How hard is it to make a rollcage of this quality?

how hard is it to make a rollcage of this quality?
i have free access to CNC benders and tube.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pOcqZQAmMgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you have to ask Veeky Forums
its harder than your current skill level

not really i just dont know how to design it. i can fab it.

Look's pretty easy. Just some pipes and nails

then you skill level is inadequate and fuck off

>googling is hard
thats how dumb you are

Wow. There no need to be rude

i can bend and cut and weld the tube isnt that all it takes? i just dont know how to design it. i could make one that looks decent. but will it be effective?

GOOGLE HOW TO MAKE STRONG ROLL CAGE YOU DENSE FAGGOT

you mad son

>all this autism over a roll cage
Never change Veeky Forums

rather be mad than actually too retarded to use google

How could Veeky Forums possibly help you build a rollcage? Watch a YouTube tutorial or something

calling people out for shitposting about stuff thats easily learned

yea thats autism

ow, my autism, it hurts

yea nah your autistic

Veeky Forums is supposed to spoonfeed everyone everything

>someone asking a genuine question is shitposting

someone asking a question that 0% of people here know the answer to but the underlying concept are easily learned on the internet for free is exactly shitposting

Do you honestly believe any of this? Any?

yea

must be hard being told you are retarded instead of immediately being spoonfed

maybe /r/cars would spoonfeed you

>implying I was the one asking about a roll cage

if you care about your posts being identified
maybe you should consider a trip

The general method is to find the same car you have that already has a roll cage in it, and is competing in the series you're interested in, and copy that design. I think some form of rally cross or rally racing has a rule where if a cage has been certified, and the design of the cage in your car is the same, it can be certified as well, even if the rules have changed since the cage was installed in the original car. Something to do with homologation I think.

Otherwise, look up the rules for the series you want to race in. If you don't want to race in a series but just want a bitchin cage, look up the rules for some series anyway, I think rally cages are generally strongest, though high speed road racing stuff is better suited for being struck by other cars at speed.

In general, if you're worried about strength, gusset all the welds and brace corners or joints. More bars is generally better, but it adds weight.

Also, don't place your main hoop so that you can't get to it to weld the door bars or back braces on. I actually know a guy that did that, made it fit so tight that he couldn't weld around the whole tube. There's usually an exception that you can weld 75% of the circumference of the tube and add two gussets and still be certified, in cases where for whatever reason you can't drop the cage through the floor to weld the top bars near the roof, or your layout is just so shit that you can't get to everything once it's in place.

Basically, read the rules, design/build it so it could be certified, and you'll end up with a sufficiently strong cage.

>spoonfeeding retards

Do you want to race? If yes, then take the rulebook of the events you want to do and follow the rollcage instructions.

If not, go to the FIA site, find the rulebook of a series that best suits the type of car you have and follow instructions.

And start learning how to weld

specific series have different rules. for example i know for a fact that if you want to participate in rally america, they have a detailed design already. all you have to do is follow that.

>So many can opener gussets
>why.jpg

>assblasted faggot detected

>induringm4gtsrollcagewelds.jpeg

Triangles.

No one in this thread knows what they are talking about
No one caught this???
>cnc bender
>cnc
>bender
Really?
You're all retards

Next time, before being that guy, might want to try google
youtube.com/watch?v=pOcqZQAmMgU

Thats a mandrel bender controlled by a computer

depends on your application for a race car its nessary. but for a fast road car its overkill. the cross braces get to be a pain for everyday use but if you make them removeable for when its comes off the track is fine the main thing to proper cage design is correct angles: yes its a exact science. a half cage or standard 6 point is fine for road use. anything more than that and your over complcating it.

/thread

So a CNC tube bender, yes.

What do you think CNC stands for? Do you think it only applies to mills and plasma cutters? Are you going to keep attempting to save face after that clueless post?