/ovg/ - GT86 Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

gamemodels.ru/files/file/1256-toyota-sprinter-trueno-d1gp-ae86/
mediafire.com/file/mcccgbpl7rf4f6y/[GameModels.ru]_TOY_SPR_TRU_by_DMN.rar
youtu.be/ge16K9kDVjI?t=7m9s
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772533407
youtube.com/watch?v=6wkJ-CJNtLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for ovgnr03

5th for 5%

3rd for surprisingly clean

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my behaiviour in the previous two threads. I was in the wrong, and though I didn't realize it at the time, I'm aware of it now. So please, accept my sincere apology.

i still got rammed up the ass tho

>3 wide on the way into eau roughe

I've never been so scared before.

It's amazing how clean that was.

It's all good, man.

>He drives auto

StAi did nothing wrong

>Everyone dies at the end

>clean

>marko

post race hoonage. too lazy to free cam but there was cool stuff going on.

scoot scoot brady

get gud

no u

get gud

no u

>constant flames from the exhaust

why

It's FAST

Well how else would the cars drive forward idiot?

ah like that rollcage game? gotcha
what a groundbreaking sim

>When you're leisurely driving your C7 and you see a 919 one turn behind you, so you think you're safe for a bit, only for it to suddenly ride your ass 10 seconds later

These cars should not be that fast. Series when? I unironically think the AC cars are much better the URD stuff.

It's 2fast 2furious nitrous

(You)

>tfw I'm too slow to keep you behind me even with nitrous

italians

rfactor AE86 levin/trueno cup when

Maybe soon?

when you make it

just might have to desu

Over 7 months ago

get outta here

only if i can drive a levin coupe to be a hipster and avoid the meme

see

that's levin hatch, it's still 1/2 meme even if the hatch is unironically better in terms of weight distribution

find me a coupe model and i'll get it in the series

Where can you get GPL these days?

it doesn't seem there are any, fuck
levin coupes with big drag wings look fantastic in N2 spec

i'll do some hunting

bless your heart user

gamemodels.ru/files/file/1256-toyota-sprinter-trueno-d1gp-ae86/

Yeah it's a Trueno, but that's nothing a little cut 'n' shunt can't fix.

Probably tpb.

>gamemodels.ru/files/file/1256-toyota-sprinter-trueno-d1gp-ae86/
Nice one, thanks.
So we can now have both levin and trueno hatches and coupes.
I smell a series coming on

there's also a plain stock levin coupe model in project d that would probably work okay for bashing into an n2 model but obviously that's a decent amount of work, but having the full variety of 86 makes the field a lot more interesting to look at imo

We did one a while ago, it was pretty fun

Someone just started organizing a series in AC with GT86s and I think there were plans to make a series with N2 AE86s in that game, but the mod for that is still in development

might try and get one going on rfactor first then.
>cant find the download link
sorry for being a retard pls no bully

when are you fitting that in?

i'll have a look after work tomorrow, too late for me to try and organise anything now

You needed an account to get the link.

mediafire.com/file/mcccgbpl7rf4f6y/[GameModels.ru]_TOY_SPR_TRU_by_DMN.rar

Stop This He Has Artistic that's just cruel you scrubbers go burn in help

Did the mysummercar threads die for good?

>try playing assetto corsa with pleb controller
>am shit with other drivers on the track but can handle my shit if I'm alone
Not as hard as I thought when I initially bought it. Any tips for settings? I have to force ABS and TCS on because of how little throttle/brake control the triggers give me

youtu.be/ge16K9kDVjI?t=7m9s

How can one man be so based?

That's fucking awesome. Moar

Get used to giving really slow, subtle movements on all controls and honestly you don't need assists to go pretty damn fast you just have to get used to never being able to go 100% because you just don't have the same reaction capability and finesse as a wheel driver

Everyone stopped playing because it's a meme game worth a cheap laugh as you build car and race it but gets heavily boring.

Nice dubs fake me.

Meh I've found it's more I have to stay away from mid engined cars due to the tendency for a correction to translate into oversteer with them (f1 cars being the exception)
Some cars are exceptionally easy to be good with (R34 GTR)
Hell I can run the GTR down Akagi pass with no problems which is something I can't do with any other car (not fast, mind you, 4:15)

Though AWD in general seems to solve most of my driving problems, mainly because I don't like drifting

What's going on losers? Larguu AKA Intimidator Larguu AKA Outlel Larguu AKA Larguu Larguu here, just picked up this new little toy. It's fuckin bitchin lookin and only one of 80 in the US. Anyway I'll be making a video about it in the morning since I just got back from driving this thing from the carolinas. Gonna be doing some mods to try and give this pig some balls so stay tuned for more, but for now you're gonna have to settle for this photo.

