Direct injection

>direct injection

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4
youtube.com/watch?v=k-Ic9TcY-ms
youtube.com/watch?v=hrL6ZS56gkE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Carburetor fags pls go

Isn't direct injection like sticking your dick into a tube and having the piss go into the toilet water vs Carburetors which is like having someone with a shower-head dick aim at the toilet spraying piss everywhere?

Pretty much.

hmm

Only that you are sucking the piss out of said dick. In direct injection the piss comes out because of penis pump.

>sucking the piss out

Daily reminder that the only possible flaw you can point out with DI is EGR, and EGR is cancer regardless of your fuel delivery method. If you've owned your car for more than a month and you haven't disabled the EGR system, you should strongly consider suicide.

>Wanting the engine to overheat with it's mediocre oil pump.

Wew
e
w

What does that have to do with anything? EGR has exactly nothing to do with the lubrication or cooling systems.

It does however deal with the quality of burn, and the cleaner the burn the hotter the cylinder because that is how energy is.

It's more like

DIRECT INJECTION
>sex without a condom, she lets you finish inside

FUEL INJECTION
>sex without a condom, but she makes you pull out

CARBURETORS
>lonely masturbation in your mom's basement

EGR is disabled when you floor the engine anyway,and only improves your MPG when no flooring it.

>penis pump

EGR is a NOx emissions control tool.
It is not for hardware protection.

>low displacement direct injected turbo engines

Except the fuel isn't sucked out with a carburetor.

>want V6 Camaro for godly exhaust sound
>Engine has direct injection
iktf

>>want V6 Camaro for godly exhaust sound

1/10 low quality bait

Um no? A better burn is cooler but lasts longer

EGR is good as it warms the car faster so you can get on it faster. A good blat gets rid of the carbon deposits and the chances of it failing in the stuck open position are low

>he doesnt know about the new v6 camaro's exhaust sound

Would port injection be like pissing into the toilets tank

You have no actual knowledge of the subject
Stop posting immediately

youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4

Nope. All it does is displace O2 at low load, giving you sort of the effect of variable displacement.

Yes, but the actual effectiveness is minimal, and it causes all sorts of shit to build up in your intake tract, especially if you don't have fuel injected into intake system to act as a solvent.

EGR would make you car warm up slower because you have less air getting sucked in and exploded. That's why it's disabled on startup. WOT doesn't clear carbon deposits in any measurable way; that's just an excuse to drive like an asshole for people who feel like they need a plausible justification to hoon.

Direct injection without port injection = just fuck my valve seats and faces up

Most new engines use valve phasing or lift to produce EGR effect (push exhaust back into intake manifold to cool charge) so you get that nice carbon deposit buildup regardless.

>indirect injection

>internal combustion

Where else would it go?

Who are you faggot?

Have you never heard of an Italian tune up? Also EGR pumps exhaust into the plenum to heat the car faster and is disabled while the car is running at temperature

Not that guy, but you have absolutely no fucking idea what the function of an EGR is.

>inline 8 engine

I am that guy
I calibrate engines for an OEM, you suck cock

hello is this 1930s

Italian tuneup is an excuse to hoon someone else's car, and that's the opposite of what EGR does.

Remind me to never have my engine tuned by you, you big fat liar.

you couldn't afford me anyway

All i can hear is "im not a v8 camaro!"

oem tunes suck dick

keep sucking the epas cock

>forced twitch memes
fuck off back to twitch

>you mad?
stay mad.
kek

Sure thing, I'll bet your dad is a Porsche mechanic too.

>not going full throttle with that anemic v6 pile of trash on that almost empty road

in addition to having a shit tier engine, it also has shit tier handling

>AND RETARDED FAGGOTS WILL STILL BUY IT

GDI is one of the best methods to improve fuel economy and performance.

>GDI is one of the best methods to improve fuel economy and performance.
would you like to cite some sources friend?

It is literally the opposite. EGR creates carbon deposits, constant mid-high rpm burns them up.

Exhaust Gas Recirculation
My car has it and I've had it in bits before. I know what it does and how it works.

Which one? Lada?

>external combustion

>engines

This

>bought a car with GDI
>previous gen was port injected
>thought I had port injection
>now have 100k miles on DI engine

I honestly cant image how bad the intake ports look.

>My car has it and I've had it in bits before
Both my car's had it, one of them I removed, the other I've electrically deactivate (after cleaning anyway). As a bonus both vehicles experience far less turbo lag as all the exhaust gasses are routed to where they should be going.
I also deal with their shit often at work between trucks and machinery of which cannot be deactivated without the risk of a severe penalty.
>I know what it does and how it works.
You absolutely have no fucking idea what it is or how it works if you think the sole purpose of EGR is "helping an engine warm up" you peon.

I agree with the mid-high rpm thing to a degree though, the machines that are constantly worked hard doing quarry work have far less issues in the way of carbon build up than the ones that are feathered doing final trim work. However, once a carbon build up has occurred, you cannot simply "blow the cobwebs out". The intake must be cleaned properly.

>Carburetors which is like having someone with a shower-head dick aim at the toilet spraying piss everywhere?
No it's more like the toilet giving you a blowjob.

They sound righteous.

youtube.com/watch?v=k-Ic9TcY-ms

Friendly reminder mechanical indirect injection is the only way to go.

really gets my noggin joggin'

Carburetor: someone literally sucking the piss out of your bladder

Single-point injection: pissing into someone's mouth

Multi-point injection: pissing into someone's mouth via a hole in their cheek

Direct injection: pissing directly into someone's stomach via a hole in their throat

Hope this cleared everything up.

