/ss13g/ - Spessmen on a Spess Station General

Last Thread:
The End Times Edition
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>The bunker went up
>The bunker went down
>It was too little too late
>Like the Visigoths in Rome we are being plundered by the HippieBayYouTubeRedditTG infiltrators

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=18161&sid=9458de28e54d91e01cb111044148ae33#p18161
led.itch.io/tilemancer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unban 2hotdogs

FIRST FOR REMOVE THE PANIC BUNKER
LET THE GO- HIPPIES IN

What's wrong with metacomming anyway if it doesn't hurt anyone?

get cucked get rekt dummy

dam..

Screenshotting this post for when you post your ban appeal and promise to be "sorry".

maybe next time

it ok we can still be friend

i wasn't the one who posted this

>apologizing for struggling but still doing your job properly
Please never leave. You are a good player.

>every single issue and PR about no-fruit devolves into a shouting match between despotate and kilozombie

It was me

Is there a way to see your notes, like in the public logs or anything like that?

I wanna see my notes but I don't want admins to know that I want to see my notes.

The public logs only show when an admin edits your notes, not what they added or what your notes are in general.
Your only option is to PM an admin or become an admin.

>become an admin
>just to see your notes

Sounds like a good plan, i'll do it.

>YOU'RE ALL TERRIBLE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD DIE
>JUST UNBAN ME SO I CAN PLAY WITH YOU

Wow that what you honestly think I believe of you huh? wow.

Once I get something to argue about, I stop being very reasonable. Sorry.
Hey, if I'm not looking like an angry cunt, it's gonna be yclat or whoever else, so

I only talk to you how I talk to myself. Why is everyone such a fucking pussy?

When am I getting the 30~ percent of my paycheck the government doesn't let me see back? When's he gonna fix that, huh? I don't give a fuck about 'muh degenerates muh mexicans mer jerb', I want my goddamn money back, not my money being wasted on a wall.

I played a long time ago on Veeky Forumsstation and Veeky Forumsstation and I have returned to play again. I used to staticname as Billy Pilgrim but I highly doubt anyone remembers me. I'm basically relearning everything.

Jobs I have tried to learn:

>Chemistry
Fun but it's very important so people will rage at you if you aren't fast enough or aren't entirely sure how to make certain things.

>Scientist
R&D is the same as chemistry, too important for anyone to let you learn it
I can't get the hang of toxins at all
Xenobio seems weird, I fed a billion monkeys to the slimes and they still didn't split or evolvulate
Telescience doesn't seem like an actual job in and of itself
Xenoarchaeology is fun but lonely

>Doctor
Turboautists are in complete control so there's very little room to learn anything and if you fuck up you get bwoinked

>Engineer
Boring as fuck. Very little to do except setting stuff up at the start. Maybe you'll fix a floor somewhere.

>Atmos Tech
How the fuck do I do literally anything

>Mechanic
How the fuck do I do literally anything

>Botany
Had a great deal of fun but I honestly can't make heads or tails of any of the genetic manipulation stuff. Went as far as injecting 15 mutagen into a plant and hoping for the best, but I still don't really get it.

>Trader
I don't really get the point. I just sort of defaulted to a voxponicist but I got lonely and bored.

Any advice, Veeky Forums?

>ancaps

you're an idiot dude trump didn't make taxes holy shit you dumb nigger whats wrong with you

Atmos has a steep learning curve. And theres hardly any info on the wiki about it, unlike research.

What is it you want to know about Atmos?

How do I join the ERP metaclub as a submissive crossdressing grayy with no dick?

No he's just raising them to pay for MUH WALL

why do you put emphasis on the things that clearly bother you?

Responses
>Chemistry
Try playing MD instead. Chemistry is a more dedicated job and yeah, it's like that. All of Medbay has access to Chemistry now.
>Scientist
Don't know shit
>Doctor
Yeah. Just try to etch out your own little corner and do a dedicated job. Be the emergency receptionist and do preliminary work on patients, do surgery, or some other job like that
>Engineer
Fun for some, awful for others. I'm the latter
>Atmos tech
Ask an atmos tech to help.
>Mechanic
Scan items, get materials, duplicate items. Also put parts into machines to make them better.
>Botany
Basically, you get a type of genome from a plant, plant X (like, how fast it grows). Then you splice or purge it into another plant, plant Y. Splicing averages the two stats between X and Y, purging forces it to be exactly like X. If you splice multiple times you can keep traits from both without losing anything, since it'll average closer and closer to X.
>Trader
It's a roleplay job and anyone who suggests otherwise is either perpetuating a meme or they think tradertiding is legitimate. Just learn to enjoy trading and RP.

>wanting to see all of your paycheck means you're an ancap
If 'not wanting the government to steal egregious amounts of my money without my input' means being an ancap, then yeah, I am. Fairtax when? Put Trump's dog to work and get HR 25 passed already instead of wasting more time and money on appeasing the bible belt and building a wall that won't do anything.

