Moving in your car

>Buying a car you know you'd like to keep for 10+ years
>3 years left of study
>Move potentially 2000 miles from Florida to California
How realistic is this? I obviously won't be running for 39 hours straight and I would like to stop for at least a day in some of the more interesting locations along the way. My fear is that the car won't have much of a life after the drive and I basically just put it to death. The car in question is a '97 Miata. Would I also be able to attach a tiny little trailer at most carrying sub-100 lb? I don't wanna lose this beauty.

it's only like 3500 miles. That's one oil change.

Your car is trash garbage if it can't drive another 3k miles without dying. I wouldn't do the trailer thing that will just slow you down a lot and fuck your mpg. Pack your whole life into a miata? It's possible.

>rent truck and trailer
>put miata in trailer
>?????
>profit

Get a trunk rack instead of a trailer.

I'm a young faggot (miata driver) who inherited his mothers' car paranoia. I want to get into cars but I only have true meme knowledge. I'm like a fat guy who still thinks "fats" are bad. Please excuse my inevitable faggotry.

Thanks for the tips. Any tips on securing the car inside the trailer so it doesn't get blended?

The trailer is a retarded idea because you won't be able to go above 65 or 70 ever. Just pack all your shit very carefully

it's potentially 3 large duffel bags and 3 large guitar cases...

thats not nice.

sell 2 guitars and put 1 in the back window

oil change before
oil change after
you are fine

calm down with the self deprecation

Guitars in the front seat, one bag in the trunk, one in the seat with the guitars, one on the luggage rack.

right? i just asked a simple question. dunno why people get hostile when miatas are mentioned

i cant sell these guitars. they're my brothers.

good to hear! i guess i wont do anything overly fun with this car while it's still a daily.

dang, you really think they'll fit? each case is about 4 ft long and 1.5 ft wide. each bag is about 2 ft long, 1.5 ft wide, 1.3 ft tall.

Are you doing the trip right now or in 3 years?

Hey, I professionally drive cars cross country from time to time. Usually they are filled with most everything people own. No real strain on the vehicle: inspection beforehand, oil change beforehand, oil change after. Assuming you're doing interstates the whole time these will be the easiest 2.5k miles your car ever has. Just don't drive like a moron and pull off when you start to feel tired, not when it interferes with attention.

in 3 years. The reason I ask this now is because I just got the little guy a year ago and since getting it things really have been going well. lots of good memories with this thing.

I'm a really careful driver and I really enjoy driving this thing. I doubt it'll ever put me to sleep but like I said I'll be making stops to sight see and rest. Side question: your job sounds awesome. mind sharing any details?

Just do a test to make sure the guitars fit in the front seat with a duffel bag. Worst case scenario, you manage to fit one bag in the trunk full and stuff the contents of another bag in the remaining space.

It's not too exciting. Usually give myself 4-5 days for a crossing. It'd be more interesting if I could have leisure time on the trips, but I try to keep it fun.
Midwest is garbage. West Texas is better, but still tedious. I recommend an entire day to cross the Midwest, like 6-6 kinda day.
Also all upper midrange (think BMW), nothing actually fancy.

how much extra room do you think i'd get if i remove the passenger seat and leave it behind?

Fucking what? If that kills your car, it was going to die on you in a week or two anyway. I never understood this logic.

yeah I'm more interested in the road moreso the towns. as for leasure I thought i'd make make a detour to Austin or something. I should probably plan some spots to visit in 3 years time lol

i just dont want to hurt the little guy.

Not a lot at all. It might be cheaper to ship your less essential stuff separately or just give it away. What will you have besides clothes, the guitars, and a laptop?

Unless you're going down the highway in second gear the whole way, it'll be fine. Just check your fluids each time you stop.

honestly not even bringing clothes. Just 3 pairs of shoes, 2 memento boxes, a box of extremely rare vinyl records the 3 guitars and my desktop.

Out of all those, the vinyls and your desktop are the only things I'd worry about fitting in the trunk. For the desktop, you could yank the hard drives and GPU, then sell the rest. Replacing computer parts would be a lot less hassle than finding a replacement passenger seat if you're that hard up for space.

Not sure if the vinyls would fit upright or what.

yeah. it sucks because i don't feel comfortable shipping any of this stuff. rip gamecube though.