/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #469

''Special Feeling'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12020327
strawpoll.me/12020353
strawpoll.me/12158769

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
instaud.io/tTN
instaud.io/dsa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Fuck off.

Max is #1

Chloe is #1

Victoria is #1

These were pretty nice. Warren/Nathan is a little off. But the small stuff like Chloe's ring, and Kate wearing Vic's jacket was cute.

I mean a little odd, not off.
Odd as in "I wouldn't think these two would ever get along" but eh, who knows? Maybe they'd some how hit off. Even though Nathan would be in prison/hospital/dead.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

getting this fanfic shilling out of the way

BAE > bay everyday
(But most people found safety during the storm)

>REMINDER THAT NATHAN IS A WORTHLESS FUCK WHO DESERVES TO DIE

Here is the ultimate way to trigger /lisg/.

Pair Max and Chloe with other people.

I wanna hug alt chloe and tell her everything will be ok and kiss her over and over and over again

Max and Tracer. :^)

Max and Lisa
Chloe and Alice

They have a lot in common.

Tracer is Mac and Chloe's daughter.
Dorky, bubbly, cute, freckles, can mess with time, can be hardcore. She just lives in another dimension because she wanted to help people and be a hero.
The accent's fake and she visits her parents during holidays.

Chloe and Aqua.

Why would you try to do that?
That's called shitposting and it is not welcome.

First one is pretty much mother/daughter, second is aunt/niece.

How would you describe Caulfield?

I would call it perfect, but fatal.

If Season 2 will be about different people, then what's the point of calling it "Season 2"? Just make up another name.

There will be more storms and lesbians.

They want brand recognition, and to continue the core theme of irrational suffering

>She was shot straight into the stomach.

Not the second time around.

>(Max would however be: she jumped out and saw him shoot before she rewound).
Not the second time around.

With Max only hearing, it's easy for them to claim Chloe attacked Nathan. She didn't see them do it. That's my point.

>Source for these claims?
American law regarding search and seizure? You know what a warrant is?

>Jefferson had more victims.
What does that have to do with it?

>The FBI was already involved, due to Rachel's case
When is that mentioned?

>Criminal psych ward instead of prison.
Not as bad. Nathan also isn't a serial killer. He killed two people, one of them by accident. It's also possible that he only meant to intimidate Chloe and pulled the trigger on instinct when she pushed him away.

>One cop doing them a personal favour keeping an eye on Nathan. That's all we have.
Pretty sure more was mentioned.

Epilogue

> Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
> Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
> "I'm with my girlfriend in Portland."
> Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
> Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
> They end up living in Chloe's truck.
> After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
> Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle
> Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe
> Chloe is abandoned once again.
> Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
> Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
> Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
> Max wakes up.
> "Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town."
> Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.

The series is still young, with only one season, so they still are defining just what Life is Strange is.
once you see the consistency (of there is any) of what's in the first and second seasons, then you can identify what the series is about.

FUCK OFF

What do you mean by Caulfield? Like Max Caulfield? If so:
CUTE, dorky, kind, regrets parts of her past but learns to live with them, at the start very self-depreciating but she gains her confidence, able to find the best in nearly everyone, fierce (when needed).

Tradition goes a long way.

Chloe has some phone number written down and one of the websites with a story about Rachel mentions the FBI is involved in the search.
Which is moronic because they would have found her body immediately after they talked to a few people and went to the places she was known to frequent, like the junkyard.
And even though the Prescotts have some level of influence in Arcadia Bay, they could not buy their way out of what Nathan did. He has a history and once the corruption of his family was clear, the trial would have a change of venue to somewhere where the Prescotts did not have an influence.
But again, all of this arguing is hypothetical because he never killed Chloe. Though if he was captured alive at the end of the game, he would still have a lot to answer for.

>Not the second time
What makes you think that? She is shot in the stomach just like the first times.

>Not the second time
We were talking about the Bay ending, in which she goes into the photo taken after she had rewound. This means she had seen the scene play out.

