/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, with a focus on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
/cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/826004080795451392
youtube.com/watch?v=ocW3fBqPQkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for Aurora 4x

Mostly thinking of early game, where you really have to optimize your ressources.

>/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General
That's okay, I guess.

2nd for glorious Mrshann empire.

>/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General
I approve this.
It's a nice compromise between civ4xg and s4xg.

Guys I need your help.
I am thinking about changing bonuses from governments.
>first they are less restricting, for example pacifists can't go into military governments but that its all
Bonuses are for governments not ethics and cross with each other aka Military Republic get Military and Democratic/Republic bonuses plus small flavor bonus(cheap army upkeep).

Republics/Democracies
>happiness
>cheap leaders -people government
>empire leaders capacity - anyone can lead
Oligarchy, elites and greed
>bonus credit minerals
>leader skill
>leader pool(more choice)
Autocracy/Dictatorship
>bonus core systems
>edict cost
>edict duration
So democracies are for smaller nations and have plenty of leaders, when autocracies are wide with less bullshit. Oligarchy is between but I am not sure about their bonuses.

Military, pretty simple more cheaper NAVY
>navy limits
>navy upkeep
>ship cost
Materialist, more research
>res speed
>research alternatives
>leader exp gain
Spiritualist aka spread fast and hard to subvert
>ethos divergence
>planet border extrusion
>less food consumption
Pacifists
>more core systems
>more food productions, peaceful agrarians
>happiness, happy hippie

Also generic governments could use some bonuses or they could just get stronger basic Rep/Oligarchy/Autocracy bonuses.

Any more feedback or help?
Or cute animal pictures - sadly it looks like I can't get both.

How would you even code that?

That sounds okay, but why is there a happiness bonus for democracy?
Only intellectuals benefit from these.

Is this the /4xg/ of R&I? Or maybe, is R&I here? Among us? He was the one who spammed Stellaris general and made that thread after all...

Who the fuck is R&I?

And no, is just a shit thread made by some autist out of spite. This is the real thread.

Just changing government proprieties in government file.
Easy but because of my low skill it take time.

Its easier to rally people against big bad ruler and its easier to take your bad feelings against him.
On the other hand who do you blame in democracy? Your fellow citizens?

Well I try to change that. We will see how its go.

>Its easier to rally people against big bad ruler and its easier to take your bad feelings against him.
I dunno, what just happened in the US make me think that democratic republic maybe should have other bonuses than happiness.

>Who the fuck is R&I?
Are you new lad

got bumped again
>number of posters hasn't gone up
LOL

Well so what you propose?
Also because government can change in peaceful way in USA you didn't see revolution or uprising.
Imagine if Obama was a ruler for life and Hilary his designated heir(or something).
People can vote and even if its mostly illusion of choice it keeps some happy. Or at last not angry enough to start revolution.
Autocracies get +core systems Wide
Democracies get bonus happiness Tall

I don't understand but that's a cute cat you have here.

Well just for you.

holy shit where did that guy go

Fucking adorable.

So yeah, back on topic, democracies just get bonus points for being, well, democracies. I get it.

I just naturally assumed that they were like Communists democracy, where you can vote freely but there's only one choice.

America is still functioning because it's a democracy. If Trump was dictator for life, and we were developing life extension drugs so quickly that we were looking forward to another 100 years of this shit, there would be a civil war.

Democracy doesn't make people 'happy', but it makes people less likely to form factions, hence a mechanical happiness bonus. Democracy means you can (in principle) fix your government's problems merely by voting, so a happiness bonus makes a lot of sense.

>Democracy doesn't make people 'happy', but it makes people less likely to form factions
Ooooh... That kinda makes sense, since the most violent fighting I saw were on the Internet.

R&I is a notorious /gsg/ shitposter. He makes thread like 50 posts before the bump limit so he can use the same infopic and leave the same hypocritical first post of "Reminder to report and ignore shitposters".

He is also known for purging the /gsg/ infopic of things on purely arbitrary whims because he personally doesn't like the game. His very presence encourages shitposting in /gsg/ and he literally never gets banned despite pissing on the rules regularly.

