/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 30th:
516 BCE – The Second Temple of Jerusalem finishes construction.
1661 – Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, is ritually executed more than two years after his death, on the 12th anniversary of the execution of the monarch he himself deposed.
1703 – The Forty-seven Ronin, under the command of Ōishi Kuranosuke, avenge the death of their master.
1835 – Richard Lawrence attempts to shoot president Andrew Jackson, but fails and is subdued by a crowd as well as Jackson himself.

>News
CK2 DD38 - My kingdom for an interface
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-38-my-kingdom-for-an-interface.995951/

EU4 - 24/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-24th-of-january-2017.996110/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

nicky

Absolutely based.

INCOMING BUTTHURT.

>playing as merchant republic ever
>unironically having to compete against other patrician families let alone the rest of the world

absolutely disgusting, monopoly on power or bust

acidic and black

CK2 theology dlc when

friendly reminder that if you think it is even FEASIBLE for mighty serbia to get conquered by catholics, you are a nu-male cuck who should go back to >>>/paradoxplaza/

lads

theocracy*

yeehaw

t. spic/slav subhuman

this desu
I want to play Holy Orders

>two of the EUiv mega mods are incompatible with my version of the game from Steam
>decide to use the shitty ru forum to download old version of the game
>zippyshare
>11 part download
>uhhh okay I guess
>start first download
>fishy ISO
Yeah uh, why go through all this bullshit. Can't we just have a pastebin with some magnet links in it or something? I don't feel like forking up over $100 for mods.

t. World Power

>fishy
It's not fishy, that's how other people do it.
And you can go search for it online, or hell even just buy the base game (since you need that to get on the mod forum anyway)

>le pass user xD
>le wojak
Fuck off

>>le pass user xD
>>le wojak
>Fuck off
kys

>just buy the base game
I have that, I mean the mods that give you the DLC for free.

>you will never command the Knight's Hospitaller

fucking hurts, lads

>pass user
holy kek, my sides are gone

I have some questions about Darkest Hour.
1. When units have a higher "vulnerability" score, is that a good thing or a bad thing? ie. does having high vulnerability make them more or less vulnerable? It may sound obvious, but it's not really explained and I've never seen a game give a vulnerability score (as opposed to something obvious like a defense score).
2. I have absolutely no idea how diplomacy and espionage work in DH. It's entirely different from HoI III and HoI IV. So, can anyone give me a quick rundown of how diplomacy/espionage work in DH and how to use it to my advantage?

You mean the fucking pirated DLC? That's not even in a goddamn iso you dumbass, you can download the DLC seperately.

>reddit user since 2015
wow, cringe, desu you should go back

The fucking pirated DLC is for another version. Downloading the game is to get the older version dumbass.

Wow, who fucking cares. Keep cracking street addresses for Google.

pls stop fighting

>Wow, who fucking cares. Keep cracking street addresses for Google.
Maybe you could like
Take since4pass off the options so you dont look like an autistic attentionwhore (athough you may be one)?

>dumbass
You're the dumbass here. If you have the base game then you can simply downgrade the beta, then use non CreamAPI ways to activate the goddamn game. Or use the ISO that everyone else uses. Wew lad!

>athough you may be one
You clearly are since you start clapping your hands and screeching autisticly and quite loudly at the site of a green clover.

>dumbass
I called you a dumbass because you called me one dumbass. Wew fucking lad instead of pitching a fit, you could understand you shouldn't flip a table screeching how someone should something when they are asking how to do it.

how do you draw comfy borders in eastern europe without going commonblob or rusblob?

New here, question about Hoi4, can I invade a puppet country without declaring war on them after I declare war on the master? Or do I have to wait for their declaration of war?

I can melt into the background quite easily but you can't. You're actually a dumbass though if you didn't know how to pirate motherfucking DLC for a paradox game.

I mean yours is okay-ish
It might be a good idea to get one of the overhaul mods if only because they have less shit borders

>You're actually a dumbass though if you didn't know how to pirate motherfucking DLC for a paradox game.
Objectively false. You should melt into the background in real life by ended yours. Your parents are deeply disappointment in you anyway.

Please respond ;_;

You are both as equally retarded. There. Shut up now.

human trash

Nah

>Download EUIV
>Really want to do some colony action
>Don't at all want to do it with any of the normal nations
>Just stare at all of the nations

play a Baltic nation and conquer iceland as a stepping stone if necessary
play a Mediterranean nation and go trough the red sea

>Play Britanny
>Colonize the Americas
>Lose all European holdings (or sell them, whatever)
>Put your capital somewhere in North America
>ALL HAIL BRITANNIA

>start vicky 2
>open the country selection screen
>go from country to country
>realize I've played almost all of them
>remember that I know exactly what to do on each case
>close the game

Latter one sounds somewhat fun, why not.

The games have a lot of replayability but at some point it just stops

Do you want colonial nations or do you just want to colonize?

I can't even tell, I tried playing as Denmark and colonizing Canada but I got bored fast. I just don't want to play England, France, Spain, or Portugal.

