>lane keeping assist™
>"manual shifting" with automatic up shifting at 5.5k rpm
>automatic transmission™
>pedestrian warning™
>distance keeping assist™
>emergency auto brake™
>microsleep prevention assist™
>anti glare rear mirror assist™
>extra strong power steering and braking so you could operate your car with your limp dick

Then one day the car is in the shop, he borrows buddy's 90's shitbox for work commuting and rear ends someone because it didn't brake automatically while he was tweeting on his iphone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwjsHdv5hRw
youtu.be/emaxtEDtUPM?t=16m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=7Mi-se6_59Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hZL6OKwQGew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is why old cars need to be taken off the road

I dont see the problem with these "e-nannies"

People as a whole do not have any interest in driving or practicing it safely, and as such they will never be able to actually do anything safely in an "old" car. With systems like these you simply make it less likely for the retarded people to crash into something, while those of us who wants to drive as safe and effective as possible often find these systems interruptive as they are designed to work with a person who is not paying attention and who is probably a mediocre driver at best

you really need to understand how uncoordinated/retarded the average person is.

A friend of mine kinda was in that situation.
She had a new car but it was in the shop and she had to use her momma's car.

She was driving and we came to stop at a signal on a hill.
Then she wanted to go again instead she stalled and the car was about to roll backwards into a brand new SUV. She was able to stop it like 1 inch before impact and started crying violently and I had to take over the wheel.

She didn't expect the car to have no hill holder and she wasn't used to drive a car without one and panicked like hell.

>started crying violently
That is just one level under "oh no, I'm losing control over the car I better take both hands and hold them over my face"

letting women drive was a mistake

tfw I've never driven a car with any of these things (except maybe power steering, idk what you classify as "extra strong")

tfw I dd a motorcycle with none of these things

tfw whether other people's cars have these things doesn't chap my britches

~~The Magic of a Free Market~~

because you are a shit driver, yes

Only if they're poorly trained and forced to spend 500 hours a year driving thanks to horrid city planning (read: Americans).

I mean at least she stopped

What don't you like about shorter brake pedal travel? I work for a brake company and that is one thing that we work to control. First time a drove a newer car it took getting used to but I don't really see much of a difference.

Shorter pedal travel=less range of braking pressure

Not really. You just need to have more control of your foot and break it up into smaller fractions.

wat

Skill Level: Underaged and probably on learners permit with no instructor. A miracle how she passed.

The problem is that people are retarded, and these things that are supposed to help them not be retarded only makes them more retarded.

>hurr why isn't driving a chore

That feel when your car only has ABS and ESP.

How do you propose making better drivers of those who see it as a boring chore?

because more people die from car accidents in america each year then people do from guns.

AND WE CANT SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT GUN CONTROL BUT EVERYONE WANTS TO IGNORE THE EVEN BIGGER CAR PROBLEM

Whats even worse is that gun deaths are just gang members and thus a non issue, but half of car deaths are innocent people who were driving safely and killed by someone else being an idiot.

What level is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=wwjsHdv5hRw

>A miracle how she passed.
>miracle

sadly, I've seen this level way too often.

take their licenses away if they're really such a shit driver.

Driving learning courses and the exam should be taken on a manual car with all these things turned off.

>ABS
have fun trying to stop on gravel or dirt.
>ESP
I don't like the idea of psychic cars, user. That's asking for trouble.

>oy vey guns and old cars are like seven gorrillion shoahs take them off the road

Also perhaps we should retake it every 2-3 years.

The anti glare is actually a good idea. I wish my car had this.

But its better now, because of all the cool stuff I mean.
Just like traffic lights! I like them because I don't have to think about my actions, I get told what to do and when to do it.
I like how my car tells me when I need to put fuel in it, or when I need to get it serviced.

I enjoy taking no responsibility

Uhuh, so constant surveillance to pick out the bad ones?

Its just the way it has to be. Even with strict education and tests you'll just have people become shit drivers again when they get comfortable and dont have an instructor in the passenger seat

what defines a shit driver?
For me its someone that drives in an unassertive manor or who is visibly uncomfortable with the operation of their vehicle.

Executions

Those are decent definition

I'd say mine is "someone unable to drive without impeding or endangering themselves or other trafficants & infrastructure"

Like this gal?

youtu.be/emaxtEDtUPM?t=16m30s

Exactly

There are way, way too many people who should not have a licence

It should be a lot more harder to get the licenses and a lot more focus on defensive driving.

