/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread >/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/27/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

taichinchin.tumblr.com/post/156478987476/new-danganronpa-v3-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know what would be nice? A goddamned announcement on when this game is going to have a translation.

Fair enough to exclude that for the time being, though we do still have the prologue as reasonably reliable info about what happened:

1) Kaede mentions being kidnapped, this likely happened to everyone else too seeing how even Angie appears quite uneasy. She also mentions a corrupted world

2) They seem to have some recognition of Monokuma, but this doesn't disprove whether DR1 and DR2 are fiction

3) However, none of them look happy to be there. This greatly disproves them being fans of Dangan Ronpa, the killing game series but not necessarily of Dangan Ronpa the video game/anime etc. (Although again, isn't Ouma the only one who keeps saying stuff about things from those games?)

4) Even with most of them having just a few lines, all seem to show consistency with their overall personality post-prologue. This again calls into serious doubt the authenticity of the audition videos, especially as she should be able to show something regarding Ouma

I don't know man, it'd also be nice if Kodaka could drop hints about what that thing we're supposed to see in the prologue that we didn't notice before is since I've seen a lot of things there.

Which V3 girl do you want to fuck the most and why?

Because of her love hotel lines

If we assume Ouma isn't actually that smart as a normie, this picture is the literal definition of how artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

(Also I found it hilarious)

Amami was wasted potential. The SHSL survivor would have been an interesting character concept to have with you for the game.

Think about it. You have this nice, affable guy who says he doesn't remember his talent, and you're given no reason to disbelieve him. He's smart, helps you out in trials, is always pleasant and supportive, and is vocally against the game itself as well as anyone trying to cause chaos or despair.

But in the end, he's never cared about you or anyone in the game. Every single one of his actions was calculated to increase his chances of survival, including your friendship and his helpfulness. He has the experience. He knows that the assumption of harmony and peace during a killing game is bullshit. He's willing to do whatever it is to win without remorse or fear holding him back. The moment it becomes advantageous, he will backstab you, murder, manipulate or otherwise fuck with anyone and everyone in calculated ways to stay alive.

He'd be Komaeda or Ouma (without the zealotry of hope or assumption that despair would work as a strategy to win, respectively) in terms of being willing to do unthinkable or immoral things to stay alive or affect the game in ways he needs it to be. But he wouldn't have the obvious insanity nor would he remove himself from the group. He'd be tangled up with you as your friend and wouldn't backstab you obviously enough to make you turn on him. You can't paint him as an evil insane villain to ignore or cast out. He's been your friend this entire time.

DR has never had a friend be a true backstabber/game changer/madman before (Tsumugi is such wallpaper that you don't feel emotional investment in her, so her betrayal doesn't hurt). Both Komaeda and Ouma were far too crazy/villainous to have their betrayals and evil acts hurt you personally. Having one of the people who's helped you the entire game turn out to be a cold, emotionless son of a bitch that backstabs you when the opportunity arises would be pretty cool.

Indeed.

The problem is that in your scenario everyone is still aware of their real personalities and just have to adapt to new circumstances, but V3 states that they were different people back then, and even their pre-school memories are fake. Your scenario makes sense, the game's one doesn't, keeping in mind the stories of Amami, Ouma and Shinguuji.

What a fucking shit ending.

Oh well, I should have expected it. Kodaka's a fraud who can't write conclusions worth a fuck. No wonder why he just gave up with Hope's Peak story and told the anime people to finish the story for him. I bet it will be the same with V3.

Where does it say that? Are you just making things up or reading a shitty translation?

This, and her FTEs.

I'm an oumafag and I made that image.

I like him and he pulls off some good ruses but goddamn did he fuck up chapter 4 badly.

best male cast

Sleeping Hoshi is a CUTE! CUTE!

He was probably everything you described in V2.

I want to bully Ouma.

now i want to see how v1/v2 amami was like. from his video he came off as cold and ruthless saying it's the killing game he wanted and will do anything to win.

Come and try it, faggot.

This just doesn't fit Saihara. He's too beta.

EVERYONE HAND OVER YOUR MONEY, VALUABLES, CASE EVIDENCE, WAX STATUES AND EMP BOMBS BEFORE I START SHOOTING BITCHES

Delete this.

bullshit mang you just a lil nigga with a squirt gun

So from the love hotel delusions, how do you see things going down with the cast if they were in it together?

Nah, I think it would take until the third time around to get to ruthless son of a bitch level.

