mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Rough Ride your new forklift here:
mwomercs.com/roughneck

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide (did you notice this) to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-MifuPzQYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for memes

Nova for CW Scouting, run 9x SPL or ~12x SL with MGuns, whichever you like more

Repost:

>FUCKING BUSHWANKERS IN SCOUT WAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, FUCKING SERVER ISSUES WAAAAAAAAARGH

>I must hold on for a week, then i'll make them pay in missile c-bill Huntsman.

Which ECM light?

And which 3 locust variants should I get?

Oi I'm currently working on getting night gyrs for FP in order to exploit their advantage on the super hot maps (tourmaline desert, Vitric Forge and Terra Therma mostly) but I have a hard time deciding on good builds for them, partly because they get nice quirks if you keep the omnipods.

Do you guys got nice suggestions that'll work well on the super hot maps? Currently just got the C but I have enough c-bills to buy the second variant already.

Don't worry about 8/8 kwerks, run 3x UAC5 + UAC10 or 2Goose/1Pepsi

The two energy boat variants are obvious choices, but I cant decide between 50% cooldown 1V or the slightly tankier with 10% laser duration 3V

ECM MLX - the only viable CERPPC carrier.

That cooldown - mount an LPL, get mobule, elite and have fun with LPL working as spl

Shame, it isnt on sale. I'll keep it in mind, since I have other mechs to finish mastering.

Sounds fun for sure. Do I just go max XL engines and hill climb?

>only viable CERPPC carrier

what

>played enough games to repair my NCIX shitmech's stats from 0.56 to 0.90

Good enough.
Fuck this robot, and fuck IS XL engines.

Are you shure you remember about exp wipeout and a new skilltree incoming in 60-90 days?

>inb4 IS LFE that lets you run the 3xSRM6+A & 2xML build with STD engine with a 25% faster engine

Wow, the community all over LFE, i'll laugh a lot when LFE wont come in Summer.

Bamp
Whats a good hero mech to buy on the current sale?

>Lights
Oxide and Pirates Bane are both good. Oxide is still the best brawler light IS has, Pirates bane is a useful locust since it has ECM.

>Mediums
Medusa is fucking great with either 7x c-SPL, 6x c-SPL 4x Memeguns, or even 10x c-ERSL.

X-5 is a good 40 ton sniper, 2x ERLL or 3x ERLL, whatever floats your boat this thing does nicely. Doesn't jump though.

>Heavies
Jester is great laser 65 tonner with 2x jump jets. Large pulses, ER larges or even ERPPCs, its great.

Butterbee is kinda eh. 4x Missile 4x Energy, does artemis SRM6 brawling well but loses its "arms" really fast leaving you with shitty medium lasers in the side torsos. Play it like a big griffin and it does well.

Bounty Hunter is basically a jumping black knight with good quirks though a smaller engine cap. Bounty Hunter

Ilya Muromets does dakka stuff somewhat okay thanks to quirks, but since those are going away next month it's bit of a toss up whether or not to get a 3x Ballistic 3x Energy cataphract. Currently does 1x Gauss 2x ERPPC, 2x gauss 3x ML, 2x UAC5 and 3x LL well.

>Assault
Misery is miserable. While it does 3x ERLL 2x LPL, 3x LPL 2x PPC, or even 2xPPC + Gauss/ AC20 well, its still a stalker with a shoddy engine cap.

>Bounty Hunter

Forgot to type the rest of the sentence: Bounty Hunter does varied laser builds as well as laser + AC20 both with standard and XL engine well.

>Bounty hunter
>3656 pig dollars
Fuck, I know I shouldnt but it really looks good

It's actually worth it for that price.

You get a good 1x B 7x energy 75 tonner with good geometry, good qwerks and good loadout possibilities.

I mean the booty hunter even does jumping 2x ERPPC + Gauss builds well.

>circlestrafing c-erppc boats
>circlestrafing dualgoose king crab

speed is life

>Metamechs got updated
FUCK
I thought this fucker died so he could stop spreading his meme builds

Sure, most of his builds are boring as hell, but why does everyone get their panties in a twist over someone spending way too much time sharing their opinion on mechbuilds?

