Why isnt the Xclass coming to USA

Can i just buy one in Australia and ship it here or are there going to be stupid ass rules.

25 year import rule.

Also, nobody wants a luxury pickup truck, because it's an oxymoron.

New cars in the US require extensive US only crash tests, in addition to a few other US only requirements.

Mercedes realizes Americans only like body on frame trucks, so its not worth it to try to sell this/damage their brand image.

Thought cars couldn't be imported into America until they were over 25 yr old? If that's not the case and you can import one, why Australia? It'll be RHD.

Because trying to get a piece of the US truck market with a relatively small and overly expensive badge-engineered Nissan Navara isn't what an economist would call a good idea

It is a body on frame truck and is already on sale in the us

I'd accuse you of "t. GMChevrillac Escasilvierra" if you weren't a trip.

They are sick id buy one. 40-50k tell me thee aren't nicer then a ranger.

No on wants luxury pickup? Lincoln? Whens the last time you went and looked at a new F-150 not to mention the super chief and all the nes whit they talk about. 70k+, theres def an american market for a midsized truck 40-50k

Aswell as being a scandinavian where none of the models offered by those brands are good choices

>t. Muhammad Al-Hilux

Well yes, that's what I meant by it.

>nobody wants a luxury pickup truck
>F-350 LARIAT HARLEY BIGHORN EDDIE BAUER EDITION

are you kidding me? that thing is the perfect mall crawling douche mobil. americans would buy a million.

that concept looks like shit
assmad nissan fangirl detected

Ah right

The worst part of it all is that I've become an actual Toyota-shill after buying my own and getting to know it. I've driven a lot of L200's and Navaras at my job, and I honestly cannot recommend either of those infront of the Hilux. Sure, you get a bit more power, a few more luxury accessories and whatnot, but the Toyota is just that much better at being a truck, at being reliable and staying in value

The only trucks I'd consider owning is MK5 Hilux and newer, and the Isuzu D-Max

It's not big enough for penile compensation. Remember the Navara is a midsize. Nobody would buy a Cadillac Colorado either. It's gotta be fullsize and crew cab long bed and ideally dually.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Americans love luxury brands and they love big vehicles.
Hell even Caddi had a pickup escalade on offer for a while

It would be more of a teenage girl and trophy wife vehicle imo.

>compact baby truck
>big vehicle

>oh boy a truck that will cost a shit ton to fix
>cant tow anything worthwhile
>be completely worthless after warranty is up
basically yuppie: truck edition, like the ridgeline but worse

Design reminds me of an angry snarling pic related

It's pretty big compared to my cars mate.
Not everyone here is over 300 lbs, and if crossovers told you anything it doesnt need to be big as an Xbox to be big

That's ironic because the Ridgeline is about as much as 90% of private truck owners would actually have a use for. But instead it's gotta be a 250(0) so you can look tough when you climb your gravel driveway with a bed full of mightly lawn cuttings.

Don't tell him that, I've found that Honda ridgelines simply hurt feelings because nobody wants to admit all they need in a truck is a CRV with a bed

cant exactly tow a 5th wheel with a ridge line

A luxury pick-up truck? the fuck?
Oh wait, isn't this Mercedes that tarted-up Nissan pick-up truck? I bet it is.

This won't sell well to us average common-or-garden shoe-wearing slubs but this will sell to nigga gangsters and rich Arab playboys. Kinda like that 6x6 Mercedes G-Wagen

you -can- it just voids the warranty.
But if you're towing a fifth wheel you should already know what you're looking for and if you don't you should look into selling it

compact trucks all but died in america
they're only now making a small comeback

That window line looks more like a Toyota Tacoma or a Chevy Colorado...but, yeah...both body on frame & both already on sale in the U.S.

And how many people tow fifth wheels exactly? Are you trying to sell me the idea of 40ft campers being an everyday occurrence and existing in every second household again?

Oh Lawd, that has to be the gayest interior I have ever seen...just put a Tony Award in the front seat and be done with it.

Jesus wept...

People who buy """fancy""" trucks are generally badge/brand whores and are fucking retarded.

Ford actually once tried selling a luxury Lincoln pickup truck, the Mark LT. Sold like absolute dogshit. So they took the same truck, with all the same bells and whistles, and rebadged it as the F-150 Platinum. Boom, gorillion seller and they're flying off lots.

The upmarket truck buyer doesn't want class, they want MAH TRUCK. That's why new Dodge trucks all have RAM on the back, front and center in the auto equivalent of 72-point boldface. It's all about the name.

>not buying the superior Nissan version

look at that fat fuck behind the wheel of that thing.

Only way you could ever get one of these is some kind of biz write off. maybe driving people out to some resort in the mountains, pretending like theres not a back road. or high end car rental. X-class supposed to be

>cab already has roof rails
>instead put a basket on the bed cap that's probably rated for lower weight

pretty sick DESU, pics of the interior, Merc interiors are superior to every car iv been in.

Because every now annd thent he Germans get arrogant and decide to fuck the US on a car release.

The US is probably the biggest truck-buying nation in the world. This is THE market to sell them. But they decided to do this shit again.

Bullshit. Come to Texas and see how many pay $60k+ for a Chevy/Ford/Dodge that's had every last possible feature shoved into it while never using it as a work truck.

Is that a Pathfinder with a body kit?