/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Woke up and forgot everything: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g-sgw9bPV4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR BEAST CUTTER

reposting:
If I find a bath merchant in a chalice dungeon selling lost/uncanny versions of weapons, do they then become purchasable in the hunter's dream or do I have to buy them first?

yes

Cool, thanks.

merchants in cds will sell lost/uncanny versons of all dlc weps you can currently buy in dream, buying them does not then add them to the dream shop afaik

>that one coin out of place

It does

How fun is 99 Arcane? I'll maybe try it but I'm scared of getting oneshot by everything

Why hasn't this been patched

I remember this one cuck from the fight clubs last year this time who had such a build and was a meme because he always died in 1 hit

>always died in one hit
I remember that guy, pretty sure his name was Gorion.

Anything in particular I need to get done before I gank Rom?

>give some dork advice on bosses
>no follow up or thank you

>help some other dork with defi amy
>no follow up or thank you

>try to help some dork with frc camerabeast
>waits until after he attempts the boss, without waiting for me to get there, to post 'hey man just in case you're still ringing, i killed the boss without u :^)'

youtube.com/watch?v=g-sgw9bPV4A

Rude. I die in two hits if I use two hp runes

It's pretty fun to rely on tools and have a variety of long range attacks. It was easier than I expected because usualy you don't have to get close to do damage but some parts of the game were brutal. If you learn spacing and timing you'll destroy anything lower than bosses before it gets close.

>Why hasn't this been patched
Why would it?

poor lil guy

:(

you need a hug?

Just recently finished the game. Explain please everything to me.

Or at least explain to me what was the Moon Presence? Some thing that fed on Great Ones? Did it cause the plague?

>doing some casual helping with Rom
>one-shotting the babby spoders with my untricked pick r1
>get cocky
>get caught by one of their pounces and obliterated

D A M A G E

Anybody down to help a dude run around the first part of DLC up to Luddy?

Sure, what level?

Im Level 34... is that too low? Im up to Hemwick. Ive done this shit before, I just want dat Saif

I did a chunk of it at that level by sprinting past everything. I think my arcane build might be low enough to help you out. Fair warning it's kind of mediocre. (My build, not the area.)

Thats fine. ill be ringing soon. pw is govikes

Pass?

k cool on my way

any good hunters want to dungeon delve with me in ailing loran?

I remember why I stopped playing that build

the wheel fucking sucks

FYI, if all you want is the saif, you're better off ignoring those hunters. They don't chase you far. Focus on getting to the shortcut first.

Still ringing, btw.

Let me boot up.

>go to help some guy

>die twice like a chump instead

God I forgot how much of a pain in the ass this area is at this level.

What? Do you want people to suck your epeen the way they do Hibiki's?

haha its all good. i might just come back to it after Hemwick and Forbidden Woods

how is the Rifle Spear btw?

password will be blood

Dropped from a HBLB in Ihyll?

No clue, I'm using Ludwig's Wheel. BLT playthrough after Arc though.

SRRC'ing

Yes

You might want to delete your PSN.

Radical
don't think I've seen flat fire drop as a secondary in Ihyll before

zmyp

Some people say the moveset is lacking but it does ok damage if you invest in SKL, I don't know how it does with BLT. I think it's better on PvP against one person and the charged tricked R2 is the best move.

Having a decent amount of fun with my Cane SKL build so far. With it hit harder though... Any hard-hitting weapons I can get around the Hemwick part of the story?

Rush the DLC for the Saif. You don't have to kill anything.

Your waifu looks like a trap

That's the glyph? Which layer you at?

im in layer 3

just recently did it, beat the core game and dlc. It was fucking painful and made me appreciate my 50 vit 50 str character more. I do not recommend.

How do you guys deal with Chalice Rom? I've beaten it before but now I keep getting hit by those spiders even though I keep moving. I've been ignoring the spiders for now

i delt with him by killing the spiders first

I did earlier by clearing the first wave of spiders before aggroing Rom proper, then focusing solely on her. Using a fast qweapon like Saif helps tremendously.

Rom seems to take more and more damage after each teleportation or something, because the latter half of the fight always seems way shorter than the first.

I thought of doing that too, got to give it a try. The moonlight blade is a bit slow here, last run I used the cleaver

Thanks

Anyone wanna do Rom with me? I'm 71, so I don't *need* help, I just have more fun doing the bosses with other people.

Ooh! MAJESTIC

How high should I level end?

Max 15, some say max 20.

Depends on your build.

Str; Str/Arc: 15-20
Skl; Blt:

right on, on top of that, is it worth it to go past 50 blt? say, 65-70?

Nope, not worth it. Only recommended to go past 50 if you're an ARC build, as Hunter Tools scale past 50.

Is the Bowblade a viable ranged option at 10blt? I'm finally getting around to a skill build and I was planning on going 50sk/25blt for the Bowblade with Rakuyo/BoM as backups but everybody makes the Burial Blade and Church Pick sound so fucking great.

