Alfa Spider

Looking at one of these,

>1998 model
>65910 kms (41000 miles)
>TB done at 39000 miles

Is there anyone experience with these cars, or own one, that can tell me a bit more about them?

I know the alfa reliability is supposed to be SHIT, especially ones from that era.

also price is €2000

DOOOOOOOO ITTTTTT

T-Thanks user

Bump

shit if it's only 2000 I'd say go for it, since I'm from burgerland I have no experience with Alfas because they don't exist here but either way I think it'll be a nice cheap car that you can fix up yourself if you can afford the replacement pieces, oh also don't drive at night idk what the fuck is up with those lights but I doubt they do shit

I wonder are they an easy car to work on, like japs from that era, or being Italian are they autistic like the germans?

And if parts are rare too.

This puppy's selling for 19000 Canadabucks. Someone convince me not to buy it as a DD.

dont buy it as DD

Bumping for advice

Its the one with the busso v6 right?
Get it op

OP here, no its the 2.0-litre 16-valve Twin Spark engine.

I know that the V6 Busso is irresistible but don't get the it as DD because it's very expensive to repair, the 2.0 TS is fine and drives exquisitely.

Have you experience with these cars?

How are they on reliability? It would not be my main DD, but still, I would not like it to be a money pit that spends more time layed up than driving with its top off!

Let me rephrase it:

If you're looking for a budget car and you're tight on money, don't get the V6 Busso because it's expensive and difficult to repair, especially if you don't live in Italy where spare parts are obviously easier to find, instead I'd suggest the 2.0 TS because it's easier to repair/mantain and less sophisticated.

do these cars share parts with any other alfas?
might make getting parts easier

What are the usual issues that they suffer?

I don't have direct experience as owner but I know that the 2.0 TS is a reliable engine and as I said it's easy to mantain and to look for spare parts, the ordinary and extraordinary manteinance are easy while as for the Busso it's the opposite.

The Busso is a god like engine but it's very expensive to mantain today because of the rarity of spare parts and because every little problem could be a money pit because it's difficult to work on this engine AND you have to, and it's mandatory, find an extremely competent mechanic who really knows how to "touch" this engine.

The TwinSpark is a brilliant choice and if you will mantain the car and keep it in mint conditions it will surely appreciate in the near future.

Nothing in particular, it's just that the Busso with its particular placement in the engine bay is a challenge for every mechanic because reaching specific parts and points requires specific tools and keys (specialized classic Alfa Romeo mechanics have custom keys straight from Arese and made specifically for operating on the Busso) so if you have to change the timing belt, guess what...high expenses and long work.

I'm not saying that the engine is unreliable, you just have to keep it perfectly mantained as you'd do with all the special engines of this kind, but if you're going to buy it you have to keep in mind that you'll sped a lot of money on it.

It's ok if you're an enthusiast and you know what you're doing, and have the patience of course, but if you're going to buy because you like you'll freak out eventually once you'll realize the ownership costs.

I'd suggest you to ask on your "local" Alfa Romeo enthusiasts forum for more information about.

I say get the busso op
The 2.0 twinspark is great and reliable, but every time you step on the gas and think "I wish I had just a bit more power" you will regret you didn't get the busso
Sure. It's a more demanding engine to care for, but don't be an idiot and service it right at people that know how to work on it and you will love your new toy

These kind of suggestions are stupid, because if you don't know what you're dealing with you're going to have your bank account empty...

It's not only "get it because it's cool", it doesn't work like that...

no bussos for sale here, only the ts

Thank you user, you've saved my bank account.

It is a very nice car.

>1998 model
>65910 kms

that car does not have 65k kms on it

how many does it have desu senpai?

twice that, at least