What does Veeky Forums think of this car?

What does Veeky Forums think of this car?
250d (204CV) comes at 60.000€ with chosen accessories. Worth it? If not, then what should I get? (SUV/SAV, available in Europe, at least 170-180CV)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-wheel_drive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post tits. Only women buy crossovers.

Does the c stand for cuck?

I don't have them, sorry to disappoint...

It's for coupè, I think?

ugly and useless, just like the GLE coupe. That thing looks like a beached whale, get a normal GLC instead

>4 door coupe

For factor has to be like this one or BMW X4

>no rear headroom
>shit handling
>shit ride
>no trunk space
Fucking why though?

GLA's are godtier though, driven one and it's like a luxury grown up Subaru.

There is literally no reason to buy that vehicle.

It's like taking the dick waving useless /out/ness of a Land Rover and watering it down even more by taking away the functionality that Land Rovers have outdoors.

G, GL or bust. The old GLK looked like a proper SUV while being small but the new lineup is just a fucking joke.

id get a range rover sport with the 4cyl or SDV6 or a pimped out evoque. or id wait for the stelvio

>I saw a review on youtube and a 190cm guy fit, so it's more than enough
>why shit handling? it's 1.7 tons, it should be stable
>again why?
>more than enough for what I need

Because I need a sporty-ish big car and this one seems better than X4

Not enough CV with best choice of diesel engine

Won't use it for outdoor: 50% highway, 50% city

great looking car but not what i'm seeking

Evoque is a possibility too but I never drove a Land Rover so I'd have to try it out first.

Stelvio is not bad but seems overpriced if compared with GLC.

A car this big and heavy isn't gonna be "sporty". The marketing department can brag all they want about it being """"AN SUV WITH THE HEART AND SOUL OF A SPORTS CAR"""" but if you want an SUV, don't get something pretending to be a sports car and if you want something sporty, just get a regular C-Class and not some abomination that tries to be both and doesn't quite manage to be either.

what the fuck is this CV your talking about? hp? kw?

"Cheveux", French for horsepower (or literally "horses").

I know but I have a 2007 C class now and performance wise it would be the same (0-100 kmh in 8 secs - 220kmh top)

hp

Alright, I'll break it down for you.
Trying to turn an SUV into a sports car is stupid because:
>SUV has high ride height and even higher center of gravity
>SUV's main selling point is practicality (lots of room)
>sports cars tend to have their CoG as low as possible because this improves handling
>sports cars usually have stiff suspension because this reduces body roll
Now combine the two:
>high CoG, needs even stiffer suspension to reduce bodyroll, which ruins ride quality
>sloped "coupe" roofline ruins rear headroom and trunk space
>the result still handles worse than its sedan or wagon equivalent

If you absolutely must have that new car, just get a C-Class. It'll be equally practical, handle better, and use less fuel to boot.

Just keep the C-class or move up to a used E-class. These crossovers are shit.

But it has 4WD so it should help stability and being bigger it should be far more safe than a normal C class

they are not enough for what you pay, I agree, but I like this form of a gigantic sedan

Safety has more to do with the engineering of the car than its weight or size. Plus a crossover or SUV is actually more likely to roll because of its higher center of gravity.

You can get a C- or E-Class with AWD.

VEHICLE SIZE DOES NOT EQUATE TO SAFETY. Kindly fuck off and never come back to this board.

What is Jaguar F-pace? Look there, for that money you get a fuckin Jag which has really solid handling (even on snow it is fun and predictable)

His wife told him size doesn't matter

Calm down man, I've come here to learn. I saw some crash tests and GLC seems safer than a C class.

Didn't think of that one actually, thank, I'll look it up

You're not an enthusiast so why are you here? If you like crossovers you have shit taste.

To seek advice asking to who knows more, wasn't that obvious? I'm trying to learn pros and cons

I was thinking about getting one too.

Lots of ice where I live, the 4x4 on this would help my drive to work. Won't need snow tires in that case as well.

I like the coupe look to it, looks better then the c class

cool, so the 4x4 helps you stopping / slowing down on an icy road?

alright m8

yeah it gives you more control

Snow tires arent needed anymore, most cars have 4x4 now so you dont get stuck

I just want one for ice, why is that bad?

>implying 4x4 with summers is better than fwd with winters
you are wrong sir

lol how even

4 wheels moving is better then 2, stops better as well because 4 wheels are powered

And lots of safety systems and advanced ABS helps it stop great and not spin out on fast icy corners

I'm sorry you cant seem to grasp this concept

also can offroad if I want to as well, the 4x4 is good offroad, better then your fwd trash

are you from somewhere that never snows?

it doesnt matter how many wheels you have moving if the tires cannot grip the surface

ALSO

4wd=/=4w stop

any car with 2wd and winters wil stop shorter than a car with 4wd and summers, as the the tires will grip better

>I'm sorry you cant seem to grasp this concept

whatever

I'll have a sweet looking car and drive right past your shitbox in the winter

which one?
the fwd or the 4wd one?

depends on conditions of surface and type of tires.

My oldschool memebaru with proper awd (manual, dual range gearbox, viscous coupling on center diff, with no esp/traction control) was able to drive trough fresh snow at ease while fwd econobox from Skoda with brand new winter tires and electronic diff-lock simulation (selective braking pretty much) was struggling no matter how we tried to persuade systems to keep going. It just refused to spin wheels and stalled or when systems were disabled it was just spinning one wheel digging into packed snow. I know that running summer tires in snow is madness but I did it as my new winter tires didn't arrive in time... of course braking was really bad but I was surprised how well it handled overall...

