/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>like 120mph edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Monster Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=9zhfnySUmF4

>DEATH WHISTLE
youtube.com/watch?v=I9QuO09z-SI

>Honda Element
youtube.com/watch?v=AN5bIDKKZcY

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/5986486612.html
hondata.com/flashpro/flashpro-2016-civic
youtu.be/KB_YVVgvuFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

I've been looking to buy a car with pop-up lights for the aestethic of it; is the honda prelude (3 gen) a bad car? I don't expect anything fancy, something that is visually pleasing and that just werks.

calculated gas mileage on the xb today

33 mpg, nice

was going to post a recent pic of the civic but my phone finally shit out on me. super pissed. ordered a cheap phone from amazon. hope its not terrible

Yea I'd recommend a 91

Nice that's about the same as the combine MPG from the EPA

I'm a lazy fuck so I'll do those bushings tomorrow. It's a bit too hot today. Still haven't washed the car. It would look awful if it were white.

Once those bushings are done I have one last mechanical problem.

>the fucking idle

I'll order a set of vacuum lines and see if that does it. The only OEM bushings left in this car are the trailing arms I think.

>>the fucking idle

Ever adjust the fast idle valve?

So i replaced the fuel filter on my 87 crx and one of the hoses has a small hole and is starting to leak so i started taking it off but i cant seem ti get it off i start turning this bolt and all the sudden it gets tight and wont move is their a certain way im supposed to take this off i dont want to break anything important because im selling the car this week

90-91 had the FRM cylinder sleeves which cause a lot of them to burn oil, especially high mileage examples. 87-89 are the ideal years

Doesn't have an FITV but I have a new IACV in. Idle changes based on the weather so it's gotta be a leak somewhere. Sometimes blipping the throttle will stop the idle bouncing.

Got back from a massive car meet a few hours ago, with almost one thousand people. Plenty of interesting builds and beaters.

>Three VQ35DE powered cars in a row
Looks like a cool meet.

Didn't take too many pictures because there were things happening everywhere. Lambos, Rerraris, R8's, M's and GTI's revving up and down the ramp.

Is that a Dodge with a rising sun on the hood? He's more JDM than I am. kek

I need to go to another meet. Might try to make the trip to the next Import Face Off next month. Hopefully my co-workers ricer bagged IS300 is ready by then. He's going crazy with diffusers and metal flake spray paint on it.

The entire top two floors were packed on all sides. One of the top ramps was supposed to be reserved for photography but got fucked over by late entries who took the spots.

The wing said Mugen, but I am not convinced.

>scrolling through catalog
>see pictures of meets in a thread
>notice it's /hg/
>spot plenty of swagfags and weebmachines
>distant vape clouds
would like to say i'm surprised but...

No escaping it. I'd rather be around vapefags instead of smelling cigarettes though.

>walk into a vape store during a big meet
>holy fuck too many clouds I can't see shit
>doesn't smell like anything though

I'd never vape but at least there's no smell that will stick to my clothes.

>wiper blade delete
>didn't delete the arm

wat

>Accidently hit rear wiper
>Goodbye back glass

I can hear the scraping now. I kinda want a wiper on my back glass. Rear stays dirty as fuck. defrost needs work too so when it's foggy reversing is a bitch.

I'm glad I went early. The lines to get in were several blocks long.

Plastic angry headlight strips.

Ford 302 swapped M3 was one of the weirder things.

damn nihgas I went to a car meet today and saw this really gay lookin crx

What a fuckin ricer, dude.

kek, I'm joking. It looked breddy clean. Nice car, Naan.

it was 90% subaru's and vape, not joking.

Looks like a normal crx for my area.
You saw what came from my Craigslist last thread.

CRXs are rare in my area. They always sell for 3500+ too.

>except for this one for 1800

I wanted it sooo bad but I don't wanna drop my Civic for it.

I never thought I'd get spotted here.

Thanks bruh. People were in awe about a stock rex. A few guys talked about how they regret selling theirs after college or high school and how F&F changed the scene overnight. It's really fun hearing their stories.

There's something about a done up Civic wagon that I love.

I hear similar stuff from people that see my hatch too. It's one reason why I never want to sell it. I've never even seen a running first gen CRX yet. The one that I did see was in a junkyard. ;_;7

At least your idle isn't killing your mpgs

My friend's family had a Chrysler minivan with a Mitsubishi engine. Really activated my almonds. Maybe Dodge did that too at one point (?)