Now never talk about him in this thread again because I don't want /gsg/ shitposting to come here too.

I never visited that cesspool enough to get acquainted, but he sounds like the other thread's OP.
>make thread too late
>accuses others of hijacking it
>bumps it
When his thread will be deleted, he'll come shitpost here.

Communism has devolved into a pseudo-religion even before a proper space age, so it could be classified as a theocratic form of government.

But I thought that communism was specifically anti-religion and pro-fedoratipping?

That's because traditional religions are a kind of competition. In order to establish a communist society, you have to change the moral principles of society in the same way that religion does, so you have to wipe out the old religions.

Western secularism is a materialist movement that usually seeks to replace spiritualism with utilitarian values. It is also incompatible with communism, which in the west has adopted a very spiritualist, anti-rationalist postmodernism.

it's anti-religion but it replaces objectively true religious values with objectively true communist values, the apocalypse with the mythical communist utopia, spiritual leaders with marxist visionaries etc
it also fights religion because of course it wants more believers for itself
basically it's a cult of fedora

That's pretty scary.

Think about Party(nomenclature) as priest caste.
They have exclusive rights to interpret Holy Scripture not some dirty peasant/worker.
It wasn't that at start and when Stalin was alive but after his death it turn into kind of caste system.
Rulers(High Nomenclature)
Priests(Party and Intellectuals)
Army and branches
Workers and Peasants

>still answering to himself
Just give up, buddy.

You could argue that's just a common trait of ideologically driven authoritarian governments.

How about we pretend the other thread doesn't exist?

It even fits well into the vanilla governments. Stalinism relies heavily on 5 year plans (edicts), and ethics divergence is reduced via NKVD, which encourages conformity. The grand mausoleum could be thought of as a major gulag.

I can't. It's too hilarious. It's like watching a retard trying to play Alpha Centauri, it's a trainwreck.

Speaking of retards, when will DSP try Civilizations 6?

>he didn't even know that they have a LENIN MAUSOLEUM
>they still have it but I can be wrong
It end when that pig Khrushchev abolish Stalin cult.

Mix collectivism with spiritualism.
>frontier commissars

Jesus fucking christ. TWO BROKEN RINGWORLDS. FIFTY(50) ENGINEERING RESEARCH.

I think I've hit the motherload here god damn.

"Fuck you." - People who spawned without such luck.

Im legit going to file for a refund on Civ VI if they dont announce workshop for it soon. This is actual false advertising.

Also I just uplifted these guys and in the process of uplifting them two of their existing ethos' upgraded to fanatic versions.

What is happening in this game.

>2246
>uplifting
You mean enlightening, right?

Yeah my bad.

>not going Ur-Quan on them

>Scientist gains the Paranoid trait
>Science vessel explodes
>Scientist dies
>All within the same second
Well I guess he was right.

In stellaris, if i terraform a planet does it then lose its 'traits'? for example; atmospheric hallucinogen

Eh. I get one and it's behind the FE now gone AE. Also, get Cybrex homeworld and surprise, it's next to my neighbor's capital. Little shyster.

OK so there is my doing. You can mock me.
Bonuses from ethic or flavor one get doubled but from ideology not when you get upgraded version of government.
Pic related.

I terraformed a planet and it managed to maintain its stone age inhabitants. Its traits are safe.

Now how the fuck do you uplift these niggas? Is it when colonizing? Because I might've messed that up.

Species tab, there's an uplift button.

Ahh it seems like every gen has their designated autist fuck that just won leave

like the Tierqueer in wfg

Whoa, nice. Cheers.

i know how u feel

Has there been any news on Bank's release date? I'm hesitant to start a new game, only for it to be yanked out from under my feet

April or March.

Has promise user, keep it up.

I wonder if I should switch bonuses(x2 for upgraded Government version) from ethics to ideologies.

All starting government.

What the heck, I can't see any pre-sentients on me species tab. Now I know there's at least 2 more races than the ones on me planet (which has a big button saying stone age primitives on it) but none of them show up on the tab.
Even loaded a save from a different game and they do show up with "pre-sentient" written right underneath the species name. What gives?

so it's my first time playing the new Master of Orion and I seem to have found the titular Orion
approximately how much firepower would I need to take it? i'm somewhere in the mid game, not the strongest military but lots of cash thanks to diplomacy (I'm playing as humans)

twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/826004080795451392

hmmm....