The driving exams should only be perfomed on manual cars in order to weed out the stupid people. (Automatic would only be allowed for handicap people)

>Everyone is already so fucking used to e-nannies
The car manufacturers are slowly testing out the pieces of self-driving cars by introducing these things. As people use them, the bugs are worked out or the items are perfected due to feedback.

The anti-glare rear mirror is really helpful. I drove a LeSabre on a fairly long road trip and it had auto rear-view dimming which worked like a charm. Everything else is shitty though.

>There are way, way too many people who should not have a licence
Those people will drive without a license if you deny them. That's the plain truth.

Where are you referring to?

Here in Norway the coursing is very stringent, with what I think is over 80 obligatory hours, and the drivers are still shit.

Here you can take the coursing & test eith borh auto and manual, but if you do it with auto you're only allowed to drive auto

We also have strict classification for different vehicles & weight/power restrictions

>In car with mother
>She's driving
>get's a phone call
>One hand on the wheel, not looking at the road
>it's in a zippered pocket, takes second hand off the wheel
>not looking at the road, no hands on the wheel, foot on the accelerator
>We're in the city
>I lean over and steer the car into the left hand turn lane and flick the blinker on, brake using handbrake
>didn't say anything, never let her drive again.

With both auto and manual*

Thats true. We have to find a balance between performance and obtainability

That can't be real. My blood is boiling.

I know.
I was refering to the overseas

Must suck to live in such a communist country. In my state you get your license when you're 16, you can drive anything you want except motorcycles and your license doesn't expire for 30 years. Motorcycle endorsement is going around some cones in a parking lot and proving you aren't a retard.

>living in a country where immature teens are able to drive several tonne vehicles with little to no training is great

You can't be serious

Bus pass.

And then we have much fewer fatalities and heavily injured per driven mile, even with low road standards, long winters and a high average age of the cars

Renewal is basically getting a new photo, and if required; showing a statement from your GP about you being physically fit to drive

This is the problem.

I say this as I also live in the US.

My car has:
ESP
ABS
and power steering, that doesn´t correct my torquesteer

That car was build untill 2014.

Until it decides to go pitch black mode for no reason

>ABS
>Not threshold braking
Do you even drive? All I have is power steering because fuck parking lots.

>driving in parking lots
>letting your car get hit by unaware drivings and kids slamming the doors open

I bought my car used, and it came with the optional power steering, ABS and I think it has ESP as well, but I´m not shure.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, AND SHE WON'T STOP CRYING, I'M FUCKING MAD NOW, THANK YOU user.

Why are these people even allowed to drive in the first place?
How did they get their licence?

>he doesn't want abs
Abs+Hicas is the best accident avoidance combo you can have. It's saved me on the open road form illegal pull outs multiple times

Threshold braking outperforms ABS. ABS also fails hard on some surfaces like ice. Of course, the average retard doesn't know how to handle either, so they want these things.

Whats so special about power steering its basically on every car after the 70s

The driving education there is a joke

It makes steering at low speeds easier. That's it. Also can be a bitch to repair or replace, but engines tend to go first. Nothing wrong with having it, just added it in because the other guy mentioned it.

T-this is all fake, isn´t it?

Sure thing

youtube.com/watch?v=7Mi-se6_59Y

You can threshold brake without activating abs. I do this on the touge all the time. Abs is for an emergency and I would be a fool to say I could get out of any of the situations i have been in without it

Why don´t you remove speedlimits on mountain passes and wait for the problem to solf itself?

SUBARU HILL ASSIST
>literally bad rev hang in 1st and 2nd gear

I know what it is and it helps at any speed( I have driven a lada 2107)
But hardly any cars exist nowadays that arent rusted to shit without power steering

Don't worry self driving cars will be a reality by 2020 thanks to our Lord and Savior Elon Musk.

>helps at any speed
No, it's almost pointless at high speeds because there is little to no resistance. The wheels are rolling so they're able to turn more freely than at low speeds where they need to slide more. This is why some systems reduce power or turn off altogether at high speeds.

>0:24 lets off the brakes and can steer
>0:30 dives out of the car because they're all fucking retarded
That person should have their license revoked.

youtube.com/watch?v=hZL6OKwQGew

>expecting women to know how to drive

Seriously though, the bar needs to be set higher. Way higher. Not everyone is cut out for it.

>TV's have comparable to compuer complex operatings systems
>cars nowadays have computer like operating systems and have built in GPS and other measurements and monitors
>probably some other things that really don't need a computer like operating system with other measurements that really aren't necessary
Is it bad if this kind of stuff makes me concerned?

