Crossovers

>bad mileage
>slow as shit
>isn't very spacious
>expensive
>99% of the time ugly as sin
>can't off-road
Can some explain to me why crossovers are so popular?

Better to get into and out of than regular cars for old people. Higher seating increases visibility over traffic and therefore perceived safety. Bulky appearance reinforced perceived safety.

For whatever silly reason people really enjoy sitting high. I'm 99% sure that's the one and only reason why most people buy SUVs, crossovers and to a lesser extent pickups as well.

cause idiots?
cause females think its safe cause size?
cause no fucking company makes a half decent size wagon that is affordable like they did once upon a time?

i.e Falcon, Commodore, Country Squire, Vista Cruiser and so on n so forth.

>like they did once upon a time?
Blame federal legislation on fuel economy and crash safety that classes SUVs as trucks and gives them immense lenience on the aforementioned restrictions, actually making them the cheaper and more practical choice. If there were fuel economy mandates by curb weight or something, and trucks and SUVs had to comply to the same crash standards as passenger cars, wagons would suddenly make sense again.

Golf wagon, thats the only affordable wagon thats sold in the states afaik.

>3d women

Also crossovers DO have more space inside, but 80% of the population would be served just fine with the space a wagon gives.

>Opposite of truth troll
Literally everything you said is wrong.
But you knew that

>tfw parents own a Q5
okay, it's not bad to sit a bit higher. but driving it feels so buttery, like you're entirely detached from the road. not liking it. they used to have an A6 station wagon which was pretty nice. cheaper, more space, better mileage, nice diesel at some 239 hp or whatever. i miss it.

Are you the same retard who got mad at BMWs driving past you on the autobahn or something?

If so, kek

Also the q5 has more space, git with the times cuck

what no, i'm mad at BMWs for different reasons

Your parents have shit taste

They don't offer more space than your typical big hatchback like a Focus

Wrong, go look up trunk space figures of crossovers vs comparable wagons

The wagons get BTFO in space

>Click here
lowkey i hated crossovers until i drove one for a month
the high seating position and the faux-poshness is probably what gets people, it feels more upscale than it is, probably even more for non Veeky Forumstists

>""wrong""
Focus - 114.5 cu.ft
Escape - 132.4 cu.ft

people really hate feeling short

What crossover did you drive? The only experience I have had with crossovers is my folks' Buick Rendezvous, with the shitty 3600. Got approximately the same fuel mileage as my '79 pickup, could only seat 4 people in any semblance of comfort, and was slow as hell. Even with a 3800, I doubt it could be a pleasurable experience.

>big hatchback
>Focus

What? A focus is a little baby car

same reason dual sports sell. except dual sports can at least be pretty cheap