Stone Age primitives have a chance to become pops of Bronze Age primitives every so many years. It's such an arbitrary distinction that I'm convinced the devs couldn't decide on which system was better (stone age Pops or just a modifier that can spawn pops), then decided to just implement both systems.

The fuckers will always become Bronze Age after I've built a colony ship with the express purpose of building fucktons of Society research.

Pre-FTL civs being pops or planetary modifiers*

So what exactly determines a species pre-sentient? Assuming the others I found elsewhere made it to bronze age (ie, don't show up as P-S), these ones I'm certain haven't since I'm on the planet with them and they don't show up on the species tab as one thing or another.

Hmmmmmm.....

Drydocks? Whatever it is its bloody ugly

In stellaris i got the AI uprising event, and now for idk over 15 years i've had spacestations and tiles blown up. When does it end? I quickly destroyed their bases

>page 10

Destroy the remains of their fleet.

Dead thread.

there isnt anything close to my territory, so if theres one tiny fleet on the other side of the galaxy, i'll still get these shitty events?

You have to completely remove robot.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocW3fBqPQkU

Just remove robot. Completely.

Why is Stellaris' early game so boring?

Space is fundamentally boring. It's just literally empty space. The only way to make it interesting is to interact with ayys, but for balance reason they decided to make spaceports have over 1000 power, so there isn't even a useful way to interact with them in the early game.

But the neutral aliens can make it interesting.
Even Sins of Solar Empire was more interesting, with neutral units.

How do you reckon they'll go about the "higher beings" mentioned in the mind over matter perk tree?
Think Spiritualists will get unbidden-lite allies or some shit?

Maybe you can get some spirit beings to be strike craft for your ships, just like you do with amoebas.

That sounds fun.

Are there mods that make spaceports weak? Are they fun?

Not really.
Combat in Stellaris like in all Paradox games is UNFUN and made for multiplayer purposes.

Is it just me or is the whole Endless series just tons of style and no substance?

hey Stellarisfags, how would you stat up these filthy neutrals?I have no strong opinions on the matter

Spend no ethos points.

Its well done, polished series which bore me completely and I can't play it.
On the other hand that shitty, half done and buggy Stellaris can force me to play 'one more tick'.
Dunno.

How does one become Strong Mane in Elder Kings?

>declare war
>get this response
That's probably scarier than threatening to kick my ass (which she will). Cheeky twat.

By the by, how exactly do you "exploit" fleet AIs? Am about to use a bait fleet to jump to one of their sectors and blow up a few stations to try and drag the big 'un to my fortress sector whilst the main fleet either tries to help or goes back and rapes a few planets. Do they just follow the first fleet in their territory across sectors? Even if there's a 2nd bigger one in there?

>tfw no feline race in stellaris

here is your (you)

too bulky

Use the dimporphism mod and make a race of female cat people.

>female cat people

>nyanperioum
>not Impernyaa

kek, I came into the thread to post the same thing.

>tfw fleet accidentally runs into a Dimensional Horror while deploying to attack the FE

>install preftl drive mod
>now all AI can't get past stone age, all empires i find are 'inferior' tech

anyone else having this problem using alphamod+preftl+population control+autobuild?

it is

The hell? Is this a Mass Effect spin off?

You're declaring war while hemorraging 160 EC a day with less that 1300 in the bank? Bold.

No. It is Stellaris. Being played by /got/reddit.

No it isn't, at least not Marxism
Marxism basically says Religion is the Opiate of the masses...but like everyone knows, you don't just take away the opium when you want to wean someone off. You need to get rid of his addiction, his 'need' for it first. The point of marxist theory regarding this is that religion fundamentally stems from scarcity and uncertainty, so you pray to someone more powerful than you to give you the things you lack and give these things in a more certain manner. Therefore, if scarcity and the income gap is abolished, then you don't lack things and you're not uncertain about your future anymore so religion 'naturally' withers away on its own.