His builds are pretty much just the same things, which is why I personally dont like his mechs

Who the fuck is that [PGI] Tina bitch, anyone got pics of her?

Tell me - why XL KingCrabs arent allowed in meta, albeit they can carry goose-pepsi?

Imagine being a huge piece of shit like the dire whale except you can't lose a side torso

Lackluster quirks. Huge torso so anyone can aim at any part without trying. Lowslung arms. Arms so wide that your weapons will converge poorly or hit friendlies. Obvious xl builds are obvious.

Because of the hitboxes.

Not only are they still noticeably big and easy to hit from the front and side, but they are notoriously vulnerable from the top to LRM fire of all things.

So when braindead niggers that fuck feces on their spare time can kill you with ease, you know theres a problem.

Not to mention king crab doesn't have any armor or structure quirks for its side or center torso by virtue of "having more gun options than an atlas."

It's an inner sphere version of the dire wolf without even the slight added survivability of the clan XL. Sure you can run faster than a dire wolf, but on a big fat waddling crab, that's not often worth the one shot wonder status.

Ok, thx user, i got it.
Although i die in DWF most of the times from CT kill. But still i got the idea.

Because he's like the queef, an attention whore who wants money for some one elses effort during an earlier time. aka, Ebaumsworld, Reddit, other attention whores.

Redpill me on the chicken walker sale lads, should I blow my 5m injection on any of these clan Mechs?

She's Horo.

Worthy clams in order from best to worst:
>forest doge
>nova
>ebin
>scat
>shitcrow
>maddog (if you like splat and/or need a 60 tonner for dropdecks)
>toilet-IIC
Ignore the rest unless you love a particular shitmechs.

Alex "FlyingDebris" in the stalker outfit.

Maybe next year they'll cosplay successful developers.

Unf, next time I'll buttplug my bushwanker into her kodiak.

Guys is MWO p2w?

Is it better to have a mech with a varried loadout in pub matches so you can contribute no matter what the condition of the match becomes or a specialized one? For example, is it worth taking a mech with a gauss for long ranged combat and a multitude of small and medium pulse lasers for brawling like several of the stock mechs have, or should I just concentrate all on one area?

It seems like when I go pure brawler, the fight devolves into an LRM/PPC/Gauss snipe game, if I do pure sniper, our lines wind up overrun before I have much of an opportunity to do anything worthwhile, and if I do a mix, my damage output is too low to be worthwhile.

tfw premium time runs out today and i don't have enough gxp still

No.
The only functional "hybrid" builds are dual pepsi plus short range lasers or srms, in my experiance.
For example 2x pepsi + 3 spl loyalty helpbringer does great.
Or if you insist on being a lurming shitter, having loads ml or spl as backup is very usefull. But I wouldn't call lrm build good.

Mixed builds are never good.

Specialize
Also, never use LRMs if you want to be good/escape Tier 5.

Thanks

Wait, higher is worse? I've been wondering why I could never climb out of tier 3.

Tier 1 is the best
Tier 5 is the steering wheel LRM100 Underhive of ultimate irredeemable shitters

The only time you should go hybrid is if you're in an abominable shitmech with kitchen sink hardpoints and insufficient engine cap and cooling ability.

There's not a lot of those mechs, but some of the clan shitlanders are up there in the JUST leaderboards. Something like the HGN-IIC-B with gauss 2pepsi + 4 asrm6/ssrm6. It's like someone duct-taped a stormcrow on a warcuck, it's horrible and decent at the same time.

I loved MW2 when I was a kid.
Last time I played MWO you could clip through all the trees and everything looked hilariously bad, with almost no focus on action and most of the game just messing with building your mech that blew up in 4 seconds.

Has it gotten any better? I love BIG MECHS and I think MWO is the only one close to being action related (other than.... Hawken).

The only map where you still clip through trees is Boreal Vault, an invasion map you won't see in quick play.

Every other map has trees that are either destructible or fall down when shot with projectiles/ pushed by a mech.

