15-50k+ Car buying guide

I know there is the 5k buy chart for poors, but what about a chart for people with a non-shitty income? Where is their chart? Just because we have money doesn't mean it shouldn't be spent wisely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XlmxgpLAChI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just buy a 911 or a corvette

the sticky is shit and hopelessly outdated
>recommending a nissan sentra
all i remember from that car is the undercarriage audibly falling apart bit by bit with each drive. Why place that piece of shit in but not a mazda3? Hyundai and KIA are surprisingly okay now too, not amazing but good for something that just werks and is relatively cheap.

.etc .etc .etc

cash or financing? what are your needs? what do you drive now?

Cash to own, financing a car is never a good idea.
I'm driving a Lexus gx 470, which is nice, standard Lexus comfort. I don't have kids though (hense the extra money) so I am looking for something a bit smaller

this

Fuck smaller. Enjoy yourself and buy a nice sporty car.

I'd personally recommend the new Mustang s550. I have a 2017 GT Premium.

They're insanely better than previous generation Mustangs. They sound amazing, look amazing, turn heads, are comfortable, easy to mod, reliable, etc. Nothing but good reviews.

You can get one fully loaded in the 40,000's.

I bought a GT Premium with paddle shifters that also came with some kind of optional wheels. It had 4 miles on the odometer and I got $1500 off, spent $37,395 plus tax.

435hp and 400tq, IRS, reliable Coyote engine and inexpensive maintenance like foreign cars, leather, track apps, drive modes, electronic line-lock, and more all for under $39,000.

>crash at 40mph
>die

>paddle shifters

You mean its an Automatic transmission with 2 pedals that lets you suggest what gear to be in?

Why even bother you should have gotten a fully loaded accord instead

Anyone with a decent income can think for themselves.

>financing a car is never a good idea

This is completely false. If you can use your cash on hand to make investments that will give a greater return percentage than the interest on your loan then it would be silly not to finance. My last car loan was 1.9% APR. That means if I can make more than a 2% return per year on my money then I'm outpacing the interest. And 2% is nothing for a year. I can make a 2% return on my cash in hand every other week, meaning I'll outpace the interest ~25 times over the course of a year.

Whats the point of manual if modern automatics are faster? Why would you buy what is ultimately an inferior product?

Also, generally the manuals are weaker and more prone to issues like

>muh clutch replacements

Manual fags don't listen to reason. There's really no point trying to argue with them.

I make 40k.
Just bought a Tahoe so In december, I can haul a 69 mustang to my garage and put unholy amounts of horsepower in it.

I wonder how many people who finance actually invest with the money they don't use for the car

My guess is that number is pretty damn low

I forget that this isn't Veeky Forums sometimes

Anyone i know who buys the financing meme definitely do not invest money. People who borrow money for a depreciating asset tend to not place investing as a priority in my experience.
t. aspiring jew in a shitbox

I hope the first mod you did was 5% tints so no one can fuckin laugh at the paddles on your steering wheel

Regardless, financing is really only a meme if two conditions are met

1) If your interest rate is high: 5% APR and up is high

2) If your insurance is much higher as a result of financing i.e. mandatory extensive coverage on insurance

I have great credit so I get very low APR loans and I keep full coverage insurance on all my vehicles anyway so financing really doesn't affect me.

But if your credit is bad and you're going to pay 25% interest over the life of the loan with exorbitantly high insurance rates on a vehicle that you otherwise wouldn't have extensive coverage on then and only then does financing become a meme.

That being said, a non poorfag buying guide/chart would be a nice addition to the sticky.

Many normies dont meet that criteria but that would be a responsible use of credit. But yes an updated of middle tier cars would be nice for those with the appropriate income / credit

Credit for me is more of preference. Id rather pay no interest with the tradeoff of more upfront capital needed and more oppurtunity cost. Both methods have trade offs.

I dont have paddles, just a regular 6 speed auto in my car and let me tell you, I have won every "race" against the same car with a manual.

Stock v stock. every. time.

You know why?

Because the auto is tuned for the perfect shift point, computers obviously can shift better than people. It was not always like this but modern automatics certainly can shift faster and better.

^^^ youtube.com/watch?v=XlmxgpLAChI

For me, I find driving a manual is fun. I don't need any other reason than that. Sure, an automatic might be able to switch gears faster but I personally don't care

ahahahaha FUCK YOU

Automatics have economy in mind, usually do not redline and can't instantly drop multiple gears.

Thats a fair point but most cars have a "sport" mode just like mine does and it redlines every gear.

I dont know about dropping down multiple gears that may be one advantage a manual has.

This. Being rich doesn't mean having a lot of money, it means being good with money. Inverse for poor people