/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/radiophobia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread

Previous thread lmao

get a load of this tard

CoC is a StalkerSoup's retarded brother (without actually having any substantial content). It has a shitton of ridiculously nonsensical things (e.g. Forester upgrading all the gear, Vasiliev on Yantar) and manages to gain popularity, while also being a buggy piece of shit and having just a handful of small addons.
Even shitty Lost Alpha is more successful as a modding platform.

CoC is a StalkerSoup's retarded brother (without actually having any substantial content). It has a shitton of ridiculously nonsensical things (e.g. Forester upgrading all the gear, Vasiliev on Yantar) and manages to gain popularity, while also being a buggy piece of shit and having just a handful of small addons.

I am going on my first Yantar trip today with OGSE mod on SoC, am i in for some good anal pounding?
Yes i abused the duty trader and the artefact spawn rates on this mod because im not stupid.

Why does STCoP remove the F2000's grenade launcher? I see they've added a G36-specific one, is there also an EGLM for the F2000?

StalkerSoup is a Narodnaya Solyankas' retarded brother (without actually having any substantial content of it's own). It has a shitton of ridiculously nonsensical things (e.g. Forester upgrading all the gear, Vasiliev on Yantar, skellingtons, broken gameplay and shit tier graphics) and manages to gain popularity, while also being a buggy piece of shit and having just a handful of small addons.

>Joint Pak 2
>gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

Friendly reminder: JP2 is standalone

Lost Alpha? more like Lost Interest
A NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

yeah and?

It isn't too bad, the bit right before it in wild territory is harder.

A couple guys had been installing JP2 over their SHoC.

So my CoC seems to have developed a perma-emission.
Any save I make loads me to auto death.
Ideas on how to fix?
I can load to an earlier save before the last blowout fine. But just happens again next time around.

Sounds kinda similar to what someone else was experiencing in a previous thread. Maybe turn god mode on in console and then load?

Got a step by step to do that for me? Never had the need to enable console or anything yet.

add -dbg to the launcher at the end of the target field

then since you need this to be active during load edit your user.ltx
g_god off

to
g_god on

save file, load a save

i think my shotgun is retarded

You see Vitya, to shoot, you have to stand or else shotty no feel safe

Full list of good Lost Alpha tweaks and mods:
-
-
-

kill yourself

using wrong animation i assume

>1280x960

StalkerSoup not fun?

If you play the entire game in less than 2 years then you are missing so much. Did you realize in StalkerSoup that each glitch changes after you open up a BugTrap? The Source assets at the cordon are replaced by Low Poly Models. The Blowouts to the east of them are replaced by Freezes. Before Agroprom you have Broken Textures in the hangar near Duty Checkpoint. After that they are replaced by Stack Trace nearby. Just because you open a log and see what's there does not mean that it remains that way through out the whole save. Additionally you are most likely not staying around to activate millions of crashes with unique bugs.

Tweaking time compared to real time

01 minute = 06 seconds, 10 minutes = 60 seconds, 60 minutes ( 1 hour ) = 06 minutes

05 hours = 30 minutes, 10 hours = 1 hour, 12 hours = 1 hour 12 minutes, 24 ( 1 Sun and Moon cycle ) = 2 hours 24 minutes.

48 hours ( 2 Sun and Moon cycles ) = 4 hours 48 minutes, 72 hours ( 3 Sun and Moon cycles ) = 7 hours 12 minutes, 240 hours ( 10 Sun and Moon cycles ) = 24 hours, 720 hours ( 30 Sun and Moon cycles ) = 72 hours,

I usually spend 4320 hours ( 5 years ) in notepad before saving it for the first time to go to Garbage in StalkerSoup. A larger Save is where the A-Life truly becomes messed up, everything is pointless. I haven't gone Outside yet.

is there any way to fix it? I'm not even using that gun anymore so i don't actually care but i want to know if i can fix it and how.

x960
really made me think......................
wow............
what did he mean by this......?

assuming it just has the wrong animation listed in it's config file. just change the animation name to some other one.
anim_idle = bm16_idle
or
anim_sprint = bm16_sprint or whatever.

I'll try that later. thanks for the help.

Is this pasta

Is there any bug-less and lag-less way of achieving better anti-aliasing with x-ray engine?

I tried with nVidia inspector, but it has some bugs, and random lagspikes.

Yes

Been away from CoC for months; I don't suppose by some miracle they've gotten around to making NPC companions capable of keeping pace with you while sprinting, eh? Didn't see anything in the changelog but figured I may as well double check.

Yes, it's called get a 4k monitor and you won't need AA with that pixel density

You could just modify their movespeed.

Is there a mod that brings mutants back up to their CoP vanilla values? Pseudogiants are like a joke for some reason. Regular NPC stalkers can 1v1 them, their claw stab thing doesn't seem to do any damage.

I just might, that always bothered the hell out of me, and I don't suppose making them sanic fast will fuck gunplay up too much.

Surprising they haven't slapped on a conditional move speed boost to companions after all this time, but I'd assume there's some engine fuckery afoot keeping it from being that simple.

Now here's the question (I'm in JP2 at the moment so I can't verify this) do companions run after you, or do they SPRINT after you?

