It's time to finally settle this once and for all

Why does Veeky Forums hate Korean cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZD2pBeXY6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They weren't very good until recently, Veeky Forums only cares about the 80s and 90s.

they think its the 2000s still

Korean cars have come a long way since the 90s
in the 2020s or 2030s we will be having the same arguments about Chinese cars

Because the sea of Japan belongs to JAPAN

Not OP but this was the harvest of my strawpoll thread.

Veeky Forums loves jap cars, no surprise.

I'm surprised HP beat out torqueny that much.

Torque by that much**. Stupid autocorrect.

Shit durability to winter

dang Veeky Forums isnt as retarded as I thought

guess vocal minority ruins the image

>tfw actually developed a bond with this piece of shit after owning it

Nice gook twingo

>34 votes

Truly the voice of an entire board

it is literally 88,44% more significant than your opinion

They have come a long way but they are still completely unremarkable, they are appliance cars.

Korean cars went from garbage to mediocre when Japanese cars when from great to mediocre.

Like American cars, they're terrible and unreliable.

Good by american standards; I'd rather drive a hyundai or a daewoo than a chevy or a lincoln, but they don't meet european standards.

Most of them are pretty uninteresting econoboxes, which is really nothing that exciting. Until quite recently, they also were pretty poor in term of build quality and did not have beefier version like european hot-hatches and the like. They were clearly not trying to tap into the market of enthusiasts, so logically enthusiasts did not care about them.
While build quality has improved over the last decade, Korea is still pretty anal when ot comes to regulations for car makers, the same way France was for a long time, so I wouldn't expect much change in some aspects. Don't hope for a korean sport car because it's not going to happen.

if they didnt meet euro standars then your couldnt buy them in europe

moron

Put a bike engine in it and go fast.

My girlfriends 2003 Optima was very nice. 2.7L V6 liked to rev, and had respectable torque, very comfy cruiser, smooth and refined. Around 190k miles, water pump seized, overheated and we fixed it but it still kept getting warm but not hot. Sold it.

Friends dad.has a '12 Accent and it warped a valve or something, cause the timing chain got buggered up.

>2003 Optima was very nice
>liked to rev
>had respectable torque
>very comfy cruiser
>smooth and refined.

none of that is correct

Derivative and boring.

They just follow other countries cars.

BTFO lvl over 9000

I'd sooner buy a new gearbox for it though, it's utter shit, but at this point it would probably be financially wise to just buy a new car.

Also a new battery, current one runs out of power hella fast and I have to beg for a jumpstart.

It's fucking headlights are even slanted

>those badges

Because they don't have any admirable domestic car culture which interests and inspires petrolheads abroad.
Cars are just status symbols for 99% Koreans to showcase how privileged they are in their insular class society, which is nothing but a third world mentality t bh.

Also most Korean cars are knock-offs of popular European/ Japanese cars for cheap uncultured people solely developed by European/ Japanese engineers and designers who transferred to Hyundai Kia from other major brands.

youtube.com/watch?v=LZD2pBeXY6Q

and btw on the status symbol argument it's so retarted that you have no room for variability, CEOs for example will all buy the same shitbox.

>I heart tuning
what the fuck does this bitch know about tuning

the japs do the same except their shitbox is literally the same since the '60s

And the Russian car that was shit ran for 70 years almost. Including the VW Beetle which still is being produced (which still sucks).

The only reason why people buy Korean shit is because it is (usually) the cheapest of the lot.

My gripe at that is that since people can buy heavy machines (cars) that are easily replaceable (because Kia/Hyundai) is that all their driving skills goes out the window. Here in Texas, they are the most annoying group of people in the early mornings when I drive (other than german cars and liftkit pickups)

No motorsports programs and you can tell by the way the cars drive.

I reckon. HP is just a factor of torque and RPM. Fucking cucks.

i had a korean motorcycle it was a complete dog

perhaps 2/3 of Veeky Forums does actually understand simple 9th grade physics... huh.

no do anything good and full of cheap plastic like korean woman

Torque is just HP/RPM

No it's not.

>Torque xRPM/ 5252 =HP

You can work out the rest for yourself.

i really like my tiburon, pretty underrated in terms of styling, has gr8 profile m8s

>needing some obnoxious scaling factor because your basic units of measurement are fucking mess

It's literally a Korean Eclipse, but worse