pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4332/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8609/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10481/?
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistic_weave
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for modders really ought to take more inspiration from these old ass comics instead of shitting out modern gun / outfit #2342525

I didn't want to destroy the institute cause the free healthcare

Not the user who insulted it first, but it should be blatantly apparent that the entire summary is a cliche storm of terrible fucking writing.

Is there an official /fog/ discord?

So at least it fits current fallout games?

Devs didn't took that much of an inspiration to begin with.

Not really. For all of the shitty writing, it's not quite the sort of chiche shit that the described plot was.

>Modders should make what what I want reeeee

So a game with cliched beginning can't be good?

I never said shit about the quality of the game in any form aside from the summary of the start of it's plot being stupid and cliched as all fuck.

Cliched, sure but how exacly is it stupid?

Because from past experience with vidya plots, I get the feeling that my PC would probably end up being dragged into some other bullshit by the people who know shit about my past and won't share until I do some arbitrary tasks or pledge myself to their cause or use shit that I don't remember against me.

because that's what happens in every fucking amnesia plot.

>if you kill bradberton before sierra can go talk to him, you can keep her alive and get a cap reward
curiously, the end-quest text does not reflect this

And that is bad how exacly? There is a reason why cliches are cliches to begin with.

Newfag to FO4edit question; How do I remove a mod from a merged patch?

I used modern firearms on my last playthrough but now I want to remove it, but to get it to play with my other weapon mods i made a merged patch.

Make a new merged patch.

Not that user, I never really made a merged patch before would it help with lag in fallout 4 and stability in Skyrim? I've dabbled in merged patches but never really used one as I thought it would break from the various mods I use. Fallout 4, for example, has over 200 mods.

Yeah, fewer plugins run better. Also there's no way none of those 200 mods are conflicting. Repackaging loose texture files speeds up loading with 4 for sure, too. Skyrim not so much, as it uses the old archive type that doesn't optimize things as well.

Alright thanks. If I wanted to, how would I delete the old one? Inside FO4Edit or another way?

It can help stability but you've gotta be careful with it. Its necessary for some weapon mods in FO4 that use the same leveled lists and thus won't spawn like they're supposed to if used together.

Just deactivate it like you do any other mod.

>bust my ass doing railcuck quests to get ballistic weave for desdemona's fatigues
>kill them all and claim my prize
>you can only put weave on a handfull of clothing items
>the fatigues aren't one of them

There are a bajillion mods to make it easier to get the weave and to put it on everything.

Use them.

has anyone made a FO4 mod to make the game fun yet?

>inb4 console player

Yea its called uninstall.

Frost is decent too.

Unless they're playing on the PS4, I doubt they'd have trouble with the shit i told him to get.

PS4 players would probably have trouble with getting mods that let them get the weave early.

Pc, but my connection is a fucking mess

I guess if I have to put some effort in for feasable style so be it

The mods for that sort of thing are going to be really small.
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4332/
1 kb total.

If you have a connection enough to post on Veeky Forums, you've got connection enough to download bare bones ass mods that muck around with just some numbers in the game files.

I know I can deactivate it, but for the sake of knowing and if I want to clean up my list from unused plugins. Is there a way to delete it?

Deactivate it, go into your data folder, and delete the .esp file.

Got it. Didn't know if there was a way I could do it in FO4E.

Thanks for answering. Sorry if my questions seem retarded.

I have a weave mod on the ps4, Im using it now. As long as there is an account and connection then it should be easy to get.

i love you /fog/ i disagree with some of you sometimes but i love you all
even 4 fans

>tfw no altyn helmet for F4

Graham has such a great ass.

so um

why the weird white/transparent outlines around objects?

turning off the post-processing filter fixes it, but i'm not sure which part of the filter to change to fix them

turns out it was caused by object sharpness
game looks better with it on, so guess i'll just ignore it

Is this quest interesting, or is there any notable loot I can get from doing it?

The roleplayer in me wants to shoot this commie bastard right in his chink face for even asking a US army vet to help him restore the ship he used to blow my city to smithereens

dungeon-end tier random loot

You can get some neat outfits and a few shots of nuclear missiles iirc.

I never actually got around to doing the quest personally.

I did this quest.
if you don't want to read spoilers, dont read it.

so essentially you do the quest, grab him some shit he needs at a factory up north for his sub. you come back and help him fix the sub and restart the core. there is a hazmat suit you can grab while helping fix his sub because it's littered in radiation spots, some heavier than others. you can loot most stuff on the sub without consequence. and at the end of it all you get a thanks and some beacon transmitters to call in missile strikes from his sub. I have yet to need to use them so i can't comment about that. but seems like a cool concept.

I never use that shit, same with Archimedes
>Oh I might need that later
and other bad excuses

Alright, probably just gonna blast him in the face and loot the ship then. I have plenty of mini nukes at my disposal so I'm not really worried about not getting that, and hazmat suits are easy to come by.

You mean the the square fucking pixels around anything with a speck of light behind it? Because that ruins so many fucking screenshots, and seems to be an inherent part of the engine somehow. ENB has only made it worse than vanilla.

Weaker than MM artillery, and typical explosion effect. I was so fucking disappoint.

well shit. at least i found a power armor on the hill near the factory i had to get the part for him from.
then again i probably would have found it on my own anyways.

How do I get power in FROST?

Is there any way other than the hunting perk to get food?