Have you tried looking at the forums? Some guy did the same thing but took it to the dealer

Any NSXs?

DSM was so weird. Mitsubishi stuff was the best part about it.

3000GT > Stealth
Eclipse > Talon

It's a damn shame what happened to Mitsubishi. The Mirage is insanely light though.

>a modern car as light as my 94 Civic

Fucking wizards, man.

Yeah that's surprising. I watch the live feed from Hondash and it doesn't affect it very much at all.

Those stickers are cringey

What was the event called?

Looks pretty clean. Was there any real parts on it?

>being surprised of swagfags vaping

>tfw too busy with studying to have a social life
Hopefully this suffering is rewarding

Nope. If there were any, too many people were oggling the R8's to notice.
It was on the MNCEC Facebook page. Can't post a link because it thinks it's spam.

>Srt4 wheels on a Jetta

Yah man, it was cool to see your car there. I parked my blue/black FA5 just down the ramp from you.

I saw one. Didn't get a picture tho

this is the only other pic I took at the event

favorite car was probably that white/black tokyo drift veilside RX-7

Went on a cruise to check out the local trailer parks. Trying to get us out of this shitty apartment.

Two out of three of them had these fucking monstrous speed bumps. Rubbed my exhaust along every single one of them. It's a good thing I have Ground Controls now. I'll definitely need a lift if I move to one of those.

New camera Papi

What are the pros and cons with living in the apartment vs the trailer park?

Me gusta mi amigo
I like your hatch better than Shingu. Yours is the JDM clean type of civic. Shingu is the errr never mind... sorry Shingu

Apartment cons
>the AC doesn't blow on my side
>they won't fucking fix our dishwasher
>hard to store my car shit
>the rent keeps going up even though it's income based, it was cheaper when my mom made way more money than she does now
>takes forever to get out of the parking lot
>windy as fuck
>only internet choice is AT&T at 6.5mbit/s for over $100 a month

Pros
>four bedrooms
>water included

I want a damage free shell. :(

I like his more too.

Trailer pros
>would have own driveway
>AC should be much better
>Could possibly store shit under the trailer
>can work on my car in peace
>shady so won't roast in the sun
>generally cheaper
>most likely have access to Charter cable internet which is wayyy faster than the DSL for a cheaper price

Cons
>noisy floor because trailer
>maybe easier to get roaches?

I haven't lived in a trailer since the late 90's/early 00's but I don't remember it being too bad.

Of course, a small house with a garage would be ideal. That's $1000+ a month territory though.

>small house in LA
>$1000+ a month
Fuck, it's $1300 for a 1bd Apt in cali.

Went out shooting in the middle of nowhere.
Did lots of highway driving.
Also took a road that goes out by utah lake and I really wanted to stop and get some pics of the car, but I was with muh dad so we didn't.
I will have to go back soon though.

There's an add on FB market place for a dx that doesn't run/drive for 300. Kinda want to take it and swap all my parts over. It's the green teal color though. This is very clean though man. shit.

That's crazy. It's a good thing I don't wanna go to California. Maybe to visit but that's it.

I'm hoping my mom's new job thingy makes her enough money to split the bills more fairly. Shit's ridiculous right now.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/5986486612.html

Yeah Cali sucks for living, my mom and I have to both pay the rent, I really only have enough money to insure and maintain the CM5, won't even be able to get a newer pc than a Q6600 until she pays off her car.

I like your shitbox. And the guy with the rusty civics shitbox. They got character.

Yeah the cost of living keeps going up but the wages don't adjust with it. Luckily I own both our cars and they're cheap to maintain.

>mom says she wants a newer car
>tell her no because the Corolla runs and is easy to fix

If she wants a newer one she's gotta pay for it herself. Don't want anything to do with it. kek

The good thing about the not so great exterior is that I don't have to worry about scratches or dents. It's in great shape where it matters, the drivetrain and suspension.

Kek, I remember when it was listed for like $3k.

If I had the 6K I'd have them truck it to me and collect it, can't trust that mint Honda here, every door would come swinging at it.

Heard a horrible groaning noise from the front of the car again. Thought it was the new bearings not pressed in right, but it sounds like the brakes being metal on metal.