Carib or Caddo if you want to begin in the americas.

Tidore or Ternate if you want to being in southeast asia.

If you want specific bonuses for colonization.

Otherwise maybe Japan, Dutch, even a country like Prussia and focus on exploration.

play the knights or one of the berber nations and raid the coasts of your colonial competitors.

Watching that anime was the best guilty pleasure I've had in my life desu, I hope season 3 is good

North America's getting even better

Yeah try japan and make it your goal to kick whitey out of north america.

What flag is that?

That flag looks shit

Annex California and give it to Anglo Deseret

Why does your flag have the Brabant lion in its center ?

Can I still achieve SPQR by playing normally or will I have to start breaking truces?

Its a flag AFPG made for me for a reactionary UK.

It looks very blurry desu

What year did you start?

Flags look the best when they're kept pretty simple senpai

What is the background to your reactionary UK?
Give me some info and I'll try to make a flag myself for you

I want to do a CK2-Vicky playthrough. I managed to blob as Poland into this, but it's too easy now.

What should I continue this save as? France? Spain?

Hungarian duke or count. Break from wendish and form carpathia. Tengri if possible

Also I forgot to mention but I managed to turn the Wendish Emperor's dynasty into Strong Genius Attractive Ubermensch through Eugenics

eh I kind of want to see this empire stand and see what the AI does with it. The Emperor is the king of Italy so might blob more there

I...

mend the schism lad

>going full retard by blobbing into hungary instead of just going de-jure Poland and 1-2 more duchies that fit well with your borders
0/10

I planned on connecting Italy to Lithuania but it's boring now

kys barbarian

>LITERALLY a pawn of the Venetians

Something vaguely like this. EU4 doesn't have the best province shapes sadly.

It kinda sucked though. Shit designs, and MUH OPPRESSION.

Is there any nation which you can make all your pops get their everyday and luxury needs without sphereing anyone economically relevant?

Also, why is it so hard for landowners to get their everyday needs?

Ostrov and Torzhok are dumb.

Mantrega looks okay from here, not sure how the rivers and such go there off the top of my head.

Formed Lithuania and reformed Romuva, where should I go next?

Swap to Trebizond and kick out the franks

Green and blue imo to so your land gets to the source of the rivers.

Possibly orange to get on the other side of the rivers. Depends on if you want the river as a border, or make use out of both sides of the river.

The western border kinda looks nice as is, I think it depends heavily on how large the provinces on the other side of the rivers are.

Lower vulnerability is good.

Monks and mystics fucking WHEN
I love almost everything shown in the DDs but I need to pirate this shit NOW

Oh no, I meant switching to play somewhere else. Sorry that wasn't clear. Thanks for the thoughts and effort, though?

Any input on this situation?

Should I annex Mecklenburg now and annex Danzig afterwards or should I wait with fighting them until I have an alliance with Austria and have Teutonic release Danzig?

I don´t know what the better short term option is.

Is there a mod with a good descision that allows me to form Iberia. I would like to export that descision into HPM

You should get a map mod and stop posting that ugly ass vanilla shit. Jesus damn I hate looking at vanilla Paradox games.

I agree that the CKII vanilla map is complete shit, but the EUIV is pretty nice.

What would you recommend to replace it?

I want to. Only problem is, that the only mod that works for me is Extended Timeline. All other´s somehow don´t show up in my download folder or in the EUIV mod folder. I tried.

flat map w/o darker water

use steamworkshopdownloader and look up a video guide for changing the .mod file to work

How do I not fail as horde when I get bigger?
I tried going Jianzhou in eu4, but my unity went down a bit since I was quite big and didn't have anyone to attack.

You should expand in a way so you always have someone to attack.

Another way to make horde unity easier to handle is to have 0 overextension provinces that you can hold off on coring and then raze when you need the horde unity.

I think yearly horde unity caps out at -5 yearly.

Most map mods people post in here are uglier than the vanilla map.

>BCE
>not using the progressive holocene calendar
>In 12017

Haven't thought much about it but here goes... Albert dies earlier or Victoria marries someone else from the beginning and confides in the Tories and military men more than she did normally and it results in a reverse of the course for British democracy.

>The DLC that enables theocracies is released
>It also extends the game timeline back to 622 where you can play as Mohammed
>Paradox studios gets terrorist'd

And yeah, I doubt there'd be a flag chance at all but I was going for something different appearance wise for this playthrough.

They'll just make him as a dark silhouette like Hitler in EU4 in some countries

>Hitler in EU4

I know you meant HoI 4 but kek

>tfw no 622 start date
>tfw no 527 start date
>tfw no 476 start date

Kill yourself, Anime is the only redpilled media left

>kek meme

>frog meme

Go back to where you came from.

>reddit meme

>Do I need to increase my dabbing by 100%?
you need to increase it at least 200% my boi

>tfw can't assasinate mohammed and stop islam before it even begins

>Britanny
>Britannia