And again, they don't need an eye-witness to know that Nathan shot her. Max can attest that Chloe didn't attack him, and the idea that a guy with a gun on school grounds shooting an unarmed person could be justified in it because he was attacked is just as ridiculous. It's illegal in itself, and then self-defense has clear limits of excessiveness.

>You know what a warrant is?
Something they can acquire very quickly and effortlessly in a murder and serial crime case? Something they don't even need when evidence is in danger, or when other people could be (we know Nathan admits to the Dark Room stuff, which is plenty reason to immediately raid stuff a warrant).

>What does that have to do with it?
Nathan's case would be interlinked with all the crimes committed in the context of the Dark Room, publically very much, and legally because he knew of those crimes. Those crimes transcend Arcadia because Jefferson has been doing it for a while.

>Not as bad.
Arguably. Absolutely something different from a sit on a ouch for a few months.

>isn't a serial killer
Never said that. He is a serial criminal, and in the Bay ending, killed two people.

>by accident
Not a legal defense when it happens in the context of what is already a grievous crime. Only turns from murder to manslaughter or negligent homicide.

>meant to intimidate Chloe
That is the canonical suggestion, but he brought a gun to school to a confrontation with someone he had already committed a crime against, shoved that locked and loaded gun into her stomach, screaming at her, causing her to shiver with fear for their life. This is already a crime, and a death resulting from this situation would be entirely his fault, legally as well.

>more was mentioned
Yeah, Nathan say they "own the pigs". Obviously being a shithead. The assumption that they would be outright corrupt and do illegal shit and cover for the Prescotts is just nowhere in the game. We talk to one cop, and he openly admits he looks after Nathan a little more. There is really no reason to think they have any leverage on the justice system, let alone to an extent where they could bribe people in such a trial.

Amidst all this talk of the (hypothetical and just-for-the-sake-of-discussion) Bay Ending, I'll just post a cute Chloe to keep things comfy.
Alive and well.

The amount of images I have of Chloe by herself looking happy is depressingly low.
I'll have to go looking for more. Tons of cute/happy Pricefield, even ones of Max, but almost none of Chloe.

Thanks for the special feelings edition!

It's also the same artist that drew the "muggy outside" comic. I snicker just thinking about it.

Thanks, user.

These two should be arrested for being so adorkable. But they'll just escape, so why even waste the time trying?

Question for /lisg/

To my understanding & how I view it. The game just goes to halfway into Episode 4: Dark Room.

So how about this. How would you rewrite everything past that point or everything starting from the beginning of Episode 4?

Who has some hella neat ideas?

Ahoy maties!

Really the only things I would change would be: -Making Jefferson a better villain with an actual motive or that's looking specifically for someone with an ability
-The pacing of events; have the party, Max and Chloe go there and get a lead that brings them to the Dark Room, then they rush to the junkyard after finding the binders, and right after they find Rachel is when Jefferson shows up and captures Max/ kills Chloe. He knew they found the Dark Room and heard where they were running to.
-LET MAX AND CHLOE WARN PEOPLE ABOUT THE STORM, be able to talk to people or send texts to either go to the cliff by the lighthouse or have David take people to the Dark Room (After Jefferson is captured)
-End the game by not pinning the storm on Max. It came from somewhere else like the Prescotts or just some Native prophecy
-Give a proper epilogue

Spoiler: Sean Prescott is the final villain of season 2.

It could be kind of cool if there was a link to Season 1 with something like that

We're as thick as thieves but Aunt Chloe belongs with Max.

And you belong with Lisa.
But you're always welcome to visit your aunts. Just ask your mommy and she can arrange it.

Chloa a whore

>The storm turns out to be either unrelated or irreversable (if Max's powers did cause it).

>The bay ending's function becomes a punishment for people with childish thought processes. Chloe's sacrifice achieves nothing, and the storm still comes.

>The bae ending allows Max to save people by warning them. Whether they believe Max or not is based on her CHOICES during the game, making choices actually matter.