The other car nonchalantly pulling out at the end is the best part.

>I'm losing control over the car I better take both hands and hold them over my face"

I occasionally try to trigger people by holding both hands up in the air. I have my foot on the brake of course and am ready to grab the wheel.

Multiple studies show that when an activity becomes less risky, people act more recklessly to compensate. The people who are the worst drivers are the ones with the safest cars.

Not only the safest, but the most expensive as well.

Teslas, BMW SUVs, Audi SUVs etc

She forgot to put her seatbelt on.

lolz

It also seems she forgot she was operating a vehicle

>Car has EFI
>Doesn't have to choke start
Curse those e-nannies!

>car has headlights
>doesn't have lanterns

REEEEE

>She forgot to put her seatbelt on.
How? All modern cars in the USA are required to have a seatbelt warning if the car is in drive. She didn't forget. She just ignored the warning light glowing red on her dash.

My car records in the log if seatbelts are worn or not. So if the insurance or police check, they will see if the belts are worn before making their ruling on why people were injured.

>car logs everything that you do or don't

I'll newer get one of those new automobiles

>sometimes I have to have a few beers to calm my nerves
>I'm a regular hit and run artist

This guy is actually dangerous. I've ran a couple of reds accidentally but I would NEVER drink and drive and I avoid speeding as well.

What's shocking to me is that this guy admits to breaking the law and endangering others. This guy doesn't need rehab, he's an old fart. He needs to get off the road asap.

I'm pretty sure this was in Russia.

I've always thought the same thing. People who grew up driving assisted cars like this will be so fucked if they ever have to drive something else. I'm lucky that I learned to drive on a stick shift F150 with hand crank windows.
80,000 miles later and I'm still driving her

>I love my anemic ugly truck

Cranking your own windows definitely makes you a better driver. My first car had manual windows and now I have track day every week.

>I'm pretty sure this was in Russia.
A lot of new cars sold in the USA have subscription services you can purchase from the manufacturer. In order to support those services, the cars have the feature built in to phone home their information.

Toyota and several other car companies have even developed a new car app system which runs only apps that they approve. This is to compete against Apple and Android apps and shut them out of the market. The car apps will do additional features and of course collect data for the companies. They may also require subscription fees.

I just used that as an example of how basic my truck was. I was surprised it had a CD player

Did you think I was being sarcastic or something? I'm serious. If you don't crank your own windows you're a cuck.

hill assist is nice if you have a light clutch, the rest is trash

I'm making sure my next shitbox at least has hill assist.

Backup camera if I go camaro.

Those backup warning sensors are pretty good. The closer you get, the more strident they get. I regret not buying the highest options for my car and getting the backup camera and sensor package.

>hill assist
Jesus

>driving millennial college chick home
>she starts looking around, on the door, middle console, around her seat
>ask her what she's looking for
>"the window knob"
>point to the crank

>SHE BOOPS THE CRANK KNOB

>at this point I wish the airbag facepalmed me
>"you have to crank that to get the window down."
>"haha, user, seriously? that's funny, this car is this old?"

I can't fucking believe I am supposed to be part of the same generation like her. I refuse to believe 85s are still millennials.

Does nobody see how these features do nothing but enable bad drivers?

My dad kept telling me never to buy a RWD car because when he was a kid learning RWD, ZERO DRIVER ASSISTS. Maybe power brakes and probably power steering. I drive an RWD car with all of the goodies (ABS/TCS/LSD/power everything) but none of the nanny-features. I've driven a manual car with a hill assist, like what the fuck, it applies the rear brakes on a hill while stopped assuming I don't know how to drive?

Ditto for lane departure garbage and radar based automatic braking systems, I find them to be intrusive to normal driving, but what about when idiots find it to be "normal" and you can drive everywhere with only 30-40% attention?

>Does nobody see how these features do nothing but enable bad drivers?

I keep saying the same but apparently no one seems to care.
The driver gets less and less involved in the operation of the vehicle. Then something happens and the shit driver is supposed to do the right thing instantly while he's still mentally in the process of leaving his social media posting.

The constant gear changing, doing this and that, checking windows and mirrors instead of one displays kept the driver busy and aware of the driving.

It's laughable how cars get safer and safer due to better materials, better constructions and engineering but then he probability of accidents increases accordingly due to pampered shit drivers and view obstructing elephant leg sized pillars and slits instead of windows.

I drive a 1986 car, I don't have any of those. don't even have airbags