Veeky Forums Dreams

How often do you have the "brakes don't work well" dream?

Way too fucking often. I never seem to crash. Always just makes me panic and it barely stops at the last second, or the object I was going to hit moves (I.g. Car infront of me goes from a dead stop to moving) so I barely avoid a collison. It's always super important for me to be driving too, as in I cant just pull over and stop driving because its too urgent to stop.

my brakes literally dont work

fun to drive

When I drive while I'm dreaming, I always drive like I've never been in the driver's seat before (except I can shift without screwing something up).

>driving onto curved overpass, fail to steer hard enough and go through the concrete barrier over the edge

>attempt to drive a miata (which I never had) out of a the parking lot of a hunting lodge themed restaurant (which I've never been to), dive through a nearby fair and eventually skid onto the road, because I'm really lying on my back so my brain puts that into the dream by having me lie in a fully reclined seat that the car doesn't have

>attempt to drive some kinda golf cart or rear engined van in the middle of Armageddon, get stuck in a ditch trying to get onto a road

>generally swerve violently and crash into stuff all the time.

I don't know why it's always like this, I don't hate driving or something, and I'm always good at flying airplanes while dreaming despite never having done so.

Most of my dreams involve getting stabbed in the stomach and waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweat only to take a dump.

I had one where my gas wasn't working.

>dreaming im at work
>random people in the building
>confront them
>go to take it outside
>more people outside
>see my car, I'd be safer in there
>pull a knife
>grab the only guy standing between me and my car and stab him in the stomach as much as I can
>still in dreamland so everything I do seems slow and sluggish
>make it to car, turn it on
>try to drive into them to scare them off (I don't know what's wrong with me)
>car barely moves
>they end up scattering
>park in a different spot
>hear sirens in the distance, getting closer
>try to hide in car
>police SUV drives up (they're going fast but I can't)
>more people get out with automatic weapons
>one sprays my car
>wake up
>realize there's probably something wrong with me
>go back to bed

I always dream I'm climbing up a steep hill and the car just wont make it. I'm talking like a street thats straight up.

Maybe it's because I work hard and never achieve my goals in real life.

YES jesus christ

I always dreamabout the local nuclear powerplant (tihange) blowing up.
It isnĀ“t even irrational, since it litteraly has cracks in the core and is fucking old.

I carry Iodine pills where ever I do and always have my car or my moped close to me and fueled up.
I carry 20L (about gallons) of fuel in my car additionaly to the 35L (9Gallon) fuel tank, allowing me to drive up to 1500km, but at least 500km without refueling.

I had the "spun bearing" dream the other night.

>_>

Never had a 'brakes don't work' dream, only the 'driving too fast down a dirt road and wake up as your hitting a tree' dream

a dream i had as a kid was ending up in the drivers seat of my dad's manual ranger and I had no idea how manual worked back then

OH MY GOD

I ALWAYS HAVE THIS ONE

Wew, never knew this was an actual common 'thing' that people had
I stopped having those dreams when I turned 16, got my license, and started regularly driving. I think it was just simply pure anxiety over driving that I had since I was a kid for some reason. It was always
>driving a car thats way too big for me
>struggling to see over the dash (even though I was always tall for my age irl)
>rear end a car
>car in front goes fucking flying into the sidewalk as if its a videogame
>freak out
>i mean freak the fuck out like crazy, immense dread
>hit the gas and make a run for it
>wake up

Literally never.
Now, the non-stop shitting dream. Have it all the time. It means that I really have to use the bathroom. :|

Constantly. Like once a month if not more. I'm driving and I slam the pedal and it drops to the floor and nothing happens. It's stupid shit like stopping at a stop light, not even a huge accident, but it happens and I wake up in cold sweats thinking about fucking up my insurance record.

>not speeding up like a maniac in your dream

faggot your picture scared me really hard

just remember that its all a joke and to not look behind you

I already did, it's not funny

but did you double check

I fucking made a 360 twice to be sure fuck off

This, and i still drive like a madman

Mine are always transmission related kek

My bad car dream is always that the steering wheel turns into limp rubber and stops working.

