Anybody drove one of these in here?

Anybody drove one of these in here?

Other urls found in this thread:

build-threads.com/build-threads/vq35hr-r32-skyline/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

everyone here owns either a miata or truck

How much is the cost of owning this bad boy?
I dont mean the price of the car i mean more like yearly maintenence and shit. Is it a money sink?

its about as expensive as you would expect an awd turbo unicorn 90s jap car to be
personally id save your money and get a gtst. less rice tax with the benefit of rwd

i fucking hate awd so fucking much

the GT-R is AWD...

yeah, if i had one i would convert it to rwd

I've had the pleasure of driving one, but can never afford to own one.

Instead I've got an R34 GTST. It's not the same as a GTR, but it's enough for me.

>tfw lusting over these R34s like most other American car guys
>tfw even in 2024 you won't own one because they'll all be totaled or internally ruined and they'll only be available for $60,000 at which point it would make more sense to buy a slightly used R35

God damnit.

build-threads.com/build-threads/vq35hr-r32-skyline/
check this butthurt out

>Convert
>says it with confidence as its easy as pie

mate we aren't playing Forza.

My only questions is why you would want to change a $40,000+ car that is known for its endless AWD grip to RWD.

If you say to drift then kill yourself and buy an ER34 GTST

Difficulty of conversion: R32 - Easy as pie. R33 on - Harder but not impossible with a side-serve of potential breakage.

The undisputed king of AWD performance, the GTR is a bit of a freak to drive on the limit. Converting it to RWD can either be easy or a complete pain in the arse depending on which model you are talking about but the one outcome that is absolutely guaranteed is that you'll annoy the Godzilla purists. And that sounds like as good a reason as any so here goes.

The reason disabling the drive to the front wheels can be easy or difficult comes down to the way in which the various ATTESA systems used in the GTR's operate. The R32 would have to be the simplest, most economical and instantly repeatable of the GTR's to convert to RWD and a few minutes with a soldering iron, some wire and a switch sees it in a user selectable all/rear drive mode. This is achieved by shutting of power to the ATTESA control unit so that there's nothing running that knows how to process the wheel speed differential from the front to the rear wheel speed sensors and, consequently, nothing to tell the hydraulic pump to apply pressure to the transfer case. Its simple, it works and it's bags of fun.

(1/2)

It will work on later models too but please, don't try this at home. If you do, you'll soon end up with a rear-drive GTR whether you like it or not. See Nissan got a little smarter on subsequent models and they determined that in order for the ATTESA all-wheel-drive system to come into play faster once wheel spin is detected, the transfer case should be preloaded (with hydraulic pressure). This meant that as soon as the pump was switched on by the controller, the system would already have significant pressure to dramatically reduce the time taken to engage the front wheels. We're only talking about milliseconds here but anyone who has driven both an R32 and R34 GTR on the limit will appreciate the difference.

Trouble is that simply shutting down the computer control of the hydraulic pump after the system has been pressurised means that the clutches in the transfer case wear due to the resistance from the front half of the drive-line. I.E. they're trying to turn the front prop-shaft (albeit to a small degree) while the front wheels aren't allowing this to happen. The obvious solution is to remove the front prop-shaft and this is the road most often taken when dyno-tuning an 33 or 34 GTR on a RWD dyno. To make the situation ideal though, you'd want to disable the ATTESA pump and then release the pressure from the transfer case - unplugging the ATTESA pump and disconnecting the fluid line from the ATTESA pump to the transfer case is fine for this. Don't forget to bleed it all properly when you're finished. Alternatively you can fit a system found in many of the world's fastest drag GTR's that uses a manually operated hand-pump to increase pressure to the transfer case to a predetermined level.

(2/2)

>buying a gtr to convert it to rwd
just buy a fucking gtst dude

>Butchering Nissan's grorious ATTESA system developed over many years of trial and error

Just get a 370z you tasteless swine.

They need to bring back Millennium Jade for the GTR.

Nope, used to own an R32 though.

it looks much worse in person
M spec gold looks better

Does GT (no R) count?

Here's your (you). Now kys and buy a R34 GTT instead of wasting everyone's time.

It's really a question of why did you even bother buying a GT-R when the GT-T will do. Hell you can even swap in a RB26DETT if you so please.

and it's faaaaar cheaper as well.

honestly, the GT-T is more bang for your buck, it circumvents the paul walker tax.

Nice trips my dude

Yes.

It's like driving a Playstation. It's pretty comfy and could climb walls with its AWD if it weren't for gravity. It tends to push in corners at high speed if you give it some stick, the ass-end likes to squat and pull weight off the front wheels but otherwise it's an all-around excellent track car. The RHD took some getting used to. It has a lot of the electronic gizmos the R35 GT-R has. And of course it has endless aftermarket as any decent Jap twin-turbo car does.

I'd like to own one but I'm an 80's child and am preferential to the R32 GT-R which is also now legal to import and almost affordable for me. Get an R34 if you can, you won't be disappointed. The RB is an excellent motor in almost every variant of its production.

>it circumvents the paul walker tax
Barely. R34s are still stupidly overpriced.

Or a mustang.

>Its like driving a Playstation
Clueless as fuck. Anyone who says anything like this should be ignored

Added to my filter list newfag

Yeah i liked it but it feels heavier than it looks

I'd love to drive a r32 GTR and R34 GTR too

>used to
what kind of dumbass would sell an r32

Or an RSX

Or a corolla

That is an R34 dude

They are pretty damn similar but i guess that wasnt exactly implied.

What are you talking about? The pic in OP is an R34 and you said you have driven it but want to drive an R34. Which one is it?

If you got a shit one it would be easy to end up doing that.

The Skyline GT-Rs can be absolute nightmares for maintenance if you don't know what you're doing. Transmission rebuilds, ATTESA faults, HICAS failures, engine failure from either oil pump drive failure, wet sump starvation, or any of the other common weaknesses of the RB26 can easily do it in.

Or you discover that it's rotting from the inside out due to rust. The list of things that can go wrong with a car this old is basically infinite.

Probably not.

Aki's R33 is amazingly clean but despite this his ECU tune is clearly not that good considering how his catalytic converter regularly clogs with soot. He should really get that fixed.

Yeah, my dad was VP of Nissan when the R34 came out and let me drive the first one
It's faster than a Geyron.

Miata

my step brother has one, its insane bruzz

would only dream of having one, but he seems to be working on it all the time. would rather a r33 to daily drive a comfy boat

R33s aren't exactly boats unless R34s are boats as well but ok.

The R33 is no boat, the steering may feel heavy but it turns on a dime. AWD really only kicks in when doing stupid things at full throttle.
Plus unless you live in Japan with perfect roads, prepare for some mild shaking.

Is the suspension really that bad? The stock R32 GTR rides like an E46.