1st time: You don't know what you're doing. Survival is basically dumb luck and avoiding crazies.
2nd time: Ok, maybe you can do some things differently this time. Maybe the game can change and friendship/trust will protect you in the end
3rd time: Nope, it doesn't change, fuck morals and hope lmao

I'm not gay but... i'd fuck them

Also, if I had to pick someone to have made up all of these things assuming the mastermind did it, are we seriously supposed to believe Shirogane did it considering how much she screws up in chapter 6?

Now if you told me this whole thing was an experiment in how realistic you can make people act and that Ouma was the screenwriter that's somewhat believable but still a stretch since his skill was in turning your perceptions of him against yourself and he's clearly also aware of good writing conventions but not to the point of being able to pull off something this grand, it's when wallpaper-chan insists this is all fake that it all goes to hell because the whole set-up reads like the very worst parts of all the previous DR games put together and served on a broken platter.

Also, you're forgetting that DR1 already did this and proved that yes, you can mind-wipe people and make them kill each other, you don't have to add even more into the mix. They form cliques because they all hung out before and never truly forgot that part, and Saihara also mentions something about wanting to stand/die by his friends at one point regarding the 'fake' memories so if we assume this is true they were all very close friends and all their feelings weren't scripted at all.

hoshi is best boy and did not deserve what he got

Or something big could have happened his first time playing the game and his second time playing the game he came off more cold, calculating and ruthless as he came off in his video. Playing to win especially since he's aware of the 2 survivors limit meaning if Saihara was wrong on his speculation about people who sacrifice themselves have to come back for another game but instead flat out die, then he probably was the one who did the killing.

I want to hug Hoshi

Can't we have a single DR without BRAINWASH or FORGOTTEN MEMORIES bullshit?

Fuck sake, V3 was doing so good until that ending fucking ruined it.

Do you rike it?

It's established that the flashlights can plant memories, so 1, 2, and 3 are moot points. All of it can be explained with fiction.

>This again calls into serious doubt the authenticity of the audition videos, especially as she should be able to show something regarding Ouma
I don't know why you're dwelling so much on Ouma's audition. It's not like anyone asked for the video and she failed to produce it.

It wouldn't be Danganronpa if it didn't have its rehashed and recycled garbage and story telling.

Ending in a Fallout 2 intro style would have been perfect.

Don't care about lost memories, but rewritten personalities thing is sick. Why do we need the whole cast of Izurus?

>Fuck sake, V3 was doing so good until that ending
that's a weird thing to say considering how brainwash and amnesia is literally almost the first thing that happens

>chap 5
>I'm going to make a murder that the mastermind couldn't see at all
>I'm going to assume that the mastermind plays fair and have the trial be inconclusive
>even though the mastermind would have no incentive to make a fair trial if they don't know the murderer or the victim

Because generally speaking if you want your 'evidence' to look real to others you need to have solid backup instead of saying something and expecting people to lap it up.

Even if you don't count Ouma in, the audition videos themselves seem contrived as fuck considering what is said in the prologue and how you can observe the real Saihara, Kaede and Kaito acting so it's doubly suspicious that she has zero proof of anything she said about Ouma and that of them being brainwashed normies whose entire backstories were pure fabrications.

Obviously Saihara can't just call BS on that as it looks like their memory of the prologue was erased and both Kaede and Kaito are dead, but if every single thing Shirogane said is correct there's no reason why Kodaka would tell you to replay the prologue to see something you wouldn't have noticed before.

The answer he gave is perfect for his understanding of the situation: Even assuming everything is fake, it was real to them so they're not meaningless puppets.

>even though the mastermind has not played fair in literally the first goddamn trial

>The victim of this murder?
>Me

At this point I'm inclined to believe that Ouma is just suicidal and his refusal to kill extends to himself, so he chose the most needlessly complicated way to go.

Good choice, fellow bully! He indeed possess some potential.

While waiting for a complete analysis, I'll bully Saionji, of course. Also, I want to scold her to tears and throw her into pool. I want to take her gummies and eat them in front of her. Then I'll force-feed her with lemon-flavored gummies, palm after palm. I want to call her a stinky and take her panties so she has to going commando for the rest of the trip. I want to mock her inability to put her kimono by herself, so I'll strip her every once in a while, yelling what one day, she'll be glad to be able to dress up herself. Also, I'll take her kitty hairpins, making her long blonde hair cover her private parts. And when I'll give kimono back to her, I'll make sure to put Mr. Ants in every single pleat and Mr. Crab in her panties.

And when finally she snaps and try to bully me by any means possible, I'll spank her in front of everyone until she'll like it. And when she'll come to me, begging for another spanking, I'll mock her again, then spank her as if my life depends on it, laughing on her moans full of pleasure. Mere seconds before her climax, I'll throw her into pool once again, leaving her in her aroused state.

