Poorfag buying car

I have about $1600. My parents will front me $400 and with a little begging I might get to $2500. But Id rather get a car as close to my price range as possible.
Ive been looking at this Toyota Solara with 164k miles on it. Its a lot I know but I almost bought a dodge and someone told me 180k miles on a toyota is 50k miles on a dodge.
The catch here is I cant drive a manual. Ive looked into it and it seems simple enough to learn and teach yourself if you have a manual to do it with, but I don't. This is further made worse because the car is in MS and Im in little rock.
northmiss.craigslist.org/cto/5970321422.html
I have family in Memphis so its the only reason I can consider a car so far away. But I have no way of getting it back here without driving it back myself.
Should I keep looking for a different automatic car or keep looking up videos about driving a stick and go for it? At $1800 it feels like a good deal.

Other urls found in this thread:

memphis.craigslist.org/cto/5986468779.html
northmiss.craigslist.org/cto/5986714125.html
memphis.craigslist.org/cto/5999390835.html
jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/5990540309.html
littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/5952197334.html
littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/5982333339.html
littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/5983073952.html
consumerreports.org/cro/cars/car-parts-and-accessories/engine-sludge/index.htm
fayar.craigslist.org/cto/5969608682.html
memphis.craigslist.org/cto/5999107506.html
littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/6006980316.html
memphis.craigslist.org/cto/6003461323.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

164k is nothing for reliable brands

Just buy/get manual from family/friend and learn the basics on that one.
You'll improve over the weeks

>Just buy/get manual from family/friend and learn the basics on that one.
Not an option, Im stuck to videos.

If you can't drive a manual, don't get one. Unless you really plan on learning and want to drive manual for a reason. It sounds like you just need and A-B car. In that case I you can find a cheap Camry or Corolla or Volvo model in auto for that much or cheaper.

Actually, let me try looking for you.
Manual:
memphis.craigslist.org/cto/5986468779.html

northmiss.craigslist.org/cto/5986714125.html
Auto:
memphis.craigslist.org/cto/5999390835.html

jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/5990540309.html

Then buy it. Maybe get someone who can drive the car to your place.
From there on practice.
Autos are nice but not on pure slow shitboxes

Do you have the license for autos only? No need to do the test for manuals? I find that quite brutaly stupid and dangerous desu

>the car is in MS and Im in little rock.
um...why don't you just buy a car in little rock?

The first car looks incredibly beat up and needs some work done to it. Even though it says by owner it looks like its in a place filled with out beat up cars they repaired.
The second car has 340k miles on it and is in the same place as the solara so if Im going their for a manual Id rather just get the solara since it has half the miles. The price difference is alluring but I feel like the toyota would last longer and cost less overall after repairs.
The autos look a little more promising though. The one near jonesboro I'll look more into it. But what did they do to the ceiling.

Youve clearly never been to little rock.

avalon, 160k

lincoln town car, 182k
littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/5982333339.html

corolla 150k

sable, 149k

that was 5 mins on craigs. search some more, and maybe you might find something

Because I want to visit my friend in MS

Why a Solara and not just a regular Camry?

>consumerreports.org/cro/cars/car-parts-and-accessories/engine-sludge/index.htm
The 1MZ V6 has issues with oil gelling.

Im not trying to race my car. I just want something decent that will last a bit.

Ill keep that in mind and use synthetic like the article advises if I get the solara.
Camrys seems to have this toyota tax on them. I cant really find any regular camrys at this price with comparable mileage.

As long as it's been maintained, a non-issue. I have 208k on my '96 ES300 (bought this fall with 203k for $1600). I would by no means dismiss all 1MZ equipped vehicles because of this. In fact OP a Camry/Solara/Avalon/ES300 is just about the perfect choice for you. Prioritize previous owner upkeep/maintenance over miles. Avoid used car lots and car flippers, search for the person who's had the car for a long time and showed some pride of ownership.

Surprising. I figured it'd be the reverse where they charge extra for 2-door models because "it looks sporty".

If you do go with it you'll learn to drive manual on the way back anyway. It's something that gets easier with a bit of practice, and road trips are perfect for that.

Don't forget to save money for registration and insurance.

fayar.craigslist.org/cto/5969608682.html

memphis.craigslist.org/cto/5999107506.html

I prefer Toyotas in terms of how they hold up with higher miles, but Maxima/I30 are a pretty solid bet. Timing chain motors, peppy little bastards. More issues with coils/sensors than 'yotas, auto transmissions are decent. Suspensions less durable and don't ride quite as well, but very cheap to replace with a full set of strut assemblies.

littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/6006980316.html

Asking is outside your limit, but I'm sure it could be talked down. Bring a friend with you to test drive it and drive it home for you, I promise you'll pick it up quickly.

actually I have, although I prefer the smaller town of Mabelvale where my family's from because there are way less niggers, which is beside the point since the other option is fucking MISSISSIPPI????

Ey yo is that a MT ES300?

Nah, auto (unfortunately)

Cars are all on the upper end of my begging range.
Ill still look more into them though. Thanks for the effort.

Memphis is the big alternative. The car only came up because I was looking there as well. Only reason I even found the car is because a similar car was there. Though Im assuming its a scam since you cant reach the person
memphis.craigslist.org/cto/6003461323.html

>Its a lot I know but I almost bought a dodge and someone told me 180k miles on a toyota is 50k miles on a dodge.
W H O R E
H
O
R
E

I dont get it.
Its nice to hear that with maintenance thats not a big issue.

For reliable brands that owners took care of.

Get a panther with low miles.. Ask around church or a relative that goes to church. Someone who owns one died. Not craigslist.

Easy/cheap to work on.. Relatively comfy. Decent gas mileage.