I made some spelling mistakes and forgot the part where I wanted to mention the AC stuff is better than the urd stuff. So blow me.

gRally on greenlight finally. Still looks like poo.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772533407

The N2 ae86 for AC is finished, but I don't remember seeing a template. I'm saying this because the extra parts added are not painted and it looks ugly if you not use the vintage toyota skin. Also they are making the coupe version, but it's still an early wip.

youtube.com/watch?v=6wkJ-CJNtLI

>gRally on Greenlight
This shit is too funny, for the simple reason that Steam is currently abolishing Greenlight to replace it with Steam Direct.
In Steam Direct you'll have to pay a fee after which Valve checks if your game is actually able to be released in Steam inorder to eliminate the problem of so many unfunctional Asset Flips or stuff with copyright infrigements shitting up the Steam store.

So they're just trying their hardest now to get greenlit in the last possible moment, so they don't have to pay

Greenlight has a $100/game fee.

It looks fine.

>that dirt on the windscreen in the sun

>So they're just trying their hardest now to get greenlit in the last possible moment, so they don't have to pay

RBR sim dads will get them greenlit fast enough.

Also I would like to remind everyone that this is an italian sim, so don't get your hopes up for no reason. And it's probably still on unity

it looks exactly the same as the leaked alpha.

>Greenlight has a $100/game fee
Oh, I didn't know that
Still, Direct will have a higher fee, ranging between 500 and 5000$ (it hasn't been confirmed yet from what I know)

>oy vey
Yeah ofcourse higher prices suck but then again, a price that high means that people think twice before putting their game on Steam. It would be a high enough price to stop kids/untalented hacks to just go ham in Unity and it's asset store and then shit out their game onto Greenlight

So i've been lurking Veeky Forums and /ovg/ in particular for a couple years now..heres my situation - I've been into sim racing for a long time, i have a triple screen set up with a thrustmaster t500rs/th8a shifter and i think I'm alright at racing. Trouble is I've never dabbled online or anything in my 6+ years of playing. I mainly play project cars and assetto corsa, how do i go about getting in with you dudes and having a hoon?? i could be terrible, but i think its finally time to find out for sure. I want some racing bros but you guys all seem established in your group and its somewhat intimidating. Halp plz

Open the doc linked in the OP, select a series and find the download links at the top of the spreadsheets.

>how do i go about getting in with you dudes and having a hoon??
Check the doc and/or wiki in the OP. That has all the information with all the series we're running (games, server names, required and optional mods, when races happen etc)
You could also drop in the mumble, keep in mind it's pretty dead for most of the day. We sometimes drive in random public servers
>i could be terrible
It doesn't matter that much as long as you can keep yourself on the track. And remember, someone is always worse than you.

I'm probably being simple but that all appears to be rFactor only? I've never played that. If it si that game only is it worth getting?

The docs are kind of confusing but I'll give them a proper read over in the morning to suss it out.
I can definitely handle myself on the track, with AI on 100% anyway. Real people are a different story I'm guessing hah

Yeah having a look and I cant work out what game these races are planned for?

I feel like such a nub I'm sorry guys

I'll post in the weekend and see if anyone here wants to have a cheeky casual race in AC. Sorry for noobing up the thread my dudes. Goodnight!

no you're the fake you

/ovgt3/ is on rFactor, but there are several AC races, plus you could just make your own impromptu race if you can open a port on your firewall

Quick update about the Grand Valley 300 race, I'm thinking about doing it on March 5th. Start at 2000 UTC, for a race that should be just slightly longer than 2 hours.

Might lock new mod cars like 2 or 3 days before to allow people with shit internets to download them all.

I'll fill the server with a random selection of cars to allow pickups.

Wasn't it supposed to get more content and MP? I just started playing it and clunkiness aside it's fun.

>the rFactor 2 wikipedia article has a quote by the dude who founded mak corp

>AC

>rFactor

#forzabob #latency #sorry

Yeah, because it's not locked behind a paywall and it can be ran by everybody.
Same thing applies to RF2.

How good are Forza 5/6?

I bought a 360 for Forza 4, Horizon 1/2 and i've played such a ridiculous amount of them that it more than justifies owning it for just them.

I already have Horizon 3 on PC, but i'd really like more of what Forza 4 offered, albeit I don't own an Xbox One and honestly have zero interest in one outside of Forza.

Is Forza 7 likely to see a PC release?

It's so 2017 to cater to the lower common denominator.

They're good.
F7 is likely to be on PC yes, until Microsoft gets bored of people shitting on them.

You can pirate AC.
And even SJ has a PC that can run it.

If you can't run AC you should really stop being an underage kid living in a third world country.

Sup kunos shills?

>tell the truth
>get called a kunos shill
I literally said you should pirate the fucking game.

you need to have patience with the handicapped user. just let him have his moment

Still not as accessible as rfactor shill.

Macau is too easy, just brake before each corner. Put a harder track next time you fags