Portfolios of Veeky Forums

Well it's almost the end of 2016.

How have your GAINZ been? Post your rates of return, let's see them.

This has been my first year investing and I'm pretty happy.

Good job, but how come you have basically a flat graph with two giant leaps in them? Seems a bit odd.

I invested my money in big chunks and was really cautious for a long time

That's why it's kind of weird (says 19.29% return but only $1940 gained)

Well it's good that you've started investing, and if I may recommend something it would be that you, in the future, invest monthly.

The specific method of investment doesn't matter, investing monthly (or dollar-cost averaging, in finance jargon) is generally a good method to eliminate some risk.

For example, if you invested one of those big chunks before a large drop in stock price, you'd probably feel pretty bad, especially if you're new to investing, and might pull out, which would be even worse.

I wouldn't pull out. But yeah that's the plan from now on. Invest as soon as possible that it is.

It's nice that you say that, but it's easier said than done. You've probably heard it a million times but you've yet to experience your first crash. Trust me, it will feel like the entire world is falling apart, and like the stock market will shut off in the next two weeks, and that it will be worse than the great depression and nothing and no one will make any money for fifty years!

Just remember the old adage, "nothing new under the sun".

Lol my portfolio dipped quite hard right as I invested but I just stayed the course

I get what you're saying but I don't feel this way

Not sure what dip you're talking about, I mean there was a very short 2-3 day dip at the end of June, but nothing else really.

I'm talking about weeks or months of decreasing value. Taking a loss that takes a good year to recoup.

idk why the graph looks so bad

Started with stocks on october 6th, basically around 7-8 weeks ago.

made 21,5% in 7-8 weeks equalling 11630€ bucks.

Mostly investing for my parents and I can keep 10% of the gains which is nice as an 18 year old student.

Looks swell fella

Good work

What do you trade?

bought 5k in micron at 10.11, sold at 20.08
bouth 15k in AMD at 2.8, waiting too sell. I think AMD will do very well going forward, but the market scares me right now.

No idea, put a couple thousand on, put it in a few stocks and forgot about it. Didn't want to look at it every 5 mins anymore watching every dip and rise.

Might open it up again and look at the start of 2017

Remember none of it is real until you sell. Until then it's just ink on a monthly statement.

I'm up 28% since September

I paid out 8500€ basically as a christmas gift to my parents who dont know that I made cash yet lol.

Got the 8500€ by selling 735 shares of Canopy and 14 of Baidu.

Currently owning:
Aphria for 8000€
Baidu for 3200€
Barrick Gold for 8900€
Canopy Growth for 15000€
Costamare for 3300€ (went down badly but yield looks nice)
Gilead Science for 4900€
Mobileye for 700€
Paycom for 9500€
Vonovia for 3000€

probably going to sell Vonovia, Baidu, 5000€ of Canopy and buying Bitcoin ETF for 10000€ after the next dip and Gold mining shares when we approach the 1100$ /oz.

Think we have kind of a small bubble right now and the stock amrket will correct itself downwards by 10-20% next year, thatswhy gold/Bitcoin

wrong guy sorry

bump

Bump

No statement ready as proof, but Im up around 14%. Mostly due to some luck with buying Delta Lloyd and dividends. Will be reinvesting in more of the dividend paying fund.

>Gilead Science for 4900€

Unless they literally discover a cure for AIDS, its over for Gilead. Dump it

come on guys

This is my brokerage account. It combines two investment accounts. I'm now entering capital preservation mode, so I'm hedging heavily and trying to diversify toward low beta.

8%. Meh. Not bad, not great.

My IRAs did better. I think it was about 12% y/y. But I can't touch them for a while.

delet this

Made almost 20% but had to pay 3.7k in back taxes, fuck my life.

cucked by jews to pay for refugees lol

Well my capital gains rate is 26.75% on all profits and I held most of my assets I recently sold since early 2015 where I paid almost no taxes at all so it's ok I guess.