Small SUV?

So I've been looking to get a new vehicle and I've seen a lot of praise for Subaru. Looking at reviews is pretty pointless though -- every manufacturer has good things to say about their vehicle and bad things to say about everyone else's.

>pic related
The supposed highlights of the Crosstrek are what I'm looking for, but I'd like to be convinced/enlightened.

So, important features...

>on the smaller side, but with enough room (~50 cubic feet) for my shit
>reliable in all expected highway/town terrain, capable of mild offroading
>25-30MPG or better
>nice, modern interior features like rear cam/sound that isn't ass/navigation screen/bluetooth or AUX, as well as good legroom (I'm 6'3")
>$25000 or less

Is the Crosstrek a good option or is something else a better fit for this criteria?

crappy criteria

get the mazda cx-3. its better.

CX3 or CX5 will be better

The crosstrek has better ground clearance and a better all wheel drive system
More horsepower it gets about the same as the cx3 and it comes in manual transmission the only thing Mazda has on the crosstrek is it's probably more luxurious and it's a bit cheaper. don't listen to these Mazda fags

By all means, refine them for me.

More luxurious how?

Leather interior and fancy buttons everywhere.

If you can, wait for the 2018s. They just introduced a 2017 Impreza that's much better and on the new global platform, the Crosstrek version is coming later for the 2018 model year.

What do you drive now? What's wrong with it?

Oh boy here we go
>don't buy a new car just fix the one you have now

Interesting! Are the improvements of this new platform really that large? Seems like a manufacturing cost saver rather than for consumer happiness.

You should see it. They completely redid the whole thing and they did it really fucking good.

what. do. you. drive. now.

A 2009 Chevy Silverado with over half a million miles on it.

Why would you give up that capability for a shitty cuckmobile?

Where did I say I was going to lose the Silverado?

CuckXperiment 3 or 5? Fuck off m8

True. The Crosstrek is slow as fuck and has a shitty CVT if you don't get a manual. 20k could get you a used TSX sportwagon. Automatic only but it's a conventional auto.

What's so bad about the CVT? I like manual, but it's not ideal for a daily driver.

it's noisy, slows acceleration, unreliable

Hello insecurity

not OP but I've heard a consensus thay the manual on the crosstreck feels mushy and underpowered while the CVT feels feels more responsive to acceleration. I'm not a carfag but really how bad is CVT reliability? I'm seriously considering buying this car but I want to get burned by a tranny that blows it's rubber band or whatever the fuck runs a CVT.

Manual is mushy but still fun to drive. Cvt is boring but reliable.

t.Subaru mechanic

My sister has one, its aight. Only problem is the CVT sucks and she smokes cigarettes in it with the cloth interior, so it smells like shit.

Amazing thing is that its barely depreciated in the 4 years she has had it.

You can also order an STI package with the crosstrek if you chose to buy it new