>it's a only bad when trump does it episode

Why do you ask irrelevant questions instead of addressing pertinent matters?

ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=18161&sid=9458de28e54d91e01cb111044148ae33#p18161
PUT IT BACK UP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Then you splice or purge it into another plant, plant Y
How? The wiki leaves out a great deal of "hows" on a lot of guides.

Because I can and It's dank memes to pivot like this.

>taxes are only bad when trump is in office

>no dick
We don't want you

Basically
1. put X seed in the big bulky machine
2. extract genome
3. put a blank flora disk in the big bulky machine
4. put the section of the genome you want onto the disk by clicking on it (for example, development, which is growth time and a few other things)
5. disk pops out, put it in the other machine
6. put Y seed in the other machine also
7. do all yer splicing and yer purging
8. pop out Y seed when you're ready, plant analyze it to see how it's doing

SOON

Where was that said? Where, exactly, was that said, word for word, or even moderately implied?
Taxes are always fucking bad, and while necessary, ours are convoluted and bad for the economy as a whole due to the outrageous corporate taxes which fuck everyone over. Trump wants to complain and fuss about american businesses leaving the country, but has yet to understand WHY they're leaving the country.

Lavaland?

>taxes are always bad
I want libertarians to leave

I don't care about your wild fantasies of how you think you should benefit in society when all my logic, care and reason was rejected by you long ago.

Fuck off, statist bootlicker.

Perhaps they could be leaving because labor laws, and standards of living are on levels of magnitude lower than what is required in the United States.

Perhaps a way to rectify this is to increase the cost of foreign goods by taxing them. Which will make the consumer look for alternative sources of the good, or pay a higher cost to acquire said good.

Do hippies actually play SS13? Also I live in an area with high hippie density, does that make me a hippie? We're talking level 45 hippies here

>punish the consumer for the government's mistakes
Sounds pretty libtarded if you ask me my man.

>le statism is bad meme
Please explain to me how you think a society without a central state could possible protect and provide for everyone who isn't in the majority

What is that blue mass?

>haha let's just tank our trade agreements and fall back on our nonexistent manufacturing sector while making ourselves irrelevant in the eyes of the rest of the world and in our own businesses

Fuck libertarians, fuck yeah roads.

Roads

Well what a worker will accept for a wage isn't the fault of the government.

Also a consumer does not necessarily pay the tax if there are substitutes for the good. Economics is largely just propaganda.

>The first thing they teach you in econ 101 is to assume people are rational.

HEY HEY
HO HO
VEEGEE ELITISM HAS GOT TO GO

SAY IT LOUD
SAY IT CLEAR
HIPPIE REFUGEES ARE WELCOME HERE

WHOSE SERVER?
EVERYONE'S SERVER
WHOSE SERVER?
EVERYONE'S SERVER
WHOSE SERVER?
EVERYONE'S SERVER

People aren't going to change their buying habits for the most part
They're going to complain how prices have gone up but they're going to keep buying it because muh brand recognition, muh corporate brainwashing
Reminder that capitalism is a disease

Trump was dead to me when he imposed his ignorance on the intellectuals of the government
He had some good ideas but as far as I'm concerned, what he did was unconstitutional and should get him in serious trouble right off the bat

>lmao lets just make the businesses that left never come back! that'll show 'em!

Do you realize what you're suggesting essentially trying to bully the industrial sector into coming back by making it MORE corporate-unfriendly? What insane brand of logic are you using that makes you think making this place harder to do business in will encourage more corporations to make jobs here?

>what he did was unconstitutional
What did he do?

Gag order on NASA, EPA, NPS, etc to forbid them from talking about climate change
It's overreaching, not to mention blatantly wrong

Don't worry, he'll probably get an impeachment over that in 2 years when the Dems take over congress.

meh, at least it's blue.
i think it'd look better if only the edges of its expansion were jagged, and the tiles that didn't border space were solid.
does it have to look retardedly threatening and sinister for us to "get it?" it's just dumb.

>stuck with Pence
I'd actually be ok with that, because he's just more of the same typical dumbass republican
He's religiously crazy, but not as ambitious, narcissistic, and willfully ignorant as Trump

I'd honestly rather be stuck with Pence, and I say this as the kind of person he'd order government-mandated brain damage for, because he's the kind of insane that can't do anything at all, and he at least has a few not completely insane ideas, as opposed to the orange tic-tac.

Get the fuck out of here with this political discussion bullshit. I thought I still had /pol/ open after switching to this tab, jesus fucking christ.

This is a spacemans thread.

>going to /pol/
Mootwo should just pull a /fur/ and ban everyone who has posted on /pol/
It's THE most cancerous board on the site

/pol/ started it. That's my defense and I'm sticking to it.

In actual spessmens news, let's post stories of when you felt most in-tune with the validz; Not stories of outright robustness, but more when you didn't even realize you were taking out the trash, be it just reflexively dunking shitters or handing a Flukeop's ass to them without breaking a sweat.

