Challenger shaker hood

Does this actually do anything practical or is it just an aesthetic boomer meme? Does it enhance performance in any way?

It used to help in "boomer" times. now, it's just for appearances.

Half assed throwback from a better time

>better time
>shitty malaise era garbage

lolwat

>carburetion
>better

Go to bed, grandpa.

Don't you boys have homework to do?

1978 was 39 years ago gramps

no auto company has fucked with carbs for over 20 years in the US and those are the embodiment of the term "Fireturd"

No added performance. And on top of that, modern engine smoothness and motor mounts means it hardly shakes.

Reviewers have noted it moving when in wot and revving. Also gives it more of a whoosh sound.

it is indeed a boomer meme

It drops tempt by a few degrees, but not enough to be noticeable.

I wanted one just for looks, but not really work $2k extra.

I might buy the new T/A hood and the Hellcat Intake at some point in the future, much better cooling.

They should bring this back, not a pretty car, but damn the design is bad ass. I like the slim profile, unlike the fat look of other modern muscle cars. If they ever bring it back under the buick name, it would be a meal ticket for struggling buick.

They will never do it because GM isn't interested in having it cannibalizing sales from the Camaro/Corvette.

why would they ever do that

dumb idea

Why not bring it back, its an iconic car and would definitely be sought after if they brought it back with the same paint scheme.

Because

they already have the Camaro
why would they bring back the Firebird as a Buick

Well im not looking at it from a GM exec perspective, I just am saying, as a consumer. I would personally be interested in one of these as I currently do not like any modern muscle cars.

Because they're not Dodge and only care about profit?

listening to the consumer too much is a good way to go bankrupt

On a fun note, here's a 2016 trans am based on a camaro frame

I like it

it's a cold air vent that feeds the cone filter