442 > Grand National

The Olds 442 is far sexier than the Buick Grand National. Fact is, it's one of the sexiest cars ever made, by anyone, in any time frame.

huh?

Delta 88 was by far the sexiest Oldsmobile from that era.

>sexiest car ever made
>not the gt350

kill
your
self

rs6 a
S E X
E
X

>implying both cars aren't hideous shitheaps styled with a ruler

My dad had an 86 Cutlass he was going to turn into a 442 but sold it. I still have those original wheels and a tach dash for that car sitting in my garage.

WRONG!

Can't believe someone would think that. Sad!

>buick
My Grandpa had a G-body Regal. with the non-turbo 3.8 V6.

442 is such a big engine though

Great. Mine has the turbo 3.8 and im 24

>Americans fighting over which GM rebadge had the better looking square-ish front clip

442 isn't the engine size

and it was shit compared to the GN. A sleight to the original 442 badge

You have been rused, my good sir.

Does you grandpa know you're using his car?

It's still a shit 305 5.0L V8.

Honestly, the FWD Quad 442 was a better 442 than the G-body thing.

Despite being FWD, it was a better car all around and the fastest Oldsmobile since the 1960's and early 70s.
The 2.3L Quad 4 2.3L engine was less than half the size of the G-body's 5.0L V8, but made more power. The car was also lighter, better handling, more fuel efficient.... and a homologation special for SCCA Showroom Stock Racing.

Yes

4 4 2 stands for 4 barrel carb, 4 speed manual and dual exhaust.

The g-body olds were all small block 305 V8 engines. Older cars had an optional 400ci or 455ci engine.

442 stood for four seats, four wheels, and two headlights

>too poor to own a grand national

>Olds
>305
Ahem. 307, nigger.

Oh that's right. The one in our family was a Canadian made one with a 305ci engine. Most of those g-body cars had the 307.

As noted this generation of 442 had the H.O. version of the Olds 307 with a whole 160hp instead of the regular version 140hp. Keep in mind the Chevy H.O. 305 had 180hp.

Interestingly Olds spent money on making the engine control system similar but completely different than the regular 307 and got a whopping 20hp more (most of it due to the cam). Not that this means anything to anybody anymore since the 307 would be yanked in favor of an Olds 350 at least unless they're going for a concours restoration.

Lesabre GN > Regal GN > 442

theyre both ugly af cars

If sexier is the goal, then you need to skip the Olds AND the Buick...& set your sights on the 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe.

eew why is it 2 tone? also needs t tops

Family car was a 1989 cutlass Calais sedan with the quad 4. Little shit box had torque.

>while body rusted away.

Wish I could find a 442 coupe or just an 89 coupe

>two headlights

reminder the quad-4 was also going to power the i4 version of the second generation fiero

four-barrel carburetor, four-speed manual transmission, and dual exhausts.

God damn, straight lines and hardtops give me the biggest boners.