Ive asked this before

Ive asked this before.
Best 4x4 truck or SUV for $5k or less.
I haul wood and a motorcycle from time to time.
Would mostly be used for hauling/camping
90% freeway driving
I know they dont coincide but - mpg, hp, reliability are all factors.

Ive done a ton of reading and all manufacturers have their issues. None seem to shine as "best" imo.
Willing to consider full size, would rather not though.
Absolutely no nissan or jeep

Ranger. Adequate power, good reliability and decent mpg. If you're gonna be towing a lot i'd get a bigger truck though. The ranger does alright but I wouldn't want to tow on the highway all the time with it.

No

I live in Commiefornia so I have no experience with salt. What I can tell you that my ranger has been a great truck, and I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone. I'd imagine if you took proper care of your frame and washed it with fresh water regularly you'd be fine.

Why buy a ranger when the F150 gets the same mpg and can do more?
Rangers probably have the worst power to mpg of all small trucks.
Plus they arent that reliable.
Not worth buying

That's all surface rust, there's nothing there that is rotten enough to be of concern. The spring shackle even looks OK and those are usually the first thing to rust away.

Well then you've answered your own question OP. Buy an f-150 if you want a fullsize. In my personal experience, the ranger's been a great truck.

F150s blow out spark plugs.
My grandfather has one and its been nothing but terrible.

Then buy a ranger. 3.0 is anemic but bulletproof, 4.0 has good power but early sohc motors had issues. 4 cylinder 4x4s are few and far between

Go back to
No rangers
They suck

>S-10/blazer
Trash
>Toyota
Toyota tax
>Durango/Dakota
V8s sludge up also >chrysler
Yep looks like you need a ranger OP

Ranger is just as trash as S10
A 300k mile tacoma would be better

>Tacoma folding into a taco.jpg
You're shooting yourself in the foot

Really?
Nice meme

>couldn't find a pic of a ranger
You'll be buying one soon

This is why i can never get a real answer

You got a real answer that you won't accept.

Ive had a s-10 for ten years now, got it for plowing and used it as a DD/ plow truck for ten years now. Its been on its last leg for the past couple years, but I could still run around in it and it still plows extremely well. Its a solid truck and I try to rinse the undercarriage off as much as possible. S-10s are getting pretty cheap, but they all have high miles now, if you can find a low mile version thats real clean I would go for it. With the right tire and wheel they can actually look pretty nice as well.

>90% freeway driving
>4x4

what is 4x4 with selectable 2wd

Snow exists.
Also have used 4x4 a lot in mud or creek crossing or steep hills

>Nonchalant whistling

>Snow exists.
>he cant drive in snow without 4x4

>needing 4wd for snow
unless you live on the rubicon, you don't need 4x4 for snow.

>No nissan or jeep
>rangers suck
>f-150s suck
>s-10s suck
>needs a truck with decent mpgs
Considering you ruled out almost all trucks your choices are rusty clapped out toyotas with a million miles for less than 5k. Enjoy.

>Retards who have never been in more than an inch
Got my 4x4 stuck a few times just in my driveway.
But guess what. Click into 4x4 and im out of my driveway without hassle.
Back into 2wd for the road.

>he needs 4x4 to get out of his driveway
Let me introduce you to this simple tool.

Maybe if your a poor ass nigger you can shovel

>2ft of snow
>6 inches of solid ice under that
Fuck off, ill just drive out in 4x4

>They don't clear their driveways after it snows

Get a s10 blazer/Jimmy rangers are cheap trash 4.3 v6 is goat just watch vacume lines because they rot and thats what runs the 4x4 I've had mine For 2 years putting 30000 miles a year on it and still no major issues also get one of the mid 90s models with the clam shell rear so much better

Bruv, get a Mazda b2600i 4x4. It gets good mileage cuz it's a 4 banger. It's a 2.6 that makes 114-hp, and 166ft-lbs at the rear wheels.

>Inb4 Mazda b2600 is a ranger it's not!

Mazda used their own design and power train till 1993. It's well put together, and the fit and finish is on point, therfor it cant possibly be a ford. Post 1994 Mazda trucks are ford derived rangers.

>s10
>better than ranger
The 4.3 is the only thing it has going for it. Everything else doesn't compare well with the ranger.

What is
Build quality
Towing capacity

OP here.
Thats what i own exactly.
Its a great truck. Just severely lacking in power

>talking about small trucks and towing capacity in the same thread

All the 4x4 S10s in my area have dudebro wheels with bald tires in the rear and are missing door panels or other random parts
>$8000 bro
>i know what i got
>ultra rare ZR2
No thanks.

>F150s blow out spark plugs.
Isn't that just the Triton engines, though?

Yeah. The other engines arent worth looking at power wise though

Bruh the base Silverado of the same era uses the same engine trans combo

It's enough power, if you want get some headers, a mega squirt system, and better intake bruv, cus that the best pre obd 4banger in existence. It will give you the power you want.

Chevy
>ass tier transmission and 4cyl
Ford
>ass tier 4.0 sohc and TTB, rare 4wd
Nissan
>timing chains, hubs, anemic V6, rust
Jeep
>cps and twice the price of anything else
Toyota
>rust and twice the price of anything else

choose one and deal with it faggot

Im not going to spend thousands on an old truck just to make a couple HP on a really old engine.
Its a great truck, but not worth anything really. Especially to modify.

build quality is total ass
good luck finding one of those in serviceable condition

This faggot doesn't even know what he wants

OP here.
I own a clean B2600i 4x4
They arent rare in my area

>I need a good truck
>all other trucks are shit
>oh wait I already have one
>shilling some no-name trucc
Seems legit

Read the thread moron

Just buy a full size you raging faggot holy shit. Or buy a dakota. Better than the memes.

>Full size GM Trucks
Powerful.
Reliable.
Cheap.

This is my 99 Tahoe (Bought used ie the nigger rims) and its never faild me yet.

Recommend a full size then.
All i see is fords blowing out spark plugs and 4x4 that doesnt work
Vortec chevys shit trannies and diffs
Dodges shit everything

Listen here you stupid nigger, for 5k it's gonna be a lottery no matter what you buy, rangers, s10s, dakotas, f150s, tacomas whatever. Drive any of these trucks with a v6 or v8 and they'll leave your little mazda in the dust as far as power is concerned. Everything has known problems.

Since this seems to be a good thread to ask in. Im looking for a new truck that will last me a long time that i can maintain myself. Check list is v6 or higher, 4x4, and some offroad capabilities. Not rock crawling but i want to be able to take trails and snow without getting fucked up. Budget is 10k.

A+ quality post
Super helpful friend
Thanks much

>I can't use google

>i cant have a civic discussion because of crippling autism