IIRC the m_stalker file for stalker npcs has had its claw/melee damage stat boosted to shit so they take hits from mutants like a slap on the wrist, so you may want to look there.

Alternatively there's a high chance someone already did the dirty work, so check around the addons section for CoC on moddb.

Normal run; in CoC I don't think NPCs will ever sprint for any reason other than blowouts, or grenades landing nearby.

This game could have been great. Damn shame.

There never was a chance.

Thanks, I'm going to look into that.

This is fucking ridiculous. I'm watching a Loner with a Makarov tanking a thousand Pseudogiant clawstabs to the face.

He needs to hurry up and die so I can take the goldfish he found.

>That AO3 grenade icon

It came out?

akhshuali ao3 borrowed icons from survarium

>he doesn't know that enigma made survarium

I played it a couple years ago, was just checking it out again.

I think it's still early access or w/e. Here's a older screenshot

These poor lost souls..

The whole general chat is a place where retards prove their retardness.
Survarium will be in beta stage even in 2020, if the whole game manages to stay alive that long...

>70% damage reduction versus all stabbings, bites, and slashings by default

Goddamn, and this is further toughened by immunities.ltx, right?

fucking kill yourself you worthless revolting weeb

did they added PvE?

Not sure, haven't tested discrepancies versus both to see what happens, but raising wound immunity should accomplish what you're looking for (although you might want to reduce stalker fire dispersions or everyone is going to get mowed down hard by mutants).

I'm not sure. I don't think they did.

Nope.
They intend to release some sort of Co-op during this year though.
No word about Freeplay in ages.

moddb.com/mods/radiophobia

Is turning out really nice. ZRP save manager being ported in next patch, too.

>no PvE on a game inspired by STALKER
what the hekc

it's a really nice mod but its weapon damage values are laughably unrealistic

Peashooters, or one-shotting exofags with a 9x18 body shot?

Killing a Pseudogiant with 4 shells from an OP Saiga.

I agree, damage needs to be tweaked a bit, but this is going to be the next big thing for SoC.

one-shotting

also, weapons from the same caliber do damages on different ends of the spectrum

What sort of drugs do you guys believe are good for this?

Alcohol and pot go without saying, but I would like to discuss "why" with someone.

But what about harder, or more exotic stuff like gabapentin or nitrous oxide? Shit, there's definitely room to talk about nicotine's impact.

For the purpose of the discussion, I'm not interested in that pill where you stay up for days without serious issue. It's just old news and obviously fills a role.

No drugs. That just ruins the point of the movie.

How does Monolith manage to be so well equipped?

By murdering literally everyone.

Oh I didn't mean the movie, that was just the only Stalker image on this PC.

I meant for the gameworld and even irl "stalkan."

They went in with good shit and got brainwashed.

Fuck off, you piece of human trash.
Back to your containment board

Vodka then

Kill thy self.

Kill yourself

just watch the movie like a normal person you sperg

No fighting in the war room

With the typical STALKER shotgun damage model where each buckshot pellet translates into the same damage as a rifle shot for some retarded reason, so each shot is essentially 10 rifle shots, I can see 4 shots to the face realistically dropping a pseudo.

>weapons from the same caliber do damages on different ends of the spectrum
That's inexcusable, though.

By being artificial soldiers with fake names and weaponry, spawned from thin air.

Those who played Shadow of Chernobyl all the way up to the good true ending know what I'm talking about.

don't be stupid, kid

see
kysusperg

Kill yourselves

During that segment the c-con was just teleporting existing monolith forces, not creating them whole cloth.

Don't they have a sophisticated network of brainwashed smugglers and moles in other factions, as well as the only completely unhindered supply lines into and out of the zone?

the answer is still the same, do it like a normal person

Goes without saying. Why is alcohol such a comfort though?

Because you're subhuman garbage

>actually only having sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of having children

Live a little.

Kill yourself

I know you just make this same type of post over and over here. Do you even play stalker?

>tfw want to be edgy nothin personnel bounty hunter
>tfw all bounties are always at the other side of the zone
>tfw always have to get through baptism of fire, anomalies, emisions, and mutants to reach my target
>tfw the same shit awaits me on my way back to the client
Fuck this shit, I'll just play military and steamroll through every location shooting everyone on sight.

>from drugs to sex
how old are you?

Kill yourself

i like to drink and i don't do drugs but i'm not against them yet i still think it's dumb to use any of that for anything outside of socializing

That system needs to be majorly reworked. There has to be a reward awaiting you at the bounty, not at the return trip.

kysposter is /ourguy/
kill yourself

I wish there was some means by which the game could factor the approximate difficulty of a mission like that versus the reward.

As it is, hunting some legendary exofag 6 levels away in hostile territory rewards you identically to shooting some bozo rookie 200m away.

Freeplay has been cancelled since forever my dude.

Basically, the bounty has to be the reward. His gear, his status, his life. Anything valuable about him, we take.

Reputation points in CoC factor, so you get Rep for taking down something dangerous.

He's the leader of a group you want to control? Snipe him out. "Oh, what a horrible accident."

Sheer revenge? That's good, too.

Rep doesn't have any gameplay implications.