I fell in love with the Bowblade on my pure tinge build but I hated having to swap weapons and then trick into bow mode. That plus having to re-trick my Bloodletter every time.

>40 VIT
>15% HP rune
>10% HP rune
>one shot by Laurence
I can't believe that fuck does more than 1676 damage in one attack

I leveled end to 30 for beast cutter. No ragrets.

ratshit bat shit dirty old twat

69 assholes tied in a knot

I wouldn't think the thing's overly "viable" even at 25BLT, much less 10. Can you even use the damn thing with 10?

Having to swap to it and trick it is a complete triviality, especially considering it's great transform attack into bow mode.

>he fell for the 40 Vit meme

I remember when I was 12.

40 vit is for pvp.

Then that's even more hilarious.

50 vit or die like a bitch

I really, really hate getting stunlocked.

I'm sure you guys get this question every other week, but...

Is the Old Hunters as good as everyone says or is it a meme?

It's amazing. Practically mandatory to the game.

not even close

Better 2bqh.

In all seriousness it's really very good.

AotA had every gushing about Artorias, Sunken, Iron, and Ivory had everyone gushing about the level design, TOH has both; great bosses, great atmosphere and level design.

The worst thing about it is that there isn't more of it.

Requesting the Spurdo Father Gascoigne image

beat mergo then do dlc. Hard but so rewarding.

Alright will pick up the DLC. Got the game for $20 back in November and have been loving it

Don't kill Wet Nurse, start DLC at BL 60 with a weapon at +6 and good gems.

Hope you enjoy it as much as me do mane.

>me
we*, but that too.

>tfw got the Saif in the DLC at Level 38

Whoever suggested I just run through like a bat through hell.., thank you. I hope many waifu handjobs are in your future. Time to fuck up the Witch of Hemwick

A lot of shit in Bloodborne can be left up into interpretation, the whole Paleblood thing being the biggest one. The general timeline of events is like this:

>Byrgenwerth, a place of learning, of indeterminate size, discovers the Pthumerian Labyrinth under the city, and encounter the Eldritch Truth, i.e., the old blood, insight, the Nightmare dimension, great ones, beasts, etc.
>during their early day experimentation, they massacre the Fishing Hamlet and desecrate Kos' corpse, cursing the Hunters, probably creates the rifts that has Laurence break off from Byrgenwerth and start the church, believing blood is the way to evolve mankind
>the Healing Church becomes a major theocratic organization, ruling the city of Yharnam
>at some point, 'Laurence and his associates' beckoned the Moon Presence, a Great One, what they got out of this we don't know, maybe blood, maybe insight, but it destroyed Old Yharnam
>experimenting with blood for possibly several hundred years, so much so that hunters and nights of the hunt become thoroughly normal to the citizens
>the church also has the Choir and School of Mensis as their higher ups, experimenting with even more horrible nonsense
>Mensis are now working on beckoning the moon again, and you turn up and are manipulated into stopping it via the inscrutable motives of the Moon Presence, or end up stopping it by mistake, we don't rightly know

The Moon Presence 99% likely has something to do with the plague, since the moon exacerbates the problem into an apocalypse-tier event. But why? We don't know. Could be simple alien influence being incompatible with us mere humans.

You're welcome user. As we say in /rlg/, "evoke feet"

>it destroyed Old Yharnam
The Dream already existed before the burning of Old Yharnam, it existed by the early stages of the Church given that Maria was somehow in charge of the Celestial Ayys experiment. Maybe that happened when Mensis beckoned Mergo by the first time and were sucked by the Nightmare. The ritual we see now would be the second attempt.

???

I just killed Orphan as a cooperator one second after my beckoner died

Does it still count? Did I do the right thing?

It means "run away".

You hunted

I think it counted. I had the same exact thing happen to me, and the host sent me a cute PSN message thanking me afterwards.

I thought 40 vit is for pve, not the other way around.

UPDATE: A chalice merchant that sells lost + uncanny versions of weapons does NOT add them to the Hunter's Dream merchant until you actually buy it in the shop.

Duh

Prey status: SLAUGHTERED

Well I asked right at the beginning of the thread () and either got an incorrect or ambiguous answer; just thought I'd clarify.

What now?

Yeah, that should be before the rise of the Church, oops. Old Yharnam falling was earlier days.

However, Maria was an Old Hunter, and they were Byrgenwerth, present at the massacre of the Hamlet. She resides in the Nightmare, looking after the patients.

Mensis are a later splinter group of the Church, they only beckoned Mergo once, and when they did, it resulted in the 'stillbirth of their brains' and became mummies, with Memelord now running around the Nightmare of Mensis running the end of the ritual.

Now you take a screen capture and post again

Now you learn how to update decent screenshots to Veeky Forums and ask coherent, direct questions.

How do I get it over onto my computer without first pushing it onto Twitter?

What? Want us to make your build for you?
Throw everything into BLT now.