Comfy Cars

So i'm getting into a position of relative financial security in life and finally upgrade from my 95 truck i've driven my entire life.

I don't want to go new because of "muh value" memes and why pay $500 a month for an A-B machine.

So now i'm thinking what used cars that are 2005/2006 or newer that I can get relatively cheap without a ton of miles.

>Wants
Good MPG
Comfy feels
Good radio/sound system
Easy to self wrench should I have to

>Extras
Bluetooth for my pandora/spotify
Zippy, not fast. I want some power to get up and go but not get pulled over for speeding.

>Hard Mode
Under $8k and 100k miles or lower.

Other urls found in this thread:

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2010-Pontiac-Vibe-c21579
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My first thought is a Toyota Echo/Yaris or Scion xA. You'd have to add in a radio with bluetooth or pandora/spotify.
They're zippy due to their low weight.
and if you want more power, there's decent aftermarket support.
trd toyota echo

Recently got a 2011 Ford escape XLT I4 4x4, fully optioned, for $5k. 84k miles. Comfy leather interior, Bluetooth, decent mpg, not as slow as some econoboxes, lots of space. Yes I got a deal on it but if you can find one in your price range it's a nice DD

>echo/yaris
They're small and fuel efficient, but the interior varies from bland to disgusting, the engines sound awful, and they look pretty gross. Not comfy at all.

Really easy. The 1.3 has 86hp, which is more than enough to burn tires at a stoplight.

Not suited for long rides, but perfect commuters. Will not let you down.

>Not comfy at all.
depends on the suspension.
standard suspension is pretty comfy. The TRD suspension is a lot stiffer though.

I was talking "comfy", not just a comfortable ride.

Have you considered Mitsu Lancers? The newer models are really nice to drive.

given that he said truck, you can assume OP is American. The first gen Yaris was sold as a sedan/coupe called the Echo. And they came only with the 105 HP 1.5L.
The Coupe was American and Canadian market only (Canada had the coupe from 2000 to 2002) while Japan and Australia also got the sedan.

So they had the worst versions.
The 1.3L is the best. After about thirty minutes the engine is warmed up, changes sound and the vvt-i kicks in.
And all the maintenance you need to do is fill up with petrol.

03-09 accords can be has for this price. Leather interior is comfy and there are lots of available tech options. Stay away from auto v6 as they had some issues. Decent power and reliability. Huge aftermarket support

>And all the maintenance you need to do is fill up with petrol.
Horseshit.

Changing the oil, filter, brake fluid, spark plugs, fuel filter, and coolant at specified intervals is always necessary. Drive belts, brake pads, tyres, etc. applies for any car as well.

Maintenance is not the same as parts failures; the Yaris is pretty good in terms of reliability, but like any car it must be maintained.

OP is indeed American.

Those are a given and I assume he means it's not going to break down all the time.

I see 86 hp and i'm thinking of a geo metro and how I will cry at redlights as I go 0-10 in 20 seconds.

Maybe depends on area because the "best" escape for power/comfort is the 2005ish model and those go for $6-8k here. The 2011 had a lot of power drained for comfort but the MPG still is not there. That or I am thinking of the 2008/9 model.

I'm guessing same issue with the 1.3L vs american variants.

How about the Saturn Ion (non redline)?

I don't care if my car is compact, mid/full size sedan. I just want to avoid the literal 13 MPG I get with my old 95 truck. It's paid off so I won't get rid of it in case I need to haul stuff/move furniture myself.

I thought about impala but do not want to deal with the crown vic issues of everyone thinks I am a cop. And I don't really need 300 HP for commuting to my job that is less than 15 minutes away.

Yeah.

I would love some more input.

>How about the Saturn Ion (non redline)?
I own one.
Avoid 2003-2004 automatic models like the fucking plague. If you HAVE to go automatic, 2005-2007.
Otherwise, the 5 speed manual is bulletproof.
I like my Ion. But I do have a complaint.
>rattlerattlerattlerattlerattlerattle

Get an old boat
Something like an early 2000s buick lasabre or mercury grand marquis
Yeah it doesn't fit all your criteria but nothing beats those cars comfy levels

Can't go wrong with a Fiesta. Only thing the Mk6 models are missing is the Bluetooth, but some have an aux port.

The Mk7 models will be more expensive, but come with Bluetooth. There should be quite a few under £8K now

Get a bigger car with at least a 2.4L motor user. The Civics and Corollas and Fiestas save fuel, but man you have to drive the piss out of them. The 1.6-1.8L engines get strained to get moving, and struggle to cruise at 75mph.

Whereas a 2.4/ 2.5L Accord or Camry does it wonderfully. Then I had her test drive a V6 Accord and she fucking loved the low end torque, and how smooth and effortless it is to get going up to speed. None of that rev up to 4k rpm bullshit to barely get scooting. That was the weaker 3.0L V6. I test drove a 3.5L V6 and enjoyed it quite a bit more than I thought I would. An Avalon is next to drive.

Torque is a wonderful thing. And gas is cheap. Going from 36 MPG to maybe 28 won't be so bad.

I suggest driving both a 2.4L Accord, and a 3.0L Accord. The 3.5L's will cost thousands more, and is a heavier, bigger car.

And get a sedan, the coupe's aren't sports cars, and have all the con's of a coupe, but none of the benefits.

I would love for your inept millennial ass to yourself.

2010 Pontiac Vibe with 2.4L, fwd, and auto. Might have to dump some money into audio. A lot of the owners are geezers, so they aren't beat to shit.
cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2010-Pontiac-Vibe-c21579

Get a lexus

I did that pic so why don't you consider the focus mk1, I personally have the TDDI version which I paid 1500€ and it's even cheaper to run, with comfiness included

>not posting the comfiest hot hatch

>DIN-slot radio
>60mpg
>toyota engine
>under one ton of weight
>accelerates fine
>110mph+
>2000-3000€ under 100.000km

for some reason C1/106/Aygo are ridiculously overpriced

Name a cheaper car that fits todays pollution regulations that gets as good mpg as a C1/107/108/Aygo.

in my country we don't give a damn about pollution regulations

Ok, than name one car as efficient and fast as the C1/107/108/Aygo.

i guess you got me. maybe something like this but i don't remember the last time i've seen one

>all the cons of a coupe
>none of the benefits
The Accord Coupe looks dang good tho

The og v6 accord is an excellent car, 200hp 200 tork, for less than an integra gsr

>ITT: tire kickers

Oddly had a different experience.

Looks extremely comfy

Problem is, can it be found in America?

Maybe a euro thing but most of the focus seem pretty crummy here.

Pretty much this for every car I've owned.
>Nissan
>RX*
>Honda
Pretty much only Subaru has a valid aftermarket scene and I deliberately don't buy one because I can't afford to rally it every weekend.

suzuki kizashi

any hot hatch ever + aftermarket head unit w/buletoob

just stop posting here

story of my life...