>fall asleep in parked car
>get sleep paralysis
>imagine I'm pulled out of my car, injected with a needle and assfucked
>tfw I enjoyed it

Dude, you got cool dreams.

I get it all the time. Boring car, boring traffic, boring driving but you just can't stop the car.

Before I got my license

>driving red Eclipse with black roof and Enkei wheels
>car is moderately tuned
>drive like an idiot around a road a few towns over
>get pulled over
>have no license
>get arrested
>wake up feeling like absolute fucking shit, as if I had actually been arrested for reckless driving
>have similar dream only with ST204 Celica a month before getting license

I did get my license a few years ago, though, but the horrible car dreams don't stop
This was January

>get weird Hyundai Sonata powered solely by electricity
>handles fine
>even has cool radio
>start driving it around
>cut it really close with parked cars
>after making a turn, the brakes and steering stop working and all the lights dim
>car drives itself through stops and around corners, still cutting close to parked cars
>realize that the people whose cars I kept passing are following me home
>try to get away and to my house
>car only has a top speed of 25 MPH or so, still shutting off at stop signs and through intersections
>get to my house
>park on the street
>try to hide under covers
>wake up with heart pounding
>the only thing that brought me back to reality was an airplane flying overhead

BTW, I fucking hate Eclipses and Hyundai. Kinda weird.

My bad dream usually involves losing control and rolling or sliding off the road into a body of water. I wake up as water and broken glass pour into the car.

>Hmmm,
>Car/o/ related dreams

I only get one and it terrifies me throughout the night
Stolen car, rims, or just car is gone and don't have a car

>or just car is gone and don't have a car
Being a busrider is Veeky Forums's worst nightmare.

I don't have the 'brakes don't work well' dream. What I have is somehow much more horrifying.

>Be dreaming me
>Get in car
>Start
>Go for drive
>Race past all the green lights on empty street.
>No such thing as red
>Life is good
>Look around for burger joint
>Look back at road
>Ask myself "did shit just get smaller"
>Realize I'm not in the front seat, I'm in the back, without a driver.
>Whatthefuck.jpg
>Wake up before inevitable collision.

>>try to hide under covers
>>wake up with heart pounding
>>the only thing that brought me back to reality was (blank)
I hate this feeling

Pretty often actually. Also, that picture is giving me creeps.

I get the occasional brakes don't work dream, but I recently started playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Now I just dream about drifting.

mostly nightmares about check engine light and oil light and the car breaking while i'm driving it. its almost always when its nearly night time in the dream. This particular one was pretty weird.
>driving my buddy's RX8
>all gauge warning lights + hazards light up at once
>ohshit
>car is driving fine, but am really worried/anxious/sweating in the dream
>slowly pull up to the curb and open up the bonnet
>mfw half the engine bay is missing
>no tanks for fluids, no radiator, no air intake. Just engine, wires and tubes
>pull out the dipstick to check oil level
>oil is fucking pure red all the way up to half the dipstick
>wtf.jpg
>put it back in the hole and look at side of car
>notice that there are no brakes on the car
>my friends looking at me weirdly
>wake up confused

My tires are always slashed.

Always when I'm backing up!
>Car drives fine
>go to back up
>no fucking brakes
>can't fucking see what's back there either
>panic

>be dreaming
>car running fine
>wake up
>back to reality, problem after problem

H-hold me bros

>doing hektik dagumi down the local toegay
>heel-toe like a pro, sliding my car in the perfect line around even the tightest of hairpins
>wake up
>remember my car is a fwd slushbox and I don't know how to drift properly
my nightmare isn't in my sleep

I only have "car decides to take control and flies right into the fucking lake or river".

Sometimes, but luckily nowhere near as often as I used to. Worst one I ever had was making a three point turn in an alley, brakes stop working and my car slowly and painfully scrapes against a brick wall while I panic and desperately pound at the lifeless brake pedal.

>feels bad man

I wish I saw dreams of driving. My dreams are mundane shit like I don't have rent money or like I have to dig out a 90's Golf or Polo hatchback from a pile of snow. I've never owned a VW.

I got a convertible and after using it all my car related dreams are me standing in the middle of the road with traffic

th-thanks