>Jefferson realises he can't win a fair fight against soldier David, so instead he immediately pulls a gun and holds Max hostage. We get a standoff which leads to a dialogue puzzle (like the roof, remember!) where Max has to keep both Jefferson and David calm and make Jefferson give himself up. This gives Max agency in her rescue in a far more sensible way than David randomly turning into a zombie who just stands there waiting to be shot unless given orders.

Keep Nathan's line about the storm from the trailer when Warren hands his ass to him.

Not sure how to piece this together, but they research the Prescotts a bit more and find out about their storm shelter business, maybe some convenient dates that connect the Prescotts with Rachels disappearance, implications that Rachel is still alive but held hostage.

They decide to sneak into the Prescott estate while the party is happening to find which storm shelter they're holding Rachel. Insert stealth section to evade guards / maids. They find the Prescott's private study, it's very unnerving and surreal unlike the rest of the house. Cryptic letters and poems about destiny and fate, whale sounds, etc. They find documents that points them to the dark room.

As they go outside, they see a car speed off and find a bleeding Nathan on the ground. He says how he's sorry about Rachel. Before they do anything else, Nathan sees the two moons and tells them that it's really coming. Dies. Chloe promises they'll steal David's flares and warn the entire town after Rachel.

They go to the dark room and see a sacked lady on the ground. Chloe is ecstatic, but they find out it's actually an unconscious Victoria. They find Rachels binder photos from the junkyard. Before they rush to the junkyard, Max finds a separate unmarked black binder in a safe. She flips through the photos and realize they're all of her, security cam footage, spy shots, etc. Not only that, they're all photos of when she used her powers.

The two hurry to the Junkyard, and find her body like the actual episode. While Max is hugging Chloe, she feels a prick in the back of her neck and gets drugged. Chloe gets shot like the actual episode. Cue Jefferson reveal, but before the cut to black, he makes a call on his phone and tells the receiver something like, "Sean, I got them. The one that killed Nathan is dead, and yes, the catalyst is alive". To be continued.

It's pretty shitty now that I read it over.

That definitely sounds like a more exciting investigation thriller than what we got in Episode 4. Would prefer.

There's been a few write-ups on alternatives, maybe I'll find some of them/mine and post sometime. I personally wouldn't change incredibly much, but there are some key plot points and scenes I'd change. Scenes more so with regards to the main narrative of Max and Chloe, plot stuff more so to do with Rachel, Nathan, the Prescotts, Jefferson and all that.

>Nathan isn't a bad guy he 'accidentally' killed people.He also accidentally kidnapt girls.He accidentally brought a gun to a fucking school.But his confession in Episode 5 covered up all of his sins
>It would be easy for Warren to attract teenage women that he wasn't interested in.

I think the game would have taken a huge risk, and it would have been amazing, if right after Max lets Chloe gets shot in the Bay Ending, she wakes up on the cliff with Chloe during the storm. Nothing changes because autopilot Max, back in the bathroom, discovered her powers and went through the entire week again.
The act of letting Chloe die, even when she doesn't know it's her, is impossible for Max.
That way would also leave it as the cause of the storm being unknown.

