and let them do some technical development and build it in the end (yes, all are built by Subaru, none by Toyota...). And that was a mistake. Putting that badge of Subaru on front of it and selling it as sports car made people believe that this must be new STi. Because sporty subaru is that rally car, right bro? 300 hp in stock, massive acceleration, tune it up, do your stage tunes or whatever ppl say and pay for, be a hero because your STi suddenly smokes all them expensive cars from line, yo...

People did not get the memo. They got meme. They laught because it comes with skinny tires. They laught because it comes with 200hp 2 liter NA boxer. Couple years ago they were getting boners when they saw Civic typeR which accidentally had 200hp NA 4 banger, but now when you get same performance in FR package suddenly it is not enough and it is shit. Like, yeah, there are so many other small FR cars with the same pricetag that have more HP... like.. ehm.. none...

Stop thinking of it as an STi wannabe car. Think of it as a good car that YOU can make better. Parts are already there so what stops you from fiddling with it? You would anyway... because that is what ppl do. Buy car, change stereo, put on wider tires, boost power... you would do that any car you buy.. thing is, with BRZ, you still have enough money left once you buy it.

Peace

Fair enough.

It's such a nice red.

I prefer dbz

You get red for Toyota and blue for BRZ. Stop being retarded.

No u

What this guy said

>red for toyota
I think you meant orange.

Red is for faggots and for Mitsubishi, you cuck.

Blasphemy

why should i buy this instead of an mx-5

Do you want a solid roof or not? Do you like roll-over protection of at least some sort or is your head hard enough? Like insects, cigarette butts, washer fluid and whatnot from the car in front of you in your face? Are you a hairdresser? Are you ready to have 40hp less - in case you go with the more powerful miata?

should have been
Subaru
>boxer engine
>MAYBE 4wd version
>sti version

Toyota
>high revving i4/v6
>less powerful
>less equipment so lighter
>lower price

should have been more of a platform for the manufcturers to do their own thing with, rather than just a generic rebadge job.

still could be worse i guess, at least its not a convertable like the mx5. plus with how much people lease new cars now they will be flooding the used car market in 5-10 years

miata has body roll from hell, brz feels more planted on the road.

I've been saying this forever.

This car should've been the new Celica. It fucking even looks like one.
>BRZ becomes the GT-Four turbo boxer AWD variant
>GT86 becomes the cheapshit i4 FWD
>FRS becomes the i6 RWD

Their fanbase is second worst to these fags.

>20k for a slow car with 40k boi racer hoon miles
Oh boy... What a steal

Heres my issue. I would completely agree with everything you said, however, the car is simply too expensive. You are not getting the bang for your buck with this car in any way shape or form. You could buy like 10 na miatas for the price of a new brz and youd end up with 10 faster and more fun cars.

i6 would just make it a small supra, 2.5 v6 or something would probably be better for its price and size

>GT86 becomes the cheapshit i4 FWD
>FWD
no

using that logic buying any new car is pointless, for the price of any new car you can buy loads of old ones. if you are going to compare it to a miata compare it to an ND, which are around the same price. the miata is only about 2k more expensive than the gt86 (base 2.0 miata to base gt86, both new), but the gt86 has about 40bhp more. by that logic the 2.0 miata is also shit value, as the 18k 1.5 that has about 30bhp less is about 3k cheaper. thing is though, these things are gonna start getting pretty cheap used soon, as people who leased them will trade them in, so the used market will be full of these things, driving the prices down. hell, they are starting to hit 10k used for a manual where I live

Red BRZs will be rarest color for sure, I personally like the color regardless of what its on.
WRB is pleb tier for the BRZ, White is a far better choice.

Although its a tough choice between Dark Grey and (new) Red for the current model for me.