The great debate

the great debate
should you buy American, or does the JDM invasion reign supreme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=931Ra9m6d2s
youtube.com/watch?v=_y45i0Yi8oo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if I had enough money to buy either one there is not even 0.0001% of me that would lean towards the Fiero

Get a fiero, put aw11 bodykit on it.

If you were looking for a fun 4 door daily driver, would you pick a Toyota Corolla with a 4AGE or a Chevy Citation?

Because the MR2 shared the drivetrain with the Corolla while the Fiero shared with the Citation

American

Not the 88 fiero, it had completely unique suspension. And you can't put a V8, supercharged V6, or basically anything you want in an MR2. If you consider that and availability/rust, the fiero has its own merits.

LMAO I know people love the Fiero + body but A AW11/AE86.TE72 16/20v 4a is better in every regard.

In the comparison test that very picture came from, the MR2 BTFO'd the Fiero in every aspect except price.

You're not making an MR2 fast. If your definition of "fast" is 25k worth of mods to get in the sub 5 seconds 0-60 range I have a charity you can donate to and actually accomplish something you're not embarrassed to admit to.

There's absolutely nothing desirable about Japanese cars other than reliability.

why put a v8 in an mr2 when you can put a v12 in an mr2

The Chevy Citation?
There has never been a better example of quality automotive engineering.
Do you know why the called it a Citation? Because it was a crime NOT to own one and because they were so fucking fast you got a ticket every time you drove it.

All memes aside, the Citation was revolutionary when it came out.
youtube.com/watch?v=931Ra9m6d2s

the only time id bother with American guns or cars is if theyre at least 40 or 50 years old.

everything after that, I prefer foreign

Fiero for looks. MR2 for performance.

Actually a dude put that same motor in his fiero countach replica.

True- and remember the Citation X-1? It had really amazing skidpad numbers.

Yeah but gawdamn it was ugly. And I like boxy cars...

If you're talking about motorcycles, Japanese.
>better cruisers
>normies think they're all Harleys anyway
>change the timing of the engine and straight pipe it and everyone who rides will still not care because whatever you do you, man
>cheaper
>America doesn't make a motorcycle that isn't a Cruiser, unless Buell exists
>but don't buy a Buell because the company will tank again
I wonder what an American sport bike or adventure bike would look like. Shame we'll never know.

American motorcycles

Neither meet reliability expectations, so I'll continue to buy cars designed and built in europe.

id get both if i had cash and time

Japanese cars tend to be well executed with anemic powerplants, whereas American cars are the opposite with lots of power and poor quality control. European cars tend to be unreliable AND underpowered, on top of being more expensive than the other two. If the japs could figure out how to make a cheap, good v8 sports car they would rape the domestic market. Similiarly if the Americans could figure out how to make a small, economical sports car with excellent handling characteristics and a low cost of entry they could take over the tuner market. Europeans really need to go back to the drawing board on everything except luxury.

Here's the problem: Nobody except weebs and 1980s-1990s rally enthusiasts want a Japanese sports car. Otherwise there would be market demand to spend 20-30 million for them to R&D a decent drivetrain and motor. American car companies have designed quite a few cars that can handle well, have power and don't break down. But nobody really bought them so they quit making them. The nips saw this and said why try to corner a market with no demand?

In other words all companies, regardless of where they originate, are going to waste money trying to corner a market with no walls. Yes, they do see it as waste, and do not care about your opinions as they are a corporate entity. There is much more to producing a production car than just because 4 people on a Taiwanese fishing vessel in the sea of memes want one some day when they get to wear big girl panties.

I agree with the statements about Europe though for the most part. Anybody trying to argue the "this one time Aston Martin had V12s" is automatically discredited. If not for the fact they cost a shitfuckton of money then because they have awful taste in sports cars.

Toyota makes a great v8. It's in their trucks and the JDM luxury cars. If I'm rememering right.

Yeah well, at least we can claim soul and passion. You're looking at cars as if they were refridgerators. How well do they do their task and how affordable and reliable are they? What actually makes cars and European cars in particular good to the motor enthusiast though is that you invest a great deal of attention and emotion into them, both during maintenance and during driving. Being reliable and cost effective is what makes appliance econoboxes good, but what makes actual cars good is how involved and invested you are into them on a personal level.

just kys

>when you have no arguments and have to use the muh passion meme

Fuck off

Korean

gooks dont put any effort into their cars anymore and America has rarely made a good car post 80s

But it's true. You will feel drawn towards a Japanese car by rational termination of all options. But you will never feel passionate about a Japanese car. European cars are the ones to feel passionate about.

No it isn't.

>But you will never feel passionate about a Japanese car.

Do you realize how retarded you sound by making such generalization.

i'm european and i want you to stop posting

>Audi
>soul and passion

So close, Mjet. If you had specified BMW and Italian crap you'd have ground to stand on. Now put your trip back on and go jerk off in your 1.3l diesel Fiat.

>If the japs could figure out how to make a cheap, good v8 sports car
>if the Americans could figure out how to make a small, economical sports car with excellent handling characteristics and a low cost of entry

These things happened to a certain degree and could've evolved to be even better in their respective market however is right. When these things are tried they often alienate the people in the market they intend to target.

I really wish Saturn had continued designing in-house econoboxes and improved quickly improve upon the design with each passing generation and making performance "Type R" like performance trims of said econoboxes to fight Honda.

I kinda wish Toyota had sold a V8 Supra to appeal to Corvette buyers. they have the UZ engine so they had their V8 but they never really put it in a sports car and the closest thing we got was the RC-F which is very heavy and is more of a "AMG" car than a V8 sports car.

We will never see things like this because the audience they target won't give either of them the time of day. Tuner fans for the most part aren't going to flock to something like that from Saturn and Corvette fans aren't going to flock to a V8 Toyota sports car no matter how well executed they are.
youtube.com/watch?v=_y45i0Yi8oo
Mosler tried making a homologated exotic super car but of course nobody really took the bite so he could never go further than he did. if people gave it a chance he'd be making Ferrari tier stuff right now. Sad how much potential goes untapped because of stuff like this.

>you will never feel passionate about a Japanese car
tell that to rotary fags