Glad I discovered this before I took it to work.

Is it screechy and happening while turning? probably brakes.

That looks really comfy

A little bit. Happens when accelerating and especially when lightly applying the brakes. It only goes away when you really mash the pedal down.

>automatic
Stopped reading there

Must be the brake hardware. Probably just needs some lube. I gotta lube mine up too.

It's gotta be the brakes, my mom's Hyundai brakes shut up in a straight line, and they're worn to the point where you gotta call in a reservation to stop.

Which rusty civics?

Check pad thickness, it could also be rust in the brake drums

Supra guy. Forgot name.

tfw made the decision to move out there by myself. moving in like 5 months. Are yall nigguhs really that fucked?

You'll be okay if you're fiscally responsible, not getting a 6 year car payment at 400 dollars a month for a 17k car like my mom did.

At least I didn't end up like this guy.

Poor bimmer.

Damn that's a big ol mess.

>German reliability

I just noticed there's two people with a 2016 civics on the collage. A grey and black one. I honestly I thought I was the only one. Either of you on here? Grey EX-T how's that going for you?

Having repaired quite of a few when I was a mechanic, I can tell you them older gen bims had often radiator problems and putting a new one often didn't help.

How is the new civic user?

The 1.5T is a bit more thirsty than I was expecting. But you can if you're very very patient get 6.1L/100kph or 38.5 MPG city if you press on the gas with barely your big toe, it's just you accelerate so slow you get passed by everyone or barely make it to the speed limit before you need to stop again.

I'm not a transmission hater so i'm fine with the CVT my EX-T has. It's hands down the best CVT I've driven and unbelievably smooth. Low rpm torque in Sport still sometimes catches me off guard on how quick it can take off. Beat a '06 Civic SI and weeks later a BRZ from light to light.

It's very comfy and it's been good in this brutal Canadian winter we've been having. I honestly can't wait for winter to end and be able to put my summer tires on.

I've learned to like the onboard radar and camera system, it's saved my car twice now from asshats on the road, not enough to brake on it's own I can react fast enough from the warning. The ACC and LKAS is great, I like the little corrections it inputs into the wheel to keep you centered in the lane. Right turn signal camera is damn good and makes me wonder why doesn't everyone have it.

Don't be surprised if your question remains unanswered. There's something called the collage phenomenon. People show up and post only to join the collage before disappearing as quickly as they showed up. I don't remember either one posting in the past week.

If you ever want to, they got a Hondata tune available now that gives it a ton of extra power. Literally plug and play with a laptop.

I like the turn signal camera too. They had it in a ninth gen that I drove.

Is that a US/Canada only thing?

Hondata? Not sure.

How much would that cost anyway?

hondata.com/flashpro/flashpro-2016-civic

Pretty expensive but it's like a 40hp boost.

>US/Canada only
;_;

I had no idea they had a four door Integra for this gen. Literally first time seeing one. $1500 but with a salvage title.

It looks so clean. Would drive.

Ask him about what the damage was, if whatever befell that car happened at an old age, it probably wasn't much that did it in.

It's in Washington. Not even sure why I joined this group. Looks kinda odd under the left taillight so it's probably that.

These must be rare as shit or something.

I know those existed but I haven't seen one in person. More sporty than the same year civics since they had the better trans and engine

I bet it would go for way more in my area. That's cheap as hell. I bought the beat up Corolla for that much.

Ive heard the cvt is solid with proper maintenance like old civic auto trans were but idk if it could handle my gas pedal discipline.
Also dont they require trans fluid replaced at an unusual rate.

Hondata is all throughout Mexico, us, and canada as far as i can tell.
I thought the hondata wasent meant for the cvt though. They rarely make them for autos though you can on some find chiped ones to work on auto.
Nc has many 4dr teggies i have seen a couple of that gen. Though i dont think they made many till the mid 90s.
Well yeah but they killed/rebranded them in favour for mainline acura cars such as the tl brand twords the end of the 90s, we were lucky to get the rsx really.

According to Jason it's good for both the manual and CVT.

youtu.be/KB_YVVgvuFo

I knew about the four door DC, since I know of two in my town. Just never ever thought about the previous gen. Surprised me to see one on Facebook.

Yes I've been considering getting that as Honda themselves do not do any upgrades or software changes.

In theory the minor boost increase should not be a problem to the stock internals.