So no, fwd with winters is not always better off than proper awd with winter tires - unless your winter tires are semislicks.

You're gonna have a hard time getting those 4 summer tires to grip anything in snow. Look I know a lot of you guys think you know but just stop you're borderline retarded. I'd pick a FWD with decent snow tires over a 4x4 with soft compound summers any day

>So no, fwd with winters is not always better off than proper awd with winter tires - unless your winter tires are semislicks.

my post was 4wd with summers vs fwd with winters

of course my mistake in that last sentance. Just saying that it depends on other factors and you can't just claim it as bulletproof truth.

The only truth is this - every vehicle will get stuck in snow eventually if there is too much of it. Those with good tires and all wheel drive will get stuck further from help.

why

buying a g for anything other than off road porpoises is retarded, even more so than buying a unibody mall crawler

in eastern europe G-wagen is a status symbol for mafia pretty much. You know that whoever is in it has some illegal arsenal on the back seat...

this is fact. i agree, kind sir.

Alfa romeo stelvio maybe? Launch editiom goes for like 58k with 280hp

see

What a fucking abomination. Slower, much uglier and less practical than a sedan/wagon. Worse mpg too. Where are you from????

>Slower, much uglier and less practical than a sedan/wagon

1. it has 241HP

2. it looks better then an ugly wagon, idk what you on about

3. its an SUV so it has WAY more space for cargo and people

You're hilariously deluded if you think a """"sporty 4-door coupe SUV"""" has more room for people and cargo than a regular wagon.

Also 241hp is fuckall when the car weighs 3 fucking tons.

0-60 in 5.9 seconds, thats fast

and it has a HUGE amount of space

Would be great if the low, sloping, """"sporty"""" roofline didn't cut all that space in half.

c class wagon trunk space 12.6cu ft

glc coupe trunk space = 19.4 cu ft

get cucked wagonfag

still has more space then c class wagon, cuck

I'm going to look at a GLC coupe tomorrow

R E K T
E
K
T

Go for it OP, the GLC Coupe is a fantastic balance of sportiness, comfort, safety, practicality and luxury. You'll love it.

OP here, my last message is 17.15, other anons like this car.
Anyway thanks everyone, all interesting thought. I agree with the winter wheels user, they are far more better through snow and ice.

I have a question, according to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-wheel_drive 4wd and fwd are the same thing, right? I didn't get so from the discussion.

You either get the AMG series our you dont buy a fucking merc

getting a glc 300

;>)

>yurop
>being able to afford an AMG

four wheel drive=4wd and front wheel drive=fwd

Ok thank you, I was reading that f as a four

Get an E-class wagon if you need space or e-class coupe if you want 2 doors and stop being a cuck. A jack of all trades is a master of none.

t. Poorfag

t. wagoncuck

I hope they realize they put four doors on it...

wagons are better than crossovers. if you don't agree you should kill yourself.

>wagons are better than crossovers. if you don't agree you should kill yourself.

Wrong.

Theres a reason crossovers and SUV are cooler then faggot wagons

Ofc
I was kidding the other user

Instead of illegal immigrants, Trump should use the national guard to round up and deport crossover drivers. What a bunch of useless fucks.

New mercs make me angry, they all have this condescending look on their face even though all of them except the top models are just fat over engineered badgewhore mobiles.

>crossovers
>cool
>mfw
SUV's you're thinking of probably aren't cool either because you seem like the type of faggot that likes soccer mom tier vehicles

Sure thing, guy.

>implying crossovers don't combine the best of all worlds

They're not cooler. They're only driven by women that like >muh seating position and men that are cucked by their wives into getting one.

please tell us more about how your pseudo-offroad station wagon with a slanted roofline and 6" lift is the coolest thing on the road

Best of what worlds?
Most are fwd until they slip
Heavy
Numb steering
Worse mpg.

>take a station wagon and make it pigfat so it gets worse mileage, is slower, less practical, and chop the roofline so it has less cargo room
>"IT'S BETTER NOW!"
feel free to kill yourself at any time

Post the sweet looking car then

Sportier and more economical than an SUV
More practical and safer than a wagon
Looks slick af

>hurr crossover is bad durr but I can't explain why

Sasuga Veeky Forums.

HAHAHAH you must be soooooo poor to even think of such a connection. Please buy all of the GLA inventory so I don't have to look at that monstrosity.

i drove this, i found it really disappointing.
Being used to GL this was a step down. Consider Q7 or better yet, SQ7.

FINALLY SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

>this entire fucking thread

It's hilarious how crossovers trigger Veeky Forums so fucking badly.

I would but they cost too much

Veeky Forums hates everything they can't afford, even when it's objectively superior

especially when it's objectively superior*

This is how you should respond to this thread if you don't like crossovers and have nothing to add about what the OP is asking for:
>
>
>

>this thread
Are wagonfags the worst people on Veeky Forums?

It would appear that way, yes.

The GLC has substantially more leg and cargo room than the GLK and looks like a station wagon rather than a wannabe G-class. The new lineup is objectively superior.

Dont be a nigger, get an F pace

Yes! One of the two only crossover SUVs I'd ever consider buying.

Very reasonable priced too

I tried to configure one some minutes ago. It comes at 63000€ with minimum optionals (250d version), so it would be slightly over budget.
I gotta get a test drive anyhow.

X C 9 0
C

Preferably in hybrid form for those delicious envirotax breaks.

yeah,sitting so high really is the best

Hybrid is for 130k€ so no.
Diesel one doesn't have automatic transmission, only "geartronic". Always drove manual transmission cars so I want an automatic one for a change.