Howdy

how do i make my enb not fuck my ability to read my pipboy

tfw the smartest person here

uninstall the eyecancer

I just opted to not find the yangtze on my Enclave playthrough where I shot up Goodneighbor and destroyed the Brotherhood.
The war is long over, the poor guy just wants to go home.

>not owning the original retail with over 10,000 hours since 1997

My CD is beyond fucked

www.commit-suicide.com

nope!

are you ok?

Why so ded?

My ex-boyfriend ran off with my original copy of FO1 and 2 that I bought from Fry's in like 1999 and never gave it back

It was this one that came in a double pack, they had a whole bunch of games like this, one of the other ones I bought had Diablo and Warcraft 2.

I miss browsing through Frys and Micro Center for this stuff.

What does FROST actually do, and what good mods is it compatible with?

Total conversion style mod

Prepare to be hungy, thirsty, tired, infected, broken limbs, and out of ammo

is frost really that brutal?? that's what i've heard, but you know how people either exaggerate or are complete scrub tier FPS players.

What's the damage like? Am I gonna end up avoiding all gunfights because enemies soak up hits while I die in 2?

So, has anyone fixed the damn neck seams for CBBE yet?
And on an unrelated note why do the armors for The Mercenary Pack appear above, higher on the Z plane, than the CBBE reference body when trying to edit in Outfit Studio?

There's very little ammo; enemies with guns are rare and they don't get extra ammo. If your fights take too long they switch to melee and you're fucked if you were hoping on reloading.

So you think, fuck it, I'mma go blitz melee.

Then you get fucked over because feral ghouls are immune to HP damage except against headshots

Does anyone know how to fix lights flickering off when you move?

Can you still cripple ghoul limbs?

Also armor seems a lot stronger than it is in vanilla.

And there's no damage increase perks for ranged weapons; they increase accuracy/increased range and give misc bonuses (automatics stagger, eg)

Main way to kill a large group of ghouls is to use explosives and kill/cripple all you can then close in to finish off the stragglers

Is there any power armor?

Nice. I'll try it out. Started a Survival run of Fallout 4 and it was boring, this definitely seems more my speed. How does it handle saving/checkpoints?

Beds

Power armor makes you feel like a god

Or at least, it does against "survivors" armed with only pool cues

>Power armor makes you feel like a god
As it really kinda should, it was the greatest in pre-war military technology, you should be practically invulnerable to ghouls, dogs, melee, and small arms, and pieces should have a high damage threshold before breaking.
I don't know how you'd properly balance that though.

Make it rare. Make turn you in to a walking target. If power cores are still a thing, limit them drastically.

What are must have perks/special for survival?

Is it super rare as it should?

I'm a hoarder so I was never able to use power armor in regular Fallout 4 without worrying I'd "waste" their fusion cores.

I don't know how much more uncommon they are in FROST than in vanilla

>unactivated Windows

Wow, what a fucking retard.

In addition to hoarding I also HATE power armor UI

Fuck was the marine armor ever a mistake.
Who thought that looked good?

I get the feeling it was originally supposed to be power armor but they repurposed the mesh

Okay, I figured it out. It's caused by ENB. Downgrading to v0.291 fixed it.

Amazingly there's plenty of people who thought it was AWESOME

I like mixing it with other things.

Get the right body weight and combination of gear and it looks alright. The helmet is just no good, though.

I thought that might be the case too.

Speaking of Power armor, do you think anyone will make an actual Advanced Power armor mod for Fallout 4, that's just an outfit rather than the massive pre-war exoskeleton?
I like X-01 and everything, but it just rubs me the wrong way that it's just different pauldrons on the pre-war T-45 skeleton.
X-01 is menacing, but the APA is made to be strong and versatile.

I think the APA's appearance in FO4 is the best it's been personally

Part of why the power armor looked so shit in FO3/NV I think is that it reused the base human animations instead of having its own unique, powerful animations and skeleton.

Like this, you have that wide, strong stance in addition to the extra bulk of the suit. If you use the lanky, 'i don't know what to do with my hands' pose then of course it will look shitty.

Someone made that mod a long time ago

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8609/

I know, X-01 looks generally ok, but as a lore junkie it just bothers me.

The X-01 does have some design details that bother me though., like how chunky the legs are, and how the sides of the neck guard are attached to the shoulders rather than the torso, and the eyes not being yellow.

Also the power armor animations in Fallout 4 are pretty clunky in general.

Looks to be only T-45.
And without a helmet at that.

>another literal who trip
>another uppity retard who is too dense to do simple Nexus searches

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10481/?

It's about starting a conversation.

Whoops, trip carries over from Halo Geneal

Also that reskin I've known about for ages is nice, but it definitely doesn't resolve what I was talking about.

Is Mod Organizer reliable for FO4 yet, or should I just use
>NMM?

It adds a unique (not in appearance, yet) frame that X-01 uses and uses alone

That's literally what you said, in other words; regardless whether the skeletons being a new addition rubs you wrong, it's almost certain all PAs were built with frames as that's what makes sense

I guess, it still bothers me, but my autism is unquenchable, the fucking collar needs to be fixed, it should be tethered to the torso, not the shoulders. Maybe just a classic redesign mod would be better.

You could say he has a fire ass, cause damn that's a really hot dude

thats blatantly wrong. Also

>find rr
>switchboard with deacon
>help carrington
>do mercer safehouse
>do dia cash
>talk to tinker Tom
>now you have ballistic weave
busted your ass? literally shouldnt have taken more than an hour and a half unless youre playing survival

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistic_weave

you cant even create complex enough mod setups to warrant the use of MO in F4