Why would you?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of I-head engines? From what I understand you can only pull 2/3 the torque out of an I-head engine as a DHOC engine of the same size.

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R8_42#Motor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_based_GM_small-block_engine#3.921_in_bore_blocks_.282014_.E2.80.93_current.29
youtube.com/watch?v=dskutHwOy7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I-head
way to talk like a fag.

> From what I understand you can only pull 2/3 the torque out of an I-head engine as a DHOC engine of the same size.
Because a DOHC engine will never be the same size.

> DHOC
> Dual Head Over Cam

Sorry for that typo.

>pros
size
weight
>price
>cons
everything else

Fund it!

Look at a LS V8 compared to a VW 4.7l V8. The LS is physically smaller and puts out more power more reliably. DOHC is a meme.

Somebody get HakunaMiata in here.

what the fuck is an i-head

So the LS engine is a Dual Head Over Cam engine, right?

DOHC has better throttle response, though. That's not something that shows up in a spec sheet, but it's something you'll notice when you drive it. And no, throttle response is not how fast the car accelerates when you put your foot in it.

Also:
>German
>V8
Kill it with fire.

>ice in 2017
lmao @ ur life

German V8 > muh vee ate

If we compare the 4,3L LS1 (OHV) with the 4,2L Audi V-8 FSI (DOHC) we see that the Audi has 309kW, when the LS1 has only 221kW.
So the DOHC engine has more power, in this case almost 50% more than slightly bigger OHV engine.
It is able to archive that due to a higher rev range and better flow.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R8_42#Motor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_based_GM_small-block_engine#3.921_in_bore_blocks_.282014_.E2.80.93_current.29

An OHV engine I'm guessing

I Think OP means L-heads also known as flatheads.

If you manage to kill a flathead then you know something the rest of the world doesn't.

Try to boost a old flathead or donĀ“t check the valve clearance for some time and it is fucked.

Nigga I've watched flatheads with stuck valves run like a champ.

>Try to boost a old flathead
youtube.com/watch?v=dskutHwOy7U

my god
that is glorious

the weakpart of the flathead is the crank
if i recall it had only 3 main bearings

>when the blower is bigger than the engine.

By all accounts flatheads should rip out the crankshafts if boosted but cars were made with some stout metal back then

4*
And even though that's the case, blown flatheads are fairly common.
They were even supercharging them back when flatheads were relevant.

i really dont know how the bottom end just doesn't explode. anyway if i wanted a special snowflake engine i would get an air cooled diesel and build it.
i saw one once in a C20 and thought it was just amazing to see no radiator.

tfw no aircooled v8

but no turbo! id pass.

>mfw no flat 6 turbo
>aircooled

ill pushrods up your arsehole boy.

its about 800hp
all air cooled