Is that the new Corolla? It sounds like it's dying with every revolution.

hahhaahhahaahah

>6666
holy shit devil has spoken the truth

EGR recirculates exhaust gasses back into the cylinder in order to displace oxygen, reducing the power and therefore heat generation of the engine. It does this to limit the generation of oxides of nitrogen which are created in a hot combustion chamber due to a lean burn.

So it's there to cool things down, not heat them up, and it's disabled when the car is warming up.

High RPM use does nothing to prevent or fix carbon buildup, that's just a plausible excuse for mechanics to hoon the piss out of their customers' supercars.

I work for a carline who is fazing direct injection into more & more models each year. The clacking sound from the engines at start up are annoying as hell. The smaller the engine the more annoying the clack. The models that have direct injection for a few years have ridiculous carbon build up when any engine work is done. The only way I would even consider driving one is a lease or short term. No way are you buying one of those cars & driving it 10 + years without major issues related to excess carbon build up. While it may increase mpg's it is destroying the long term use of major engine components.

>No way are you buying one of those cars & driving it 10 + years without major issues related to excess carbon build up.
All you have to do is disable EGR, whether that involves plugging a port or reprogramming the ECU.

You're actually a fucking autist. If you think that high rpm is burning off the carbon where it needs to, please never touch a car again. The entire point of port injection is that it cleans the intake valve of the carbon from the EGR(pcv). What is fucking cleaning off the inside of the intake valve when you give the car RPM??? Nothing. No fucking gas to dissolve the carbon. Literally autistic. Never experienced this level of retardism in my life. Speechless.

(BMW is doing water methanol injection now, and Lexus has been doing a combination of port and direct injection in the same engine to clean off the fucking garbage. They have recognized the problem. If you think there isn't a problem, you need to seriously consider fucking off.) Go look at the horror that IS250's experience from plain Jane DI

In addition, even with EGR off, the PCV valve is still shooting fucking oil and crankcase fumes into the fucking intake. Gotta throw a catch can on.

No better way to put this. People seem to think that redlining them will dispell the carbon. Not true. Only port injectuon, or some sort of liquid through the intake valve can prevent this issue. Actually, Lexus has a good system called D4-S that combines port and direct injection. In spirited driving, it just fucking dumps gas in and it cleans all the shit out of the engine. Really great design.

That's not what stratified charge is for, but it gets the job done.

negro will you stfu about EGR. EGR doesnt have shit to do with carbon buildup on the intake valves. fuck off.

Where did you think the carbon was coming from?

you dont know shit fuck off

Care to explain where the carbon is coming from if not the EGR system, or are you just going to embarrass yourself tossing around lame insults?

I had a sneaking suspicion you were attempting to troll. Good job, you've achieved your mission objective.

So it's the complete opostite? So deleting it has literally no negatives? Why the fuck does my car get up to temp so fast then?

troll? say that to my face fagit. fight me irl 1v1

The Only negative is it'll produce a few more NOx gasses, and may not pass a sniff test if your state/country mandates them (which is easily reversible for such an occasion).
Done.

Just as well, you wouldnt be able to get here cause there aint no bus lines around here. kek fagit.

What? I'm already here waiting. Guess your shitbox threw a CEL from the miss caused by a sticking valve, and you couldn't make it.

bitch pls that garbage chink gps you bought with your welfare check got you going in circles and you to dumb to realize it

Nothing wrong with my chink GPS m8. I just haven't found a GPS with the location of your basement loaded into it.

>take PCV hose off intake
what happens?

>total loss oil system
Congratulations, you now own a 1914 Indian motorcycle.

>not having a supercharged straight eight

Sorry mate, torsion bars belong in suspension systems, not in crankcases.

I don't think you know what stratified charge means.

Nissan?
Honestly, the clack and knocking isnt going anywhere. Effect of direct injection and HPF pumps.
It's surprising to me that only Toyota (and now Ford) use direct+port systems.

>DIRECT INJECTION
>>sex without a condom, she lets you finish inside
*your cum accumulates in her vagina until she gets cancer
that's direct injection

really makes you think

let me ask you this, why don't diesel engines suffer from valve fouling like GDI engines do?

>what is excessive carbon buildup

Great answer friend, and thank you for partaking.
But the adults are having a discussion.
Why don't you just toddle off and play with the other mentally handicapped children?

Carb is
>Lonely masturbation in the family computer chair that somehow impregnates your sister

>year of our Ford 154
>not impregnating our own kin

Look up "vw tdi carbon build up", or "duramax carbon buildup" or "powerstroke carbon buildup" or whatever modern diesel engine you can think of. Look it up in JewToob

Here is a wee little example
youtube.com/watch?v=hrL6ZS56gkE

Plenty of examples of it happening in Burgerland, the Land of Upside-down Spiders, and Yurop, from multiple brands

Diesel soot is NASTY shit

>MFW I have to face it soon, and am poor, with a unicorn engine with unobtainium-tier gaskets

tell your dad to smear some vaseline on your sphincter next time so you dont need to reflect your butthurt in the comment section of an autistic automotive anime board

this just made me more confused

I don't understand piss fetish.

Infiniti. Same shit though.

It's been said, but you're a fuckwit.

Walnut blasting will clean it out. Then start using water injection to reduce EGT and keep the engine clean.