ITT: Future shitboxes

What will you drive in one or two decades?

probably some entry level toyota since everything else is stuffed with so much e-nannies that will probably not work anymore by then

I don't fucking know at this rate.
>BRZs will be $2-3k
>cutoff for emissions testing forever stuck at 1996
>keeping old shit on the road, between keeping the entire engine management system happy and adhering to emissions standards, will be frustrating and expensive
Now I know how machine gun enthusiasts felt after the post-'86 MG ban.

>BRZs
don't know much about them but are their engines known to last high mileages?

>implying you'll even be allowed to drive in 20 years

>Nobody's figured that out yet, maybe the people who drive them should drive em more and stop being racerbois

probably the same shitbox i drive now

->implying that chink garbage will see you through 2017 let alone 2030

if the chevy doesnt the honda certainly will

plus unlike niggers i actually maintain my cars

>allowed

Basic maintenance will make any car last forever just most people dont fucking do it and then blame the car maker afterward

Probably some kind of second gen electric.

>someone saved that pic
That Tesla was pure Kek. At some point the drivetrain is or already has been put into a Volkswagen bus from the 60s or 70s or 80s

There are already 86s with over 150k on them.

After it blows, just swap in a built motor to handle a big supercharger.

mine is there pretty soon, and I'm proud to announce that my car is already worth 60% of what it was new.

biggest myth that ever existed with the 86 is that you need to swap motors for some reason. the engine thats already in the car is more or less and improved WRX engine, and it will take boost like there is no tomorrow.

smarter route would be to buy new FA20s that idiots keep tearing out of the twins for next to nothing, and keep one extra around for parts or swap. spend 2000-3000 on doing a proper turbo build instead.

unless you're some hotshot drifter that needs 1100 horses in his driftmissile, I honestly dont see the point

a GT86 that actually looks decent or a BRZ Sti

whichever comes first, provided the BRZ still looks decent.

what do you mean? front bumper on the 86 has become a bit crazy, but other than that.

I came into this thread to say GT86/BRZ but nooooooo like 4 people had to say it before me

its the obvious answer.

ever tried shopping around for a half decent S chassis lately?

86 is a godsend, whether this fucking board agrees or not.

It just depends on how much power you want to make, and what you want to do with the car. The stock engine is good for low levels of boost on the street, but high boost on the track makes the motor go boom.

I plan on keeping mine until it blows though. I probably will still NA for at least 10 years.

Original 86 > Revised BRZ > Original BRZ > Revised 86

>86 is a godsend, whether this fucking board agrees or not.

This.

Self driving hearse

I'm doing a vortech supercharger this fall, provided I don't waste the money on other parts.

30whp more is all I'd really want though, another 80whp is entirely possible though on a not too radical tune.

Gotta agree with this shitboxes are running out.

Why the vortech over JRSC, Edlebrock, or Harrop?

the bumper is basically my only gripe, but unfortunately it is really a big part of the look.

It would feel stupid to switch out the bumper too.

one of very few TUV approved kits I'm afraid. so if I want to keep my road registration, thats the most economical option I'm left with.

the options are the HKS V2 turbo, and the cosworth supercharger, both of which are hideously expensive.

vortech is cheap and nasty, but it does the job fine for a few more horses and some whoosh sounds.

>It would feel stupid to switch out the bumper too.

I guess. zenki will be the cheaper and better option anyways though

That sucks, and here I thought California laws were bad.

The great thing is how many paths you can take with this car. So many options and the car has only been out for 5 years.

Mine will be paid off in a couple years. Feels good man. (Pic only semi related)

my only regret in life is not having my car in hyper blue.

oh well

Hyper blue looks great in pictures, but in person it looks a little tacky. Compared to WRB anyways.

Idk I'm not into shitboxes. I'll probably just get whatever Lamborghini is producing as their mid range model.

underrated post

I'm hard pressed to find anything made after 2010 that I would actually want to own.

>Nothing has windows
>Pointless center consoles in everything
>Touch screens
>Billion buttons everywhere

>I'm hard pressed to find anything made after 2010 that I would actually want to own.
how about this

I would but I'm not in Australia

>ford

kys

better cunt?

better

>What will you drive in one or two decades?
Probably some type of VW buggy because they will be good on gas, easy to maintain, and survive the ensuing EMP attack. Welcome to our dark Future.

Why are tinfoil hats so insistent on spreading this fear mongering nonsense

wtf