Meme?

Is the Mini Cooper S a meme? I'm considering getting a used Mini Cooper S. What mileage should I be looking for? What problems are common to it? It's a minor consideration, so talk me out of it if it sucks.

Post tits

they're pretty neat.

i like them.

was just about to buy a brand new S MayFair one a couple years ago. Backed out, got a bmw instead.

if you aren't buying one of the newer ones, try and get one of the early ones. 01-04 are good. 05-2009 aren't then after 2010 they got it together.

Lots of engine problems between 05-09

my man tits are fat and hairy so you probably wouldn't be interested

That's when Peugeot started making their engines?

exactly.

Get a Golf or a Beetle. You'll have much better reliability.

lots of engine problems period.

OP don't. They are amazing to drive, but holy shit are they unreliable. Turbos commonly blow.
This is what happens when the French design an engine.

thanks for the info, I had read something similar and wanted a second opinion

The R53 (especially in JCW form) is a class little car.
The R56 is cancer

Chances are that if you need to ask if something is a meme, you're probably too dumb for the answer to matter to you anyway.

From what i heard they love breaking apart the second they come out of the factory. Also interior is hot garbage.

Buy used megane sport 225 or r26 if you can.

Reliable and fast as fuck.

R26 comes with lsd so you can hallucinate you drive a cooper.

or a clio sport. Google them up, good cars.

Used to hate em. But I like em now after learning to appreciate car heritage before and knowing that they are made by bentley

disregard these posts OP. He's european.

Ahem.
ATTENTION EUROTARDS.
RENAULT IS NOT SOLD IN AMERICA.
PEUGEOT IS NOT SOLD IN AMERICA.
CITROEN IS NOT SOLD IN AMERICA.

Fun to drive
Peppy engine
Less powerful than you expect
Bad reliability
Stay away from auto cars
Expensive to fix

I had an 06 Mini S. Bought it at around 40K miles, got rid of it at around 100K. Only issue i ever really had with it was the water pump go bad. MY power steering was leaking a bit when I got rid of mine so watch out for that. I basically had to keep putting fluid in it.

I miss that car so much. Great for city driving as well as country driving. A little uncomfotable ride at times. I ditched the run flat tires to improve ride quality.

Peugeot engine
nuff said

06 models have nothing to do with 2007-2014 models.

Import them fagnuts

25 year rule

Live in a country that respects your freedom then

This

Shitloads of fun. You don't want to own one though. Best bet is to lease a new one, then get out and make it someone else's problem.

Mine was fun to drive but constantly in the shop (cracked manifold, blown turbo, etc.). I had about 65000 miles on it. In general, they're not considered to be very reliable, so try to get one with since kind of warranty.

That would require moving to another planet.

It's the first car I learned to drive stick in and I like it. One of the things that pisses me off though is the crap interior. One time I tried to open the glove box and the handle came off and it wouldn't close. I searched online and found out that it was a common problem. I just ended up shoving a thick small piece of paper behind the thing that catches the rail to close it and never opened it again.

Another problem I have is if I go over 70 MPH, the window on the passenger side starts catching air and makes an annoying whistling noise that only gets worse the faster I go. That may just be a problem I have though.

Everything else is fine.

>What problems are common to it?
Well you are buying a BMW with all the downsides of a BMW, and none of the upsides of a BMW

Basically expect things to break, a lot

You could end up with deathrattle. It's complete chance, but the PSA 1.6 THP engine they used in the R56 Cooper S had massive issues with the cambelt/chain tensioner randomly giving up. It was a common fault, but it's completely luck whether you get it or not. Then end result is the same as your cambelt snapping