I have never done this beyond disarming Sawbones and pricking him with his own Chloral hypo.

Containment board.
On the other hand, it's a pretty obvious echo chamber and everyone who enters leaves miserable and shittier for it.

explain what this is

Going up against five cultists and winning. At least one of them was dead when the fight started, but still.

>be me
>diona nymph early in the round
>rin, HoS, gets exploded in the bar and gibbed and her head is lost
>start getting ZAS'd to death in the resultant breach
>evolve
>grab all her shit and put it on
>"pose" as HoS for the entire round though everyone knows it's not me
>we end up finding and executing three traitors while being the nicest security squad yet

>containment board
That doesn't do its job and leaks like a sieve
>there are people who claim it isn't an echo chamber

led.itch.io/tilemancer

very programmer oriented tool, try it out

sorry nexy but those edge transitions don't cut it, you can probably get better results with it in a short time

Yeah, I have a similar process.

Pomf himself has posted on /pol/.

Why on earth have they not fixed the fucking Supermatter's Bluespace Rift not working?

>Somebody calls you out on the thread
>It's not you just somebody pretending to be you
>You're asleep

>be pointing man
>pointing at bawka in maint while he makes me a ghetto spacesuit
>assistant in knight armor shows up
>he thinks bawka is a bad guy and kidnapping me even though I'm standing up completely unrestrained at 100% health
>he walks up to bawka
>he moment I hear his toolbox inevitably hit my bird friend, I've already disarmed him and knocked him out with his own toolbox and proceed to murder him to save my feathery friend
>his PAI calls for sec
>sec comes over to arrest bawka
>say the only words I said the entire game
>"Bird innocent. Release bird."
>they do
>continue pointing at bawka for rest of shift

Let's settle this once and for all.

Is space station thirteen a role-playing game?

The past grenade is now essentially complete, all that's left is to add special cases for certain items, to reset vars specific to those items.
The monkeyman was also healed in this WebM, he just didn't stand up because he didn't have a mind.

>game
check
>roleplaying
check

SS13 is a multiplayer roguelike.

Yes but the mechanics put the roleplaying into perspective and give it a reason to exist.
Otherwise you're doing Bar Patron Simulator 9000 and I've been a part of enough roleplaying communities to know that's a really bad thing.

The "Anti female character" agenda is retarded

t. Actually spoken to a girl irl in the past month.

Women are the devil and consorting with them is a sin

The people who play as females are mentally ill males who want to be fucked up the ass by their dad. Hating female characters has nothing to do with a phobia of women.

>fucking around in the chapel other some other dude as my fat crippled fun character that will remain unnamed but got mentioned in the thread somewhat regularly in the past
>he gets hurt in our game of casketball
>I bring him to medbay, but being fat and crippled I'm really slow
>botanist asks if it would be convenient for him to bring him there instead
>I agree and thank him
>hurt guy goes missing
>medbay says they never even got him
>begin a one-man crusade against evildoers to find my friend
>pick up a motorized wheelchair and all access from the HoP
>security officer gives me his shades and baton because he thinks I'm more capable than him
>track down and kill literally every ling
It seems like typical validhunting looking back at it, but I was in a fucking trance while I did it, I was too pissed for anything else to matter. I wanted revenge.

What is the best way for new guy to learn how to play and learn what jobs do and how? Just be assistant and come knocking in random rooms screaming "GIVE ME JOB NAO!"?

fuck around on the test server for a while

Not all of them, only the degenerate erpers. You can play a female character just fine. Only a complete weirdo would reject female characters on concept.

If my DM did that I'd call him a retard. However for stuff like kitsune sorcerers dual wielding katanas I understand.

Yes, without doubt
Being able to play a game without roleplaying doesn't make it not a roleplaying game

Honestly, SS13 is probably the most roleplay-based game I know of, other than TTRPGs

Having a mentor as an assistant for jobs with lots of interaction (medbay, security), and going to the test server and trying shit for jobs that require less interaction and more knowledge (engineering, science).

There are two main rules to go by when playing a job:
1. Don't fuck literally everything up
2. Perform or provide whatever you are responsible for
If you are able to meet these two things, congrats, you are already better than most players.

Not fucking everything up doesn't mean you can't screw up ever. Accidentally plasmaflooding a single room using a canister? No biggie. Singuloosing? That's a problem. Just make sure you know how to deal with sensitive things like that, and you should be more than good.

Hey now, Im trying my dang best to quit being so mad, just don't try adding non humans or make them normal instead of alien/port hippie tier shit and Im fine with a lot of stuff.

i need to stop playing medbay

>That entire round

No, no, I agree with you on plenty of stuff. You just make arguments even flimsier than mine sometimes and it makes people respect ya less.

For the last 4 months I've been gathering logs.

The metaclub is FINISHED for all time.

next time pal, open the cover before using a emag

Talk about a fun round, even though i was a borg