Mechs still blow up in 4 seconds under focus fire from multiple enemies, and there is still a focus in making your mech actually worth taking onto the field. But now, unless you royally fuck up, you'll live at least 6 seconds under fire from an enemy so that you can return fire and take cover.

I really wish LRMs were more usable, I really like the idea of vomiting missiles down on someone, but ECM makes it pretty much impossible to really do much damage to targets unless I pick up a tag and expose myself. Or maybe one day we'll get something like that Catapult with MRM80s in LL.

I really wish lurmies would all fuck off.

The only problem with lurms is that they can hit without you having to expose yourself

If they were direct fire, no one would complain and shitters wouldn't bother to use them

LRMs are just too shitty on direct fire compared to what they should be and the bigger launchers are still gimped by increased spread. I think non-artemis lrms have the same spread and tracking strength with indirect fire and direct fire.

don't get 3, you won't need them once the xp change hits Soon™.

>tfw you have three Shitcrows and don't know what to do with the third
>every time I experiment with a different build it either feels bad, or feels so much better that I update the first two instead of keeping the third as the unique one

I hate this

>SRM crow on one
>streak crow on second
>MPL/ LPL+ERML laser vomit on third
>12 small pulse brawler on fourth

There, solved your problem.

Guys is MWO p2w?

No. it's p2getbigmechswithouthavingtoplayalot.

That doesn't make you win, I tend to do better damage as a light or medium than I do as a heavy or assault. Though I'm only about 40 matches into the game so far.

Win 12-0
>Double Digit Assault says "good teamwork"

>accurately predict where enemy team will be
>tell people to get guns pointing in said direction
>Nobody listens, end up doing most of the work in a medium mech
>People patting themselves on the back having finished off half of the critically damaged team when you personally killed a third of them
>Damage scores at the end of the game show you did more work than an entire lance combined
>"Good team work everyone" can be heard on VOIP

I wish for these people to get anal cancer and in a swift manner.

Yes.

I hate shaix

What's a good high roller build?

ihmt

3x LPL.

2x LPL 2x MPL 3x memeguns.

2xUAC5 and 4x ERML.

>2builds1screenshot

Mad Cat Two when?

expect it to be the first post timeline change mech announced

Warhammer Two See when?

>tfw brandy is dead

Soon™

it's going to be that or the Blood Asp

>you will never teambait scg again with brandy during work hours

Who?

>Build Catapult with 100 LRMs, 9 tons of ammo, and no armor
>Proceed to be the biggest shitter as I dump my entire load on any target that reveals himself for more than a couple of seconds

All it takes is a flesh eating alien virus and cybernetic implants to fix Pardo. See? It can be done.

LRM80 is fine.

>who wants money
lol there's no money
don't be silly

ded

>pilot atlas
>early in the game
>land srm volley on enemy arctic cheater's leg at almost max srm range
>shitty hitreg does it's thing for a change
>he's legged instantly
Delicious.

Truly the best waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=W-MifuPzQYc

It's going to be shit. The sooner we accept that, the faster we can kill anything resembling "hype", the faster we can get the license away from PGI.

Honestly can't wait for it. Unreal engine is what mechwarrior should have always been on.

>we can get the license away from PGI
>implying that will ever happen

Piggy won. Deal with it.

Nothing lasts forever, certainly not this license.

Exactly what everyone said five years ago, and ten years ago, and fifteen years ago.

My hateboner is eternal.

So is battletech apparently there are now multiple videogames in development.

>Battletech has multiple games in development
>they're all going to be shit

And lo, the license has changed hands numerous times since BattleTech's inception. You think this will be any different? IPs tend to do one of two things - be profitable enough to get bought up by one of the big publishers or get swapped around at the lower levels. And BT? BT is far from a cash cow when compared to the IPs that big publishers want in their stable. Blip on the radar.

how do I get in close enough as a medium brawler on an open map with limited cover like polar highlands?

Learn where the trenches are, lead the spear so your tards are more inclined to go to the good spots

I'm in tier 1 and I've never seen a trench push work when the enemies aren't completely retarded so far.

>medium brawler

lol

It is remarkable how everyone who cried doom and gloom has been proven completely wrong, but that's how it always with crazy apocalyptic preachers.