No one knew at that time.

Still, why would the mastermind play fair when they could force everyone to eliminate the next most dangerous student (Maki)?

Was it ever clarified that he figured out the mastermind cheated? His room clearly shows he never found the mastermind, and to his understanding Monokuma (Not necessarily the mastermind) has to play by the trial rules from what I've read.

A compliment from Bully-kun... I feel so honored. I must type up a complete bullypasta for Ouma at some point.

>I don't like to kill people
>except that bitch
>it was self-defense
>also gonta did it
>even though I manipulated him into doing it for my plan to save him by letting him escape
>gonta did it not me
>what the fuck am I doing

Fuck, Marry, Kill

Well, fellow colleague, for that, you need to know everything about your target.

Ouma's tastes, so you can bully his tongue. Ouma's character, so you can bully it by using a good approach. Ouma's midget/weakling status shall not be forgotten either!

There's much things to bully in him, so might be easy to write!

Bully Togami. bully Ouma, ignore Komaeda.

Fuck Ouma, Marry Byakuya, Kill Komaeda

Chapter 4 was very emotional, but also hilarious in how it showed Ouma that playing on Hard Mode and never running away is only an acceptable way of life when everyone around you aren't casuals.

>even though I manipulated him into doing it for my plan to save him by letting him escape
>gonta did it not me
Yeah, this is confusing.

Fuck Ouma for being best boy
Marry Togami for his money
Kill Komaeda for being a fuccboi

Good taste user

This, except killing Komaeda before his bad luck backlashes on me

Fuck Ouma to death
Kill Togami and Komaeda.

I'm of the belief that Ouma was intending to guilt trip Gonta into confessing the crime so that he can get away clean.

Then Gonta didn't remember.

WHOOPS.

taichinchin.tumblr.com/post/156478987476/new-danganronpa-v3-review

Spoiler-free review of NDRV3. Damn, 60 dollars for a game is pretty steep but it does sound worth it.

he was probably this in one his past killing games

I doubt it. All the decisive evidence of cheating surfaced after his death.

Here's how I see it.

He says Gonta is the culprit outright because this was an ass backwards method to show his innocence by using his own shitty reputation, liar status and everyone's willingness to trust Gonta in tandem with Gonta's own efforts at disproving that he's the culprit, but is thwarted by the fact that all of Gonta's memories of this plan are gone.

The reason he gets so angry while telling Gonta to defend himself is because that was the plan. He'd accuse Gonta, act like a murderer desperately trying to accuse everyone and anyone, and Gonta would back it up with his own lies/story.

>$60
>for a DR game

Only an autist would.

Yeah. He wouldn't have gone out the way he did if he knew it'd be pointless, and his actions there do seem to imply that besides the thing with Monokuma stumping the mastermind will force them to reveal themselves one way or another.

Another thing I'm curious about since Kaito's execution is similar to Jin's from the first game: Does TDR plan the other executions and Shirogane was only forced to make a copy execution because she was caught off-guard?

I think she's got executions patterns for everyone, so lots of executions were just a waste of money.

I don't think Gonta would want to do that.

He'll probably break down and confess that he ended Miu's life when he sees his "best" friend try to take the blame, the people he betrayed feverently trying to defend him, and his own horrible guilt. He's too much of a CINNAMON ROLL.

I know konjac comes up in Kirumi's FTEs, but what is its significance?
Does she hate it or something?

>CINNAMON ROLL
get out

>CINNAMON ROLL
Tumblr pls leave

I don't think we can say one way or another what the madman's plan really was without someone to give an accurate account.

What I heard was that Ouma had convinced Gonta to do this by saying it's better for all of them to die if the world outside is as hellish as the inside, so he'll take the fall for the murder Gonta really did and force a mistrial and Gonta agreed to it as he was that much of a cinnamon roll.

This isn't as retarded as it sounds since there's quite a few times where the cast does things like wanting to die with another friend, but it's Ouma so it's really hard to say.

>asskissing kodaka for """speaking boldly""" by fucking over the entire frachise and cucking the fans

Gonta was convinced, though. His VR avatar confirms as much when he's brought back at the end of the trial.

He was fully committed to winning the game with Ouma's help and letting everyone get executed because he believed it was the merciful thing to do. He was thrown into enough despair by the remembering flashlight to be convinced to do this.

I want tumblr to leave

The sequel to .

i love ouma and his wild ride

>Why is this working
Indeed. Fucking retards.

