Redpill me on Lotus Elise

Redpill me on Lotus Elise.

It has the same stats as mx-5 ND but it is older platform and ~10k more expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

lotustalk.com/forums/f3/hairdresser-s-car-8782/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and 10k times less gay

/thread

It's a lightweight MR track toy as opposed to a sporty FR roadster.

much much faster stock / stock

stop being poor

What you get when you buy an MX-5 is literally an overpriced "driver's car" that is both comfortable at its limits and its peak, but its peak is low.

The Lotus Elise is another overpriced "driver's car" that probably needs to be pushed to be enjoyable and the MR setup makes it easily more terrifying than an FR setup.

What do you mean same stats as a ND? Isnt it lighter and more powerful? Not to mention that style and MR? + Targa so much better than a soft.

I wouldn't consider it unless you plan to track it.

Just get an MR2 spyder and swap in the 2zz engine and have a cheaper lotus elise but with more creature comforts

Even the piggy burgernaut version is under 2000lbs

Lotus is 100kg or so lighter than mazda but has about 20 horses less. Identical 0-60 times.

depends on the spec, the top line model elise is 4.2 0-60 and 220hp

there's more to driving than 0-60s my teenage friend

It takes 5 minutes to put the top. I'd recommend 2ZZ swapping an MR2 instead, but the MR2 literally doesn't have room for a passenger and an overnight bag.

Wrong

slowest elise is like 6 secs ND is like 7.3 secs

lotustalk.com/forums/f3/hairdresser-s-car-8782/

fo srs though, a bottom of the range elise S1 may have similar specs to a top of the range ND but that's about it, they are very different cars.

sit in an elise and you'll get what i mean, the interiors are really spartan. glovebox? no. cupholders? no. even the S3 elise interiors make the ND seem like a luxury car. i think some of the newer elises have ABS and A/C but that's about all you'll get. also notice how the two seats in an elise are positioned right up against each other. great for lateral weight distribution but you better be prepared to get friendly with your passenger.

>tl;dr
ND is more liveable with
elise is a more focused sports car

Whats the site for comparing two cars that images get posted here all the time? I want to see lap times of both cars.

Is the lotus elise driveable in the winter?

Elise:
Slow, overpriced lightweight *hairdresser's car

Miata:
Slow, lightweight hairdresser's car which is cheap

*Only successful hairdressers

lel

It is, if you live on the Mediterranean coast.

yea man a lightweight sports car is good for snow

Miatas are really that slow? Kek that's probably when i rev at them at red lights they never try

its more race car and the mx-5 is more sports car

BTFO

i keep seeing this sub 6s 0-60 for the miats in these silly meme comparisons but that can't be right can it? mazda's own figure on their website is 7.3s.

>Kek that's probably when i rev at them at red lights they never try
They probably never try because people who drive Miatas don't tend to be boy racer faggots who rev at people at stop lights, they're usually women and gay men who decorate or style hair for a living.

you are correct. also notice how the gay neckbeard leaves out track performance.