/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Carrying the team edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell Info
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=yEJtuNIW-RI
youtube.com/watch?v=jE1h-IMLefY
Upcoming Changes to Pro League
reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5odf7q/year_two_of_rainbow_six_siege_competition/
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Patch 5.3 is live.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228-Patch-Notes-Update-5-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Read the thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/home/
gamespot.com/articles/rainbow-six-siege-next-dlc-release-date-announced-/1100-6447391/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for marko operator when

More lewds of Valk, IQ, and Cav pls.

i am shit at the game

REPOST

Guys should I buy the year 2 season pass or titanfall 2? They're both about the same price on kinguin and I just don't know which one to get, I don't want to do both because I'm just greedy with my money like that.

reasons to buy titanfall 2
-want to have a casual fps game I can just play and run around and shoot shit
-getting bored with the fps games I currently have, rainbow six, battlefield 1,3 and 4, red orchestra is what I'm currently playing but I can't really play that game for more than 1 hour, then I get bored with it

reason to buy year 2 season pass
-don't feel like grinding renown every season to get the new operators (did that the first year and I'm over it, don't feel like doing it again)
-want to support the game, after 450 hours in PvP I feel like they deserve it

Hey mcfuckface, what the heck is on her forehead

Just pop a xanny and reach diamond with me, it will make your problems go away.

what the fuck am I even looking at?

I want sexy ripped feminine abs, not.. whatever the fuck bug eye shit that is

oh right, well she should wear them then

>The biggest problem with Spetsnaz is that they're geared out more like soviet KGB. With the shit they have (outdated light machine guns, and literal IEDs) it's like ubisoft is trying to spit in the face of russians
Yeah, they definitely took the outdated-Soviet-tech meme way too in this. But I still generally like their aesthetic.

>Also "Spetsnaz" isn't even a real fucking group. It's about as generic as having a CTU named SWAT.
Yeah, it should've just been Alfa, or maybe Vympel. But they mostly designed the CTUs around common memes, and most people just know the Russian special forces by the generic "Spetsnaz" name.

>responding

Here's a challenge for you /r6g/ find the closest real life equivalent of any operator.

We get it, you're an edgy teenager who wants to let others know he does drugs.

rate my edit

>pfffft

isn't pronounced enough, it should be seen from the thumbnail.

1 hour till info broskis

>my name is cold steel the hedgehog

I love you pen and paper friend

what a fucking disgusting op image

delete this right now

Titanfall 2?

Mira reveal out?

I'm 23, sorry user, maybe you should relax and pop some xannies, then you would be plat 3 like me and maybe even reach diamond.

No

At least the retarded mongoloid has been silenced.

Fucking shitposting subhumans.

who makes these generals anyway

My gf kinda looks like Twitch.

Are you asking why titanfall 2? Because I thought it would be a fun, refreshing, fast-paced fps game. Plus my pc isn't really good with the newer games anymore and this one seems like it could run fairly smoothly on my pc whilst also still being updated and fresh.

I hate that cup

Titanfall 2 is good

You can get the season pass for cheap though

DUDE DRUGS LMAO

Not him but where? Last time I looked year 2 season passes were $30 on G2A

Oh shit I didn't even use G2A

When the season pass 2 came out it was $22 on green man gaming

You've already paid for R6S, buying Titanfall 2 means you'll have to split your time, or drop a game entirely. Both are online games, so it's not like you can buy TF2 when it's on sale, play one, come back to the other, as it may be dead by then.

2 new characters every 3 months aren't going to change gameplay so much to stop you from getting bored with R6S. Also, if you don't like grinding, you can just buy credits and unlock some DLC operators for the same price as the pass; you honestly don't need every single operator unlocked to be competitive.

>smug montagne doesn't realise you placed your c4 under the floor

>tfw wanted to get out of class then see info

I can't believe I'm sad over getting out early

>Spanish operator
>Is muslim
>Atleast it isn't a Gipsy

Wew,i'd take a muslim over a gipsy.

>needs drugs to be decent at video games
thanks for the laugh

Even with that drug he's taking would little help

>rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/home/
>Runtime Error

What the fuck is even xanny t. never done drugs

A drug that simulates autism

I'm already decent, but Xanny gets me in the mood to play videogames.

>tfw can get all the medical drugs which I want for free because of my job
Is there anything better?

Xanax

you make a very compelling argument

Is it loading for anyone?

I have it loading for me, but there's no changes to the page yet

Maybe no info today

>Pulse doing the Dr.Hostage I'm FBI pose
Perfect

So the release date for velvet shell is next week on the 7th

I guess I won't go to any lectures that day

gamespot.com/articles/rainbow-six-siege-next-dlc-release-date-announced-/1100-6447391/

For every one or just season pass holders?

>Siege will be playable for free on PS4, Xbox One, and PC for one weekend, running February 2-5.

Season pass holders have operator exclusivity until the 14th of February, but the map and all the other content comes out for everyone on the 7th

the operators will be season pass only till the 14th

so, clicking that link just redirects me to ubisoft's main page, does it actually show anything?

BRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP

You can even see wet spot inbetween the buttcheeks

>you think you're going to completely ruin enemy noobs but in reality you'll be put with the noobs and full premades are going to fucking ruin you instead

>no info today

Better fucking no tomarrow

>not getting 4 bros together for some casual stomping
Free weekends are great.

>saving 100k to be breakfast at tiffany's oper8r
>manage to get 25k more this weekend
>planning to get another 25k to have enough for new ops
>see discount on japs skins
>don't want to regret not buying them so get on anyway

The info was for the esports actually

Alright so when you do the 100 club credit 20% discount thing in the uplay shop you permanently lose the 100 credits, even if you cancel the order. NOICE

Of course it was

>tfw going to have to tune out for three hours until the panels because of xbox shit on days 1 and 2

Isn't this going to be the last time we see Xbox in the pro league too? Good riddance.

how much do black market xanax cost? could I take aderall instead?

you can't use the code anymore?

didn't save the count, maybe I can find the code somewhere on my uplay account or something, I'll check later

>black market

It's one of the most commonly prescribed medications on the planet. You literally just go to your doctor, say you always feel nervous in social situations, and they give you xannies to help make you less of a retard.

They should have sent you an email with it. Check that because the code is still valid.

oh shit you're right, thanks brah

No idea, like I said, I get my stuff from my job, never bought them on the black market. Adderall would be better if you want to improve your performance, both are easily accessible through prescriptions if you want to go the legal route. But your voice comms could be weird sounding if you take them, people often commented on it and the handful of people also hear a major difference.

No problem, I went through the same thing.

>normies on my /r6g/

im out

she's cute user, I hope you really do have her as a gf, good on you.

What updates to the game are anons anticipating/hopeful for?
I want drastic changes to the lighting, as well as small, mostly aesthetic UI tweaks.

I wonder if the opening ceremonies are going to be as dramatic as they are in the Olympics.
Can we expect an appearance from Aisha Tyler?

kapkan becomes 2 speed and gets russian acog AND IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN I'LL BE ANGERY

Netcode
Region locking for ranked
2 second spawn protection so attackers can get oriented before dying immediately.

better matchmaking and for the fucking ranked to come out of beta

>lighting fix #2314134 that does nothing
>prior CTU's rifle nerfed, new CTU's rifle super stronk
>random buff to memetically shitty operator, maybe blitz or castle this time, that has about a 33% chance of fixing them, 33% chance of making them broken as fuck, 33% chance of doing nothing
>a million little bugs that don't matter at fucking all fixed, one obscure map exploit that actually matters fixed
>BUY THE SKINS GOYIM
look in your heart, you know it to be true

Followup question and asking for a friend how much does lsd usually cost and what's the best medium to take it?

castle is fine, the operators that need some love are glaz blitz and kapkan

What in the fuck is wrong with glaz?

damage dropoff on his rifle, that's about it

>giving glaz more buffs
I don't like where this is going.
Blitz can be fixed by fixing his hitbox or increasing his speed, I think right now the earmuffs poke out of the shield making him an easy target but I wouldn't mind if I got to run into OBJ and flash a few guys before I get killed

But hes pretty solid rn.
His rof makes up for the damage dropoff and in CQC he is dangerous

I guess user means that he's a rather pointless op who does nothing special 99% of the time, and is only a meaningful pick on Plane.

I would say that he's reasonably effective, but obviously not in the way he's meant to be. The most successful plays with him usually involve rambo-style rushing instead of long ranged play.

You can consistently kill blitz by magdumping headlevel on his shield, even if both of you have good ping

I should have clarified, Glaz needs a buff to his damage dropoff and that's about it. He is much more effective pushing the objective in close range that actually using his gun as a marksman rifle, because his gun has more damage dropoff than like anything else in the game.

he is dangerous in CQC but not at range, that is the problem

>That guy that leaves when the match starts
>now i get to lose mmr
Thank you Ubi, you are my greatest ally.

>damage dropoff
This meme again?
His damage dropoff is fine. at max falloff his gun still does the highest damage of all DMRs. See pic related. That's compared to Blackbeards rifle, the dmr with the highest damage other from Glaz's.
The fact that his gun does more damage up close is a bonus to make sure he's not obsolete if he's forced to move into the building, which should be every round if your team doesn't complete the objective without you.
What Glaz needs is some sort of utility to make him competitive with other op choices. Some sort of thermal vision, passive ability to autospot attackers that leave the building within line of sight, or anything that makes him more useful than just a unique gun that can break barricades in 3 hits.

>wait thirty minutes for a match
>thrown onto EUW datacenter, live in texas, says i'm pinging 44 to datacenter, though
>have 77 in game, literally everyone else has between 150 and 300ms ping
>finish game, stomped
>turns out entire team is like 3 divisions higher than every member on our team

what the fuck is wrong with this horrible-ass matchmaking? it does NOTHING right. what sort of inscrutable fucking augury is it performing to match players? it follows no earthly logic.

Castle should get a minor buff in that his barricades should take less time to tear down for defenders instead of more. As it is, he's often way too much of a liability to be practical.

Glaz needs to actually be more viable at long ranges than at short ranges, as opposed to the way that he is right now.

Blitz needs to have his head hitbox fixed. Again.

Kapkan should become a medium armor op.