>It's Max's overuse of her power that's causing the tornado
>Solution is to go back to bathroom and let Chloe die
>Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power
>So apparently the idea is to make a timeline where Max never discovers her power
>But we already did this (alt universe/w Wheelie Chloe), and the same paranormal events were still happening at exactly the same times
>Let's ignore that for the moment, and point out Max discovered her power as a direct result of seeing Chloe die
>Presumably, Chloe not dying would have the same effect (actually a better chance) at stopping her from discovering her powers
>But this is what we actually did in the first rewind, went back to the bathroom and engineered a scenario where Chloe didn't die, so Max wouldn't have to rewind
>Ah, but that was after Max had already rewound once. Maybe the butterfly photo takes you back to the first time Max enters the Bathroom.
>Except that we had to re-take the Butterfly photo the second time we went into the bathroom, so that photo should lead to the second time Max entered the bathroom, where she already has her powers
>And they already established with photographing Kate and David, that you don't get to keep the photos after a rewind (except for the purposes of the optional photo collection thing, you don't keep them in game).
>So the photo must lead to the post-rewind bathroom
>Whateva, let's ignore that for the moment as well and assume the photo does take Max back to the first time she enters the bathroom
>Then since this is the first time in the bathroom, doing exactly what she did the second time, triggering the alarm and saving Chloe, would have prevented her from discovering her powers. Since letting Chloe die the first time around is actually what led to Max discovering her powers.
Remove this non-sense storm plot from the game,change writers with rich,reasonable people who can think rationally.

>yfw both of them are suffered from depression,anxiety while each other's absence
Looks like they were so happy(!) without each other

>THE TWO LOGIC PASTA HAVE MINDMELDED

I hope you don't need me to explain why the first panel doesn't mean Max is actually taking medication.

We know that the Fluox is Joyce's. It's there in the alternate universe as well where Chloe didn't suffer from that childhood tragdy. Chloe hits the full range of emotions in the game, to the extremes at times. Joyce is way more emotionally dull and even-tempered. Joyce also wouldn't just call it "Chloe chose to stay angry" if she literally had a clinical depression. David would also treat her differently and not act so entitledly like it's her fault. Chloe also wouldn't have been able to just stop seeing her "shrink" either. She certainly also wouldn't be drinking beer if she was on medication.

That said, yes, they very much did get worse without each other, and the entire narrative is about how their separation is bad for them, how it halts their growth, whereas together they grow, make each other better, find happiness, overcome all tragedies and everything with, through, thanks to and for the other. One of the primary reasons why the only conclusion for me can be them and their love prevailing.

You ignorant foul.
They don't need to be mindmelded to prove that their writing is just bullshit.

>I hope you don't need me to explain why the first panel doesn't mean Max is actually taking medication.
Well.. it's possible for Max, considering her anxiety in game.Also there was something about psychologic situation in her school files.

> She certainly also wouldn't be drinking beer if she was on medication
Valid point but maybe she doesn't use them regularly? Isn't that possible?

>We know that the Fluox is Joyce's
You wouldn't know what's going on in original universe though. Since Max also pointed out at some point maybe Chloe was 'maybe' taking those pills aswell without telling them.Because she was suffering inside, without showing it anyone.

They'll be fine. They have each other and that's enough to get past any obstacle.
No more lonely nights, no more worrying about if the other is okay, no more murderers or psychos, no more storms.

Sleep tight. /lisg/.

>Well.. it's possible for Max, considering her anxiety in game
You trigger everyday about people talking about non-canon things, and now you take an insult from Victoria to say Max was on medication even though there is nothing whatsoever anywhere in the game indicating this? We hear her thoughts, we read them, we spend the entire time as her, but they wouldn't say something like she's mentally ill and on meds? I hope you hit yourself in the head for the retardation you always complain about and now spout yourself.

We have talked extensively about the thing in the school files, how it means next to nothing not least because the devs have shown multiple times they don't have a handle on the realities of the american school system.

>maybe she doesn't use them regularly? Isn't that possible?
No. If she was clinically depressed and on medication, she would be a different person than we see in the game. Absolutely, completely so.

>Chloe was 'maybe' taking those pills aswell
And maybe David was as well, and everyone else too. She drinks casually. She is very emotional. Joyce and David act like she's at also at fault for being stuck. She is not mentally ill, clinically depressed.

This is anti-canon and you can go on if you want to sympathize with Bayanon.

I can't believe that you confused me with tranny faggot while I didn't even call people as prostitute, terrorist or something like that... I loathe myself right now

Actually I completely forgot about these details so just wanted to discuss and y'know was just 'guessing'. Thanks for explaining anyway. I didn't mean to trigger anybody.

