Best time to live in history other than last 200 years?

What time would be the best time, and where?

Only for the equivalent of a middle class person today. I'm thinking Ancient Rome would surpass all other times/countries for someone with moderate income, but I dunno.

>being "middle-class" in Rome
>in a society engulfed between rich and poor
>implying there is a "middle class"

Lad, there were barely any middle class people in the Roman Empire. In fact they were almost non-existent. Where do you get this meme where the dividing line was between rich, middle, and poor?

well i just equate our middle class with the lower upper class of roman society. someone who is born into wealth but not the upper echelon

Rome would be the most similar to our mode of living. Urban life has greatly changed in speed and convenience but I think a modern person could get along in that environment easier than they could in the feudal period for example.

all else being equal the further back you go the worse it gets
not at a consistent rate, but consistently worse
todays modern age of incremental advances is a pretty safe nanny-stated society, explicitly under western anglo saxon ENGLISH hegemony.

any cunt saying otherwise is some butt hurt crout or some other stinky nigger shit like a spic from iberia.

theres only a few releases left really, and then its just massive/major catastrophic events

information like the wide acceptance of societal manipulation at a grand scale
weather control
earthquake machines
sun control
technology can read your thoughts, your mind HAARP PRISM etc
ionosphere weapons, technology and satelite tier celestial dictatorship stuff.
most minds are easy to go, to say goodbye, irrelevent if im one or not, i wouldnt mind
i understand my place, in my own body, my own mind, my own reality, yet you have people gaurding nuclear launch keys who do not
people who are in all realtalk terms and deifnitions, legally insane, mentally incapacitated. but they all stick together like glue
and will come down only when the circus' main pole falls and the sides collapse inwards

id say today, right now, here, in this continuous strain of i, would be the best time.

worst would be the beginning of time, somebody posted some proto humanoids lower below, i wouldnt want to be one of them, but if i was, id be tribal leader, and id bludgeon you to death were you a male and i not fond of & the second criteria of being my heirs
but id keep all the young monkey girls to myself. and rape them, and their children, as i saw fit.
and beat lions in the head with clubs, and wrestle alligators and the ilk

early agriculture, maybe. not that anyone knows what the fuck that was like.

Probably some Chinese dynasty at the height of its stability, like the earlier 11th century Northern Song or the 18th century Qing.

Parts of Late Medieval/Early Modern Europe too, especially if you live in a commune, but you'd have to pick somewhere that's not at war every five minutes.

Probably the last 18th centery then. Then id say Rome or any major Arabic city (Baghdad) during the late middle ages.

I'd go for Minoan at its height. Mediterranean climate, generally safe & peaceful. Don't know a whole lot about social structures, but from their art they seem to be pretty chill. As a commercial/trading people, probably not lacking in creature comforts and luxuries.

A rich Italian city-state anywhere after Italian wars if I am going to be an Artisan. Spain during its golden age if I am going to be lower nobility.

imagine dieing the day after thera erupted at like 85 years old, which was apparently achievable lifespans for the civilians (see citizens) even 3.6kybp

The life expectancy at the time was low due people dying in infancy, in wars or disease. Not because people died at 40 randomly. If you survived infancy and lived relatively isolated, upper class life you could survive well enough into your 60s without a problem.

a high class strata citizen could live into 80s in pre-thera minoa easily

take the rest of ur shill shit elsewhere

it was also low becuase some diseases which are easy to fix now were nightmares then, like how a dental abscess could kill you

Alexandria, Egypt. Under the rule of the Ptolemaic dynasty, the city was literally the most prosperous in the entire world.

Any Italian commune (possibly Guelph) in the late Middle ages. Anyone could get into his city politics or make a decent living as a tradesman, and the nobility didn't have that much weight into society unlike the rest of Europe

This user starts out good, then walks off to crazy town. So I guess wherever was the most developed, peaceful, disease free part of the world 201 years ago.

Um so, Switzerland 1815 after the congress of Vienna seems pretty good.

Since there are so many threads like this one come up with the perfect plan. Background info: I want to become an animal ecologist
>be born into noble family in stable medieval Muslim city like Baghdad
>use this logic:
>allah created everything including plants and animals
>therefore animals and plants that a perfectly adapted to there environment are a manifestation of his will
>this would make holy to record and observe them in the name of allah as it would be a way of interpreting his will
>become the father of ecology by creating the first field guides and the a comfortable life in a nobles court while doing this

Two words:

hunter gatherer

Hellenic Alexandria, Egypt (~200 BC) is another contender.

A guy living there totally invented the basic concept of steam power, but it was never explored further, because why use steam power when you have slave labor?

>therefore animals and plants that a perfectly adapted to there environment are a manifestation of his will>this would make holy to record and observe them in the name of allah as it would be a way of interpreting his will >become the father of ecology by creating the first field guides and the a comfortable life in a nobles court while doing this

Pffft look at this faggot. Why dick around with all that when you could fuck all the little girls and boys you ever wanted?

70 million BC

*6000BC

YEC think the world is only 6,000 years old in total, so even that would be too old. They literally think the world started in 4,000 BC.

Rural peasant before the Renaissance

probably in Urbino when Federico da Montafeltro was ruling

very peaceful, humanistic, and prosperous.

> best is only measured in safety and material wealth
Pure ideology

The last two hundred years includes the 19th Century, which was among the worst times to be alive. Essentially from the eighteenth century onwards you see a sharp decrease in life expectancy and living standards because of the industrial revolution. Before then, renaissance/late medieval Europe is pretty excellent for your average guy (especially if he's a Burger), while early medieval Europe is fairly shitty, and (to the mass butthurt of Romaboos everywhere) life is REALLY shitty in the Roman period and before.

UNTIL you get to the neolithic, at which point life becomes better than it ever was afterwards—excluding the twentieth century.
This guy gets it.
This guy doesn't.

Non-equestrian landholders would be middle class. The plebs are middle class really. There's a lot of variance there, the capite censi is rock bottom