So, Ouma wanted everyone to die.
Why?

To clarify, I don't think Kodaka is speaking boldly or anything and neither is he fucking over the entire franchise, rather than some bold new direction that will somehow explain lol fiction, lol mindhacks and lol brainwashing (Seriously, one of these is bad enough but there's no recovering from all three of them) I feel he's actually pulling an Ouma on chapter 6 and that's one of the many reasons why there was no way he could survive past chapter 5.

After all the cases and so on you're supposed to be at least as much of a detective Saihara is (Since he's a self-insert, haha) and you're supposed to question the authenticity of everything Shirogane says. I mean, you had like 5 chapters of some asshole gleefully lying to you about things that you think are true because he already knows what you're thinking about and plays off your biases, and then he goes and offs himself in a way that forces you to drop your prejudices.

That's probably supposed to be a clue that Shirogane's style is to also play off your biases so she tells you all the things that will make you rage quit, except you're supposed to keep a cool head and call doubt on it.

(Even if I'm wrong cast interaction is still A+)

Because he discovered what "happened" before the imprisonment from the torchlight and decided "LOLOLOL LET'S GET EVERYONE KILLED BECAUSE MERCY ALSO FREE GONTA MAYBE LOL USO DA YO."

Wait, you're taichinchin?

It works because they already wanted a target to hate. People ask why Ouma didn't start trying to play villain sooner than chapter 4, and the reason is simply that up until then the group was harmonious enough and he was actually helping them enough that at minimum I'd expect Saihara to wonder about his abrupt change from disliking murders.

Seriously, go read about concepts like conformity and cognitive bias if you're fascinated about such things.

Why couldn't Kodaka make a shitty game with shitty cast so everybody could just ignore it. But no, he made extremely likable cast and then threw them into a volcano in chapt 6.

Nope. I don't know if the user who said that assumed my opinion was similar as his and posted this here in agreement with him, but there you go.

Dunno man, but would you say you believe that wallpaper-chan who's into incest can write that many good characters and control an absolute madman?

Yeah Chapter 5 was Ouma going full FUCK THIS IF I'M GOING TO DIE MIGHT AS WELL GO OUT TROLLING

>wallpaper-chan
>being able to plan anything

It's been what, two weeks since I named her that?

I'm not talking about wallpaper-chan, she's plain and totally sucks in masterminding. Also, I don't think she's the only one who wrote the characters, maybe just altered some of them to her tastes.

Yo guys, I know we're all lying about things here and there and Imma let you finish but I had the best uso da yo of ALL FUCKING TIME.

A few options.

1. uso da yo, he just wanted miu dead so he wouldn't die and needed a reason to get gonta to do it. possible, but a few things imply that this isn't the case.

2. Ouma's lost it after learning the "truth", but not in the I LOVE DESPAIR AND SUFFERING way that he goes into with his villain speech. Ouma's a good manipulator and keeps his cool in bad situations but knowing that everything he was doing + acting was pointless and for nothing probably pushed him over the edge. If you take his behavior just before Gonta's execution as a show of his real feelings (and thus why he needs to go overboard with the I LOVE DESPAIR speech afterward), there's a few lines in there which implies this was his intention. He wanted out and now there's no out to go to, so he says fuck it and lets the person he likes better over miu win the game. Literally everyone else was badly affected by the knowledge of the true state of the world and even if he's crafty, he isn't mentally strong enough to be totally immune from that.

Chapter 4/5 is basically Ouma trying to commit suicide in a way that accomplishes something in the way of flipping off the mastermind/game in general. Ouma probably fell into despair but not the kind he wanted everyone to think he had.

It also could all be DUDE USO DA YO LMAO

I don't think wallpaper-chan wrote the characters. TDR did, including herself. She literally was written into the role of mastermind.

He would've been an even better boy if he stuck around longer and the LMAO REALITY SHOW twist didn't render his character completely useless and filler, even more so than everyone else.

His voice is still god tier, though.

Are her FTE's translated. I want to see how blatant the foreshadowing is.

One of the things I find really sad about him is that he definitely did hate killings and murders and he probably did get badly broken trying to commit to his pacifist stance to the very end.

Everyone else had moral support in some way, and his villain speech at the end of chapter 4 falters a lot when Saihara rushes to Kaito and tells him that he's meant to be the kind of guy with no friends.

Saihara was one of the few people he was very interested in probably as he wanted him to see through his lies as well, and he likely spent time with Gonta in spite of him being stupid because he's extremely sincere, and in one fell swoop he lost all the friends he ever had and even had to lie about the tears he shed for Gonta.