>You trigger everyday about people talking about non-canon things
/this/ goes to that attentionfag who uses stupid trips and comes here to shitposting regularly.

>''One is not good without the other''
>but they are merciless enough to make soulmates suffer with stupid tragedies
I feel so bad for Season 2's main protags already

I didn't confuse you.

As I've said, I agree with your point. They were worse without the other, unhappy, longed for the other, and only together they got well.

In those years, Chloe was certainly "depressed" in some senses. That means in a latently always present sense of sadness and yearning. And Max was also more anxious and shy in those years after and without Chloe.

But these are emotional problems, not mental illnesses. The IEP doesn't make sense even just as the "Initial IEP" it's referred to and it being pinned onto the file and then pinned over - that's absurd in itself, without even going into the plethora of other reasons why it doesn't make much sense or has much meaning. DN most likely intended this to indicate that Max had a slightly modified schedule because she transitioned into the final year mid-semester, and in their "how do i into american school" mess just thought an IEP would do the trick.

She does lack a bit of motivation and focus, but this is nothing pathological, certainly not something the school would have to do with to such an extent after one month of her having been there - on a scholarship at that, i. e. as someone considered particularly well-suited for this program. And certainly not so bad she'd be taking meds.

Anyway, Chloe also had happy times in those years, and if she were clinically depressed, she would not be able to express that range and intensity of emotions. She laughs exhilaratedly in the first moments of Max returning already. Her treatment, her behaviour, everything about her character would have to be changed in rather fundamental ways. That she randomly took some of Joyce's pills is possible (because it is stupid, desperate and dangerous), but just pure speculation.

They help each other break those emotional and psychological problems, become better. That is true. I'm just saying they are not clinically mentally ill, on any medication. That's just not in the game.

Ye, I agree.

>They help each other break those emotional and psychological problems, become better. That is true. I'm just saying they are not clinically mentally ill, on any medication. That's just not in the game.
Yeah yeah I get what you are saying and you are right that's not completely explained in the game. I was just 'guessing', like I said.

>She laughs exhilaratedly in the first moments of Max returning already. Her treatment, her behaviour, everything about her character would have to be changed in rather fundamental ways.
pic related

>Cue_E5_7A_CliffFuture_IntroChoice_Chloe_094="Max, you finally came back to me this week, and… you did nothing but show me your love and friendship. You made me smile and laugh, like I haven’t done in years."

>Max: Oh, my Chloe. It feels like we've lived a thousand lives this week. I'd do anything just to wake up next to you. Maybe if I... get to the lighthouse... this will all finally end.

instaud.io/tTN

>Chloe: Being together this week... It was the best farewell gift I could have hoped for. You're my hero, Max.

>Max: Chloe... I love you.

>Chloe: You better. And, I’ll always love you. Now, get out of here, please! Do it before I freak. And, Max Caulfield? Don’t you ever forget about me...

instaud.io/dsa

Sweet dreams.

At least they did make it so they prevail not only despite, but through those tragedies. They endure all suffering, because their love is more. I could do without that amount of suffering and contrived tragedy, but if in Season 2 I can also see the message that the scale of that suffering and tragedy is merely measure of how much more the love and optimism and health and so on is in the connection between the protags, if they can fight for it and "win", prevail, I will take it.

Exactly, and those two things (pic and quote) are crucial things that outright show what the narrative is all about: the significance of their bond, how they were meant to reunite and fall back into each other instantly, perfectly, can't help but to, the powers of their love that transcend time and tragedy, overcome obstacles of all kinds, heal physical, emotional and psychological wounds. How good they are for each other, meant to be together, how they want and need, above all, that. As friends, as soulmates, as lovers, partners in time and crime, and all that and more. How LiS is their story, that of their love, how it and its universe revolves all around them and it.

...And so even if Chloe did have the most crippling clincal depression and were haunted by suicidal thoughts, and even if Max would be an anxious wreck haunted by panic attacks, with the other, it would like all other obstacles wash away and give way to happiness and hope and joy and optimism and health and wholeness - through their love, that is in their universe, all-powerful, all-meaningful.

Together, they can outlast it all, and will last forever. That's how the story goes.

It's so absolutely wrong to them and me, but it also has "right" aspects - for others, but in some senses also for them and me, and that's how it is such a tragic ending. It's impossibly tragic for me, their story cannot and for me will never end on that. But it's an existing ending.

>any way you slice it warryncucks gets cuck'd again and again

>Not being able to spot an impostor
Actual Chloe doesn't have a squashed head.

Sean Prescott is apparently making the police leave Frank alone, even though he apparently deals drugs in the school car park.

>friendly reminder that you will never know what the VA cast truly believes because michel stands behind them in every interview

Really? I don't remember this, but it would be one of those ridiculous "I care so little about my son he thinks a serial kidnapper is a better father figure, but I absolutely do spend millions making sure he has a hobby bunker, gets parties on campus without supervision, and while I don't want him to get proper mental health care, I do apparently care that he gets his drugs from this Frank guy" things they used Sean for no reason for but making the plot contrivances seem a little less absurd. (Or, well, maybe DN did have a greater plan for the Prescott involvement in the bunker shenanigans, but since they then dropped that completely, those contrivances are equally as absurd.)

But even if it was true that he had enough influence to keep the Arcadia police dept. off of Frank's ass, that wouldn't translate into being able to affect the outcome of such a high profile case with FBI involvement, spanning months and years, states, numbers of victims in the double figures, one, two or three of them dead as a result.

Nathan is fucked and would spend years and years in either a jail cell or closed institution, and he would be absolutely wrecked. He was already suffering insane periods after Rachel's death (and it's possible he didn't even know she was dead then!), now there are potentially two more deaths, and all of his crimes are revealed, everyone knows what a monster he is. This would eat him up, drive him further into insanity. Not to mention that being in jail or an institution doesn't go so well with his "I'm so sick of people trying to control me" complex, because obviously those things are all about controlling every little aspect of his life.

Cont.: It is possible there's a legal and medical situation that doesn't see Nathan be completely fucked, where David doesn't kill him, where he doesn't kill himself, or where he doesn't die in jail or gets lobotomized with drugs. And yes, the Prescott's status, money and influence could play into making such a situation happen... but this idea of that user that he'd get off on "unsoundness of mind", spend half a year in some comfortable institution watching TV, and then return to normal life as a killer and serial abuser, is so absurdly naive to both his condition and the legal and medical realities of such cases, as well as the specifics of this one in particular.

There is still no guarentee that fucking daddy prescott -who owns all stupid Arcadia Bay people- wouldn't save his son's ass from the jail with their own professional lawyers.

>Reminder that these cute little animals have been GASSED and are dead.

They're snoozing and perfectly safe. If anyone tries to hurt the Marsh bunnies, Vicky will scratch and bite them.

That's like what this entire discussion was about. The idea that they can't save their son's ass, no matter how good their lawyers or how "influential" people assume them to be.

Sure, they'd probably get him into a mental institution cell instead of jail cell. But that's about it. He killed people. In the ending this discussion was about, two people. And he serially committed crimes, and knew of and potentially participated to an extent in a great number of more such crimes.

Thankfully the western justice systems are not yet so corrupt that killers and serial abusers regular-ly walk free unscathed because they are rich. Let alone in cases as high-profile and scandalous as this one would be.

>he serially committed crimes, and knew of and potentially participated to an extent in a great number of more such crimes
*heinous crimes against young, innocent people, that is.

Justice system blah blah.
No matter what Mr.Prescott can save his fucking son's ass in every way. And retards in Arcadia Bay just watch this bullshit just like they shutted their eyes to drug dealer's existence, psycho in town kidnapping girls easily, (some girl's suicide)

K.

Everything I'm looking for